NPF Tribute Vol.2: PLEASE READ THIS - 27th Feb Deadline

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

NPF Tribute Vol.2: PLEASE READ THIS - 27th Feb Deadline

Post by simpledumbpilot »

DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 27th 2006

Work has now begun on creating a follow up to our very succesful Pink Floyd tribute CD set ''None Of Us Is Pink'' which has now reached over 1000 people! That number is still growing everyday!

We would like to invite you to take part in the project! There are a number of ways you can participate:

Record a Pink Floyd or solo cover version.
There is no limit to the number of songs you can contribute to the album, we are aiming at making this a triple disc set again, however, should the album overrun then those contributing more than one song will be asked to choose one to be held over for a potential volume 3 so everyone can still participate.

Before choosing a song please check the list of songs already submitted and in progress, we would like to avoid duplicates of songs again. The list is available at the beginning of this thread: http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... php?t=8848

Please bear in mind that this is not a Pink Floyd impersonation contest, no ones work is being judged and everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate. The intention of the compilation is to reflect the community spirit nurtured on the forum and contributions from everyone that participates will be used. Everyone should feel that they can participate regardless of equipment and skill, simply do the best you can.

All musical styles are welcome, from classical versions of Goodbye Blue Sky through to thrash metal versions of Goodbye Cruel World or even if you would just like to record a faithful cover version of a song, anything goes! The entire Pink Floyd back catalogue including unreleased material and solo works by it's individual members is fair game so there is plenty of material to choose from.

Should you require another musician to collaborate with or would like to offer your services to assist with a cover version then please feel free to post in the musician exchange thread here: http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... php?t=6869

If you do not feel able to contribute musically then there are still other ways that you can!
a) Respond to the ''Flash Card Thread'' or record a piece of ''classic Floyd speech'' http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... php?t=6748
One of the intentions for the album is to make the music continuous and we'd like to record segues using speech, much in the same way as Floyd themselves did with Dark Side and The Wall. Forum member ''Mosespa'' has kindly taken the time to set up a ''Flash Card Thread'' in the spirit of the questions originally asked for the Dark Side Of The Moon LP, feel free to record your own responses to these questions. Alternatively you can always record yourself reciting a piece of speech from a classic Floyd record, so if you ever fancied playing the part of an Abbey Road doorman or Pink's future wife marvelling at his guitars in his ''fabulous room'' then nows your chance!

b) Contribute artwork for the booklet. http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... php?t=9022
Every album needs a cover and this is no exception! Our aim is to dedicate a page of the booklet for every 2 songs used, forum members Damn!t and FromNorth will be collecting the artwork and piecing it all together so head on over to the artwork thread for more details!

c) Suggest a title. http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... php?t=9024
A poll will be set up prior to the albums completion, if you would like to put forward a suggestion for the albums title please post it in the title suggestion thread.

Submitting your recording/s (cover versions and/or flash card responses/speech):
You can submit your recording on a CD in either wav, shn or flac format (NO MP3s) to myself (in England) via snail mail, please click on the PM button at the bottom of this post to send me a private message or e-mail me at [email protected] once you are ready to send your recording/s for details of where to send to. If you would like your recording returned to you please include a self addressed envelope with sufficient postage (preferrably in stamps), these will be sent out at the same time as the first copies of the finished album.

IMPORTANT: FILES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA THE INTERNET. A HARDCOPY IS REQUIRED AS A BACKUP.

Artwork contributions:
Artwork can be sent via e-mail to: [email protected] INCLUDE YOUR FORUM USERNAME.

Artwork can be sent either as an attachment or a specific on-line link to the piece you would like used.

Distribution:
A number of aproaches will be adopted to ensure blanket distribution of the album. There will be a torrent available via the main site and forum, vines will be set up in different territories to ensure swift distribution and the album will also be available on DC++ hubs. At present the intention is to distribute the album in either FLAC or SHN format, a poll has been set up to allow the forum members to decide here: http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... php?t=9506

Disclaimer:
This is a ''not-for-profit'' project and no financial rewards will be received by any parties involved, however you will receive worldwide distribution and promotion of your music / artwork for free!

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask, we all look forward to your contribution!

Thanks
Stu.
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
wispa2000
Embryo
Embryo

?????

Post by wispa2000 »

Where can i get old of this album????
or is it on torant?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It hasnt been made yet!! :o :D The deadline for submitting material to be included on it is FEBRUARY 7th 2006 as stated on the first line of the post! 8)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

What will the parameters for the WAV files be? 16 bit 44.100kHz? Or higher?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Keith Jordan wrote:What will the parameters for the WAV files be? 16 bit 44.100kHz? Or higher?
Well, thats what they'll end up being so people can burn them to CD so you may as well send the finished mix like that, saves me a job ;) but of course do use a higher bitrate if you can for recording your instruments.

Whilst Im here I may as well post a quick update....

I'll be away for the best part of 2 weeks in mid February just after the deadline so people may as well take this time to do any extra work necessary or perhaps record some extra covers, so the new deadline will now be Monday February 27th 2006.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

And keep in mind, gang:

We've still got a fair number of songs from The Wall that need to be covered.

This is a good time to point out that you don't have to submit a by-the-numbers or even a "faithful" version.

If, for example, you come up with a piece of music that the lyrics for "Don't Leave Me Now" would go over, that's quite acceptable.

For me, one of many standouts on Volume One was The Turning Away's cover of "Stop." It sounded NOTHING like the original track...and even, in my opinion, actually duplicated the sound of OBC-era Floyd.

Get creative.

(Mind you, this is coming from a guy who actually used the ORIGINAL track as the guide for one of his contributions.)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I will announce the new deadline in the newsletter I will be sending out today or tomorrow. If you want anything specific in there Stu, then please PM me.
missbee
Axe
Axe

Deadline: 7th or 27th?

Post by missbee »

Hullo.

Just to be absolutely sure, is the deadline the 27th, as it states on this thread subject, OR is it the 7th, as it states on the news link title and the email sent out January 1st?

20 days could make a big difference...

Thanks in advance,
Anji
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

It's the 27th.
missbee
Axe
Axe

Post by missbee »

Oh thanks!!!!
cevor
Axe
Axe

Post by cevor »

we're wearing our fingers and ears out mixing down our 9-05 Wall show...we'll keep you posted!
rainer
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rainer »

Hey Stu,
I sent you an email today with the wave file link and all details for
- One Of My Turns and
- Don't leave me now.

Please don't forget to response if you got the email.
Thnx
Rainer / TFC
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

No problem Rainer, I've been away for a week but alas its all over now and normality is about to resume :( I'll reply tomorrow once Im all rested up.
missbee
Axe
Axe

Post by missbee »

not sure how long it would take the mail to get a package overseas, so i sent a link to a wav file on my server. hopefully you can download it from there ok...
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

mhm, it may be stupid of me, but still... Who will get this album for free (if anyone)?