Setlist for 2015 tour?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Setlist for 2015 tour?

Post by Keith Jordan »

So he ended up playing the same set list in Croatia as he did at the Bright on Centre. :)
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Maybe it's just me but I watched several videos from both Brighton and Pula and I find DG to be very inconsistent both musically and vocally. I can totally get the vocal part (depending songs, WYWH is sung almost perfectly) , he is almost 70 yo!

Now for the guitar, I never saw him do that many mistakes (WYWH in Brighton, Sorrow, Comfortably Numb, High Hopes...) At same times, the SOYCD version he did yesterday was flawless, even if it's most shorter than PULSE version it might just be his best performance for that particular song.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

He hit a few bum notes in both gigs I saw him at in 2006. In fact pretty much every gig I've ever been too has had little mistakes. It's also probably a lot to do with the way he improvised on 90% of his solos

Anyway I just watched a video of him doing C Numb last night and he sounded incredible. 69 years old!
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Agreed. It's early stages. He hasn't played live in almost 10 years. Think about going on holiday coming back to work after a bit. A few times over. He's been in the studio but live you don't have the benefit of doing another take. Our standard is pulse and other videos filmed at the tail end of a tour, after which he would've had lots of repetition playing the same songs. Plus micromistakes are generally fixed on official releases.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

raisemyrent wrote:Agreed. It's early stages. He hasn't played live in almost 10 years. Think about going on holiday coming back to work after a bit. A few times over. He's been in the studio but live you don't have the benefit of doing another take. Our standard is pulse and other videos filmed at the tail end of a tour, after which he would've had lots of repetition playing the same songs. Plus micromistakes are generally fixed on official releases.
Spot on. And nerves do play a part, he said before he was never phased playing in stadiums with the Floyd but playing in smaller venues where you can see individual faces can be nerve wracking.

But like you say it'll be more down to having not played live in 10 years. Ps I was at the Albert hall the night Bowie was there and being filmed for DVD you could clearly tell he was nervous early on when he forgot a verse in On an Island and simply hummed the tune instead because he regained his composure haha.

But yeah every artist I've ever seen has made mistakes, been to a lot of gigs and can't think of any where there weren't bum notes etc. it's part of the live experience, and I'll take that over using backing tracks and pre-recorded vocals any day!
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Exactly. Plus those things are easy to nitpick when listening to a bootleg but live is a complete experience with the visuals, the adrenaline, all the other instruments etc and you barely notice really.

Bags packed! Last sleep before crossing the pond for orange Oberhausen and rha
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Yeah, likewise, I was at the second RAH gig in 2006.....i’m not sure which one is on the eventual DVD but he spent too long on the Time intro, and had to almost run to the mic to deliver the first line.....just about made it!
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Listening to it right now on Periscope (much easier to find the the last 2 shows)

And it's flawless... Especially the solo he did on Money (probably match the edited version of Pulse) , everything is already improved. Just hope 2ndp part is gonna be as good.
Kiwi68
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Kiwi68 »

Any chance of folks sharing periscope links? I'm sure it's against some work policy here, but I can deal with that later.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Kiwi68 wrote:Any chance of folks sharing periscope links? I'm sure it's against some work policy here, but I can deal with that later.
https://www.periscope.tv/w/aMcq7TEzODM1 ... dvfAwhkg==
Kiwi68
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Kiwi68 »

Thanks! What better way to start a workday in New Zealand than go to a DG concert in Verona.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

Hi! Anybody wrote down the setlist for Verona so far (and would care to paste it here)? Thanks in advance!
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

mastaflatch wrote:Hi! Anybody wrote down the setlist for Verona so far (and would care to paste it here)? Thanks in advance!
Exactly the same thing than the other 2.

From what I've seen it's by far his best performance much more consistent than Brighton and Pula.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

Kewl! Thanks!
Kiwi68
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Kiwi68 »

I hope he mixes up the setlist a bit more in London. I can't wait to see him for the first time, but ideally I won't see exactly the same show two nights in a row. Still not much to complain about really.