NoneOfUsIsPink.com

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

NoneOfUsIsPink.com

Post by Keith Jordan »

Why doesnt someone buy the domain NoneOfusIsPink.com (USD $8.45 from Ipowerweb.com) and make a website for the tribute CDs?

I will provide web hosting one the NPF server with some bandwidth although not enough bandwidth to be serving the CDs up in high quality.... else I would have done that by now!
[Jon]
Knife
Knife

Post by [Jon] »

That's a great idea! I would, but I'm currently out of cash and a job... :(
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Somehow I missed this, I think its a great idea, but perhaps NPFTribute.com as a blanket site to cover live shows, DVDs, further audio volumes and anything else that comes along, perhaps a couple of exclusive downloads, like a few mp3s or something. If people are into it, I'll pay for it, seems pretty cheap.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

?10 for the domain if bought in USA and I will host it on the NPF server which seems pretty reliable now. I think the slowness of the main site is being caused by the torrent tracker over loading things but am still looking at that.

I would design the site but I really dont think I have the time at the moment but thought I would share the idea for it!!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

OK, well, my web design skills are pretty minimal so if we can have a volunteer to do it I say lets go for it. So heres how it looks...

Domain registration - moi
Hosting - Keith
Design - ?? any takers out there?
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

simpledumbpilot wrote: but perhaps NPFTribute.com as a blanket site
i agree, for 2 reasons, one because there are going to be other tribute cd?s that are not going to be called "none of us is pink"....and the other one, well, here comes my morals and ethics....being me who came up with that name I wouldn?t like to see it as a web domain because I feel it?s like prostituing something i came up for a heartful project....don?t know if any of you guys understand that?
In The Pink

Post by In The Pink »

I had PMd Stu that I've been thinking about writing a simple web page, explaining what the whole tribute project is all about. He pointed me to this thread. I cannot claim to be a great web-designer. But I sure am willing to experiment, and learn and study and research and grow. So I might try to see what I can come up with.

Okay. Here's the deal:

1.) I have unlimited free time on my hands for at least the next 1.5 months.
2.) I have a really good eye for detail and organisation.
3.) I really don't know anything about publishing a site to the web from scratch. So if anybody perhaps knows of a tutorial that they could point me to to make me more sure of myself, I would greatly appreciate it. Especially as we don't seem to have any other takers, and Keith posed this idea weeks ago.

This could be an awesome project with a little input from many people :D
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

If know one else will, I'll help you ITP, I know a bit on html and website design, but i'm not sure if I could do it completely
In The Pink

Post by In The Pink »

saucerfulofmeddle wrote:If know one else will, I'll help you ITP, I know a bit on html and website design, but i'm not sure if I could do it completely
Sounds like were in the same boat. Put our knowledge together, and we might be useful! 8)
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

In The Pink wrote:
saucerfulofmeddle wrote:If know one else will, I'll help you ITP, I know a bit on html and website design, but i'm not sure if I could do it completely
Sounds like were in the same boat. Put our knowledge together, and we might be useful! 8)
I've messed around with Front page......... Drag and drop is my friend... time would be an issue for me tho....( I will have internet at home come November )... But I would help you anyway I could.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I wouldnt design anything with front page. It adds too many non-standard compliant rubbish into the code. a 3k page is turned into a 70k page with that rubbish!!
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Keith Jordan wrote:I wouldnt design anything with front page. It adds too many non-standard compliant rubbish into the code. a 3k page is turned into a 70k page with that rubbish!!
I did not know that.... Thanks for the info! Wow.....Thats a big difference!
[Jon]
Knife
Knife

Post by [Jon] »

wow! Look what i found!

did this ever get accomplished?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

[Jon] wrote:wow! Look what i found!

did this ever get accomplished?
No, we never did this in the end, still could tho if someone wants to design it, I'll still pay for the domain name, Keith, does the hosting offer still stand?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Keith, does the hosting offer still stand?
Yes, it still stands. There is always the official section one this domain as well which needs some development http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/npf_trib/