David Gilmour new London dates?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
metanoia
Embryo
Embryo

Re: David Gilmour new London dates?

Post by metanoia »

Well if you are on the mailing list for Davidgilmour.com you should have got an email today with a new presale code for today which is live now until 4pm
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

metanoia wrote:Well if you are on the mailing list for Davidgilmour.com you should have got an email today with a new presale code for today which is live now until 4pm

Got that about an hour ago too
61GT
Embryo
Embryo

Post by 61GT »

Hope this is not against forum rules but if someone could pm me the new code it would be much appreciated.

Thanks George (genuine long-standing Floyd/Waters/Gilmour fan)
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

kjek1 wrote:the presale code is for people who have been regular contributors on his website and blog over the last 10 years. The guy who runs it is already talking of doing away with presales because people have already been caught emailing and posting up the codes for their mates. It's a bit of a selfish thing to do, especially after the guy made it pretty clear they were to be kept to the people who received them. Already a load of folk flooding the guy with messages looking for codes with literally their first post on his blog!

everton1690, by passing the code about your potentially denying his blog regulars their chances to get good seats man and at the same ruining any chance of future presales for the diehards which means touts will buy up more of the best tickets.

Anyway, I will be there on his first gig on the 25th, front row, centre <ii>

I got a presale code email today and I only joined a few months back when I found out he was going to do a show in Poland. I was hoping I could get straight onto that one by joining. You may recall that I was whinging earlier in the year once I found out it was a Pink Floyd farewell tour and not a Gilmour tour with a couple of Floyd songs thrown in. So I hadn't bought any tickets when I had the opportunity. I'm a happy bunny now though. <ii>
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

everton1690 wrote:
kjek1 wrote:the presale code is for people who have been regular contributors on his website and blog over the last 10 years. The guy who runs it is already talking of doing away with presales because people have already been caught emailing and posting up the codes for their mates. It's a bit of a selfish thing to do, especially after the guy made it pretty clear they were to be kept to the people who received them. Already a load of folk flooding the guy with messages looking for codes with literally their first post on his blog!

everton1690, by passing the code about your potentially denying his blog regulars their chances to get good seats man and at the same ruining any chance of future presales for the diehards which means touts will buy up more of the best tickets.

Think you'll find pal the people I got tickets for including myself have followed PF DG RW around the world on every tour that's been done since 87s kaos

So we mustn't be diehards eh the amount of cash we must of spent

And if you weren't at Brighton or any of the other Albert hall shows in sept, you'll find that there were no touts about due to the arrangements in place

So cut the shit eh with your accusations
I don't give a shit. You broke the rules in place potentially fucking it up for the rest of us in future, oh and tickets were changing hands outside the Royal Albert Hall right up until the last minute with minimal checks done on the way in, i know because I was there. And the security checks won't stop touts from buying the tickets and then selling them to fans who are willing to take a chance on getting in anyway

The code was in place to be sent out to blog regulars first, by passing it on you end up with what happened last time which is that it continues to get passed on before it's all over forums and twitter and what not and fans end up being denied their opportunity whilst more casual fans snap up the tickets.

I'm not accusing you so much as telling you that you're jeopardizing the chances of future presales. It seems a tad unfair for other people to end up missing out because a few couldn't abide by the rules for the 'bloggers presale'
Last edited by kjek1 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

milesalbert wrote:Shucks how could you deny the blog regulars from the cream of the crop.Surely the ones with the most time on their hands should get first dibs on the tickets. Like if i didnt work my balls from dawn to dusk maybe i could waste my life talking Gilmour all day long. Yawn. These tickets should be made available for all. Not just the chosen few.
You don't need to talk Gilmour all day wrong, you just have to have made a reasonable contribution over a 10 year period. I don't spend a lot of time on it, but over 10 years I've made a decent contribution to it, so it's not about having the most time on your hands. Obviously the condescending tone is just sour grapes.

It's a nice way of assuring that some of the best tickets go to the more dedicated fans rather than being bought up by casual fans with others potentially missing out. Common sense really.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

oh crikey. I understand how some of you might be miffed when the purpose of something is defeated. I can't but feel a little bit left out myself, as I kind of missed this thread, haven't googled, and didn't think the tickets for next year would go on sale so soon.
We went all out to see him in September 2015 in 3 different countries because we're big fans of course, but because we thought that was it. Then North America came and we signed up as well because we're musicians so we go to concerts often and of all the concerts I'd like to go to ever, PF/DG are right at the top. Now, I don't know that I can commit to going next year, though we love London too. Plus, we missed the presale. Last time, we lucked out getting a VIP ticket through the website after sales went live (roughly 3-4AM over here, 2 computers, 2 IP addresses in bed lol), and while we thoroughly enjoyed our experience, were somewhat disappointed to meet a fan who got his ticket the week prior, and it was front row. He spent the concert next to Polly and recognised DG's children etc. He said he'd been to over 50 concerts at the Hall, and that Gilmour's management handles the 'sold-out' thing a bit differently, and that really good tickets are left for grabs closer to the show. While I can't attest to any of that, I have no reason to believe he was lying (he was from Spain and I got the story in his native language), and he had a front row or near front row ticket that he purchased a week prior. He was also fairly in the know about where to hang around (for as long as they let you) to get autographs, and thanks to that we managed to meet a few band members, and to later see DG/Polly leaving the building in their car.
So what am I on about? well, not much because I don't have a code, and I have sometime before general sales go live to ponder whether I will take the plunge (beach trip for NYE, DG LA trip in March and generally not a good time of the year to commit; though my 15-25 year old self always said we'd sell ourselves if we had to..).

happy ticketing all, btw VIP tickets were DA BOMB. they include drinks and fairly generous appies (pulled pork sandwiches etc though of course we're vegan) before the show and during the intermission, plus access to semi private washrooms (no long queue).
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

That's crazy. I saw lots of tickets changing hands outside the Albert Hall.

I hope people know there was another presale code sent out to everyone who signed up to his newsletter today anyway.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

There are a lot of fans who are very passionate about David's music who don't have the time to hang out on a blog site for ten years where David doesn't post. :shock: It is great the code went out in his general newsletter today. 8)
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Keith you seem like a very reasonable person, but nobody really hangs out, I worked full time for a number of years and now study full time and still work, I don't get much free time at all but I still have a couple of minutes to post every now and then, and I'm talking 1 or 2 posts every few months.

It's just a bit of an insulting thing to say, I mean you guys spend a lot longer on here than I've ever spent on his blog, so there's not really much excuse, it's sour grapes I think because let's be honest the implication seems to be that folk over there have too much time on their hands while in reality they probably spend less time than you lot do on here. I mean David isn't usually very active at all so there's not normally much going on over there.

It's not a perfect system, there'll be really passionate fans who've never been on on any floyd forum or floyd related site, so it's not perfect, but that's the way they decided to do it.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

kjek1 wrote:

Think you'll find pal the people I got tickets for including myself have followed PF DG RW around the world on every tour that's been done since 87s kaos

So we mustn't be diehards eh the amount of cash we must of spent

And if you weren't at Brighton or any of the other Albert hall shows in sept, you'll find that there were no touts about due to the arrangements in place

So cut the shit eh with your accusations
I don't give a shit. You broke the rules in place potentially fucking it up for the rest of us in future, oh and tickets were changing hands outside the Royal Albert Hall right up until the last minute with minimal checks done on the way in, i know because I was there. And the security checks won't stop touts from buying the tickets and then selling them to fans who are willing to take a chance on getting in anyway

The code was in place to be sent out to blog regulars first, by passing it on you end up with what happened last time which is that it continues to get passed on before it's all over forums and twitter and what not and fans end up being denied their opportunity whilst more casual fans snap up the tickets.

I'm not accusing you so much as telling you that you're jeopardizing the chances of future presales. It seems a tad unfair for other people to end up missing out because a few couldn't abide by the rules for the 'bloggers presale'[/quote]

Jeez! All this over who posts where, what and to whom. Listen, I too have spent many a fortune over the years, traveling around Europe in the 80's, buying re-released this and that, merchandise, etc..etc.., and I resent your standpoint that 'as a contributor to a blog for 10 years' makes you in any way, shape or form, more deserving of a chance of a ticket.

I shit on your parade, sir. Oh, enjoy your front row seats, btw. :-)
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

kjek1 wrote:That's crazy. I saw lots of tickets changing hands outside the Albert Hall.

I hope people know there was another presale code sent out to everyone who signed up to his newsletter today anyway.
They still had to adhere to the entry conditions, and that is that the lead booker HAD to attend the gig. They weren't just selling tickets willy-nilly.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

ddebil wrote: Jeez! All this over who posts where, what and to whom. Listen, I too have spent many a fortune over the years, traveling around Europe in the 80's, buying re-released this and that, merchandise, etc..etc.., and I resent your standpoint that 'as a contributor to a blog for 10 years' makes you in any way, shape or form, more deserving of a chance of a ticket.

I didn't make the rules, I also said it wasn't a perfect system. enjoy your sour grapes and happy wanking over your merchandise :)
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

I got a presale code e-mailed to me yesterday for David's NYC Radio Music Hall show. Didn't matter though couldn't get through. Kept saying no tix available. Same with today's general sale. I've only been on the mailing list for about a year. Ticket brokers must be having a hey day with David's shows!! I don't think it matters if you've been a fan for 50 years or 50 days. All his tix seem to be like luck of the draw. I managed to score tickets to his Chicago 4/4/16 show & it took me a good six hours. Thank God I was off that day. Maybe this thread should be renamed tickmaster sucks! :lol:
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

kjek1 wrote:
ddebil wrote: Jeez! All this over who posts where, what and to whom. Listen, I too have spent many a fortune over the years, traveling around Europe in the 80's, buying re-released this and that, merchandise, etc..etc.., and I resent your standpoint that 'as a contributor to a blog for 10 years' makes you in any way, shape or form, more deserving of a chance of a ticket.

I didn't make the rules, I also said it wasn't a perfect system. enjoy your sour grapes and happy wanking over your merchandise :)
Aw...seems the sour grapes are coming from your direction, as your hard-earned reward for such dedication is being shared amongst the unworthy. :-)
As for front row - been there, but prefer a little further back to soak up the 'whole'.
Still, you never know, David might recognise you for your invaluable contributions over the last decade. lol.