Gilmour's new live-band

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
pinkfloydforum.de
Axe
Axe

Gilmour's new live-band

Post by pinkfloydforum.de »

Hi everybody...

has David's new live band been confirmed yet? I guess that Guy Pratt will be part of it and Ged Lynch as well.

Speaking of Ged - I saw him many times on the most recent Peter Gabriel Growing Up Tour and he is very powerful drummer, Peter's live sound was much rockier and heavier than on previous tours.

I wonder what influence Ged will have on the live-sound of David's new show.

cheers
CHRISTIAN
http://www.pinkfloydforum.de
Saint Seiya
Blade
Blade

Post by Saint Seiya »

am i the only guy who hates guy pratt?
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Well pinkfloydz.com are claiming that the drummer will be Stevie DiStanisloa. They go on to say:
This solidifies the David Crosby connection. Crosby appears on David's album, and Stevie DiStanisloa drums for CPR, of whom David Crosby is a member.
and
Saint Seiya wrote:am i the only guy who hates guy pratt?
No, there are many peopel here who hate him :lol: .
The Great Pig In The Sky
Knife
Knife

Post by The Great Pig In The Sky »

no :twisted:
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Well, as long as he isn't trying to live up to Waters, I can live with Pratt. He's not totally without talent, you know...
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

olzen wrote:Well, as long as he isn't trying to live up to Waters, I can live with Pratt. He's not totally without talent, you know...
what his talent,sucking polls apart,oh I'm so nasty.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

http://www.davidgilmour.com/faq.php

Which musicians feature on ?On An Island??
- Pink Floyd keyboardist, Richard Wright, is on there, as is Guy Pratt (who has played bass with Pink Floyd on two world tours, as well as contributing much in the studio). The amazing Jools Holland lends a hand (or two) on piano. David Crosby and Graham Nash show up on the title track and Robert Wyatt makes a contribution as well. Orchestrations are provided by the renowned Polish composer, Zbigniew Preisner. The album is produced by David Gilmour, Chris Thomas and Phil Manzanera (who have worked with David and Pink Floyd extensively since Dark Side of the Moon) and is to be released by EMI.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Keith Jordan wrote:http://www.davidgilmour.com/faq.php

Which musicians feature on ?On An Island??
- Pink Floyd keyboardist, Richard Wright, is on there, as is Guy Pratt (who has played bass with Pink Floyd on two world tours, as well as contributing much in the studio). The amazing Jools Holland lends a hand (or two) on piano. David Crosby and Graham Nash show up on the title track and Robert Wyatt makes a contribution as well. Orchestrations are provided by the renowned Polish composer, Zbigniew Preisner. The album is produced by David Gilmour, Chris Thomas and Phil Manzanera (who have worked with David and Pink Floyd extensively since Dark Side of the Moon) and is to be released by EMI.
come on mr admin, this is supposed to be the Live-Band, not the studio contributors.
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

Nope...I detest the little worm.

However, Scott Page wins my most hated Gilmoursfloyd band member title.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I have no idea how people can hate someone who plays in a band (who they have never personally met) with such vengence. It really is quite sad.
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

jambo wrote:I have no idea how people can hate someone who plays in a band (who they have never personally met) with such vengence. It really is quite sad.
Its quite easy really. It began with my mums boyfriend playing Hulio Englasis on his car stereo when he'd drop me at school.
Its quite amazing really how a hated song, voice or musicians style can build a deep, vicious loathing over a prolonged period of seeing or hearing said musician/music in action.
Currently my most venomous outpourings are saved for when I hear "crazyfrog" or the "Vengaboys" on the radio.
It really can fuck up my day, and yes, I agree...It is quite sad.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

rightio then :shock: , back on topic. Any more info on the live band line-up?
fat_old_sun
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Post by fat_old_sun »

i have much respect for this man. he filled a role never thought possible. its simple, guy totally shits all over roger on the bass!!! simple. i'd still rather see guy play with floyd than rog.
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

Keith Jordan wrote:Pink Floyd keyboardist, Richard Wright, is on there, as is Guy Pratt (who has played bass with Pink Floyd on two world tours, as well as contributing much in the studio). The amazing Jools Holland lends a hand (or two) on piano. David Crosby and Graham Nash show up on the title track and Robert Wyatt makes a contribution as well. Orchestrations are provided by the renowned Polish composer, Zbigniew Preisner. The album is produced by David Gilmour, Chris Thomas and Phil Manzanera (who have worked with David and Pink Floyd extensively since Dark Side of the Moon) and is to be released by EMI.
How many of the studio contributers can we see playing live though? I reckon at least some of them are possible for guest appearances (RAH, probably?) - Wright, Jools Holland, Crosby and Nash. I can't see any of them being permanent fixtures for the tour though. Jools Holland's piano style is good in the right place, but I could see it getting annoying throughout a full Gilmour set.

Do we expect a small orchestral section at all? It is almost given that he'll have some backing vocalists of some sort - possibly some (or all) of the girls from the In Concert shows?

Oh, and for the record, I'm "pro-Pratt". Anyone who takes the place of a former member of a band is going to come under criticism, and he's definitely shown dedication to the role! While (presumably, at least) his songwriting skills are in no way comparable to Waters', his skills with a bass are definitely superior.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

I think Jools Holland will make an appearence at the RAH....since it's in London....not far for him to travel :) Also I think Rick will and possibly Nick. Maybe Rick or Nick will also appear in the American leg of the tour.
Quite possibly Roger might even be watching one of the RAH shows 8) ...that won't be a surprise to me.