Roger In Cork 29th June

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
radiowaves

Roger In Cork 29th June

Post by radiowaves »

Help!!!!! i bought my ticket for this show today. and guess what. 3 mates of mine said they can't make it because they have a weddding on the next day. so they're not going. now i'm stuck on my own with one ticket for an overnight stay in cork. i can get free accomodation in the local army barracks, so theres no problem there. but i dont want to stay in a barracks because im in the irish army and i know what the accommodation is like. a B and B is no problem, but its attending the concert on my own im fucked up about.

so, as madonna once said. im desperatly seeking susan.

argghhhhhhh!!!!!!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I'll be there as well. Are you sitting or standing?
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

standing, mate. i phoned a friend thats in the army with me just now. he's the guy thats going to see the aussie floyd with me on saturday. he told me he is interested in going, but will give me an answer by saturday. ive me fingers crossed.

thanks man. i hope to see you there. maybe we can fix something up and shake hands. id be delighted to meet anyone from the board.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Ah, I'm standing as well! I'll try and wear something non-Pink Floyd related to slightly increase the chance of being recognsied. A Seditionaries shirt will do, right? :lol:

It will if I want Roger Waters to spit on me!
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

right. im trying to think what i have to wear. straight legged jeans. skinhead (no.2), maybe a pair of doc shoes, a jacket, and hopefully either a 'god save the queen' t shirt, a tie die black/bleach t shirt, a battleship grey addidas t shirt, or a black and white guinness/ ireland rugby shirt :D :D :D :D . is that clearly noticable?????

oh! and yes. either a pair of round rimmed spectacles, or a pair of round rimmed sunglasses (prescription)...depending on the weather (and the guinnesss)

hope to see you there mate 8)
cheapfilm
Axe
Axe

Post by cheapfilm »

I just got my tickets.. never been to Ireland.. should be a blast..

chris in la..
Floydian Slip
Axe
Axe

Can I join in?

Post by Floydian Slip »

Hey folks

I'm going along too but my brother can't make it so I'm going on my own.

Do you any you guys fancy meeting up before the show for a wee drop o' the black stuff?

I've also got a spare ticket going if anyone's interested?
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

theres a lot of pubs in cork city. i can get a few to visit from lads i work with tha come from cork. im getting a few balck stuffs in before i go in, and afterwards hope to have a ball. im coming down from dublin at about 12 pm. so hoipefully we can meet up somewher. if i get the name of a pub that is worth visiting, i can pm you and set a time to meet up.

sonds like a blast :D :D
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Scotts Bar in Oliver Plunkett Street is nice for some daytime drinking and some bar grub. Lovely creamy Murphy's in there .... mmmmmmm creamy murphy's ..

I don't know what time Im setting off from Dublin at , but once I get there, book into the Hotel , have a :smt033 ... I shall be haeding out for some pre-show drinks 8)
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

i live on the northside of dublin, mate. are you leaving from heuston station. ? because thats where im coming from. pm me.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Nah man , Im a misplaced Southsider (ex-Ringsend) now living in Celbridge - Im driving down with a buddy (well I think he's driving and Im in charge of the car stereo - or vice versa - still to be ironed out :wink: ).
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

ok........hope to see you there, mate. i'm in cabra. north side.
henno

Post by henno »

ye, as wiped said....

this area of ireland is not guiness terrority, here you drink 'Murphys Irish stout', creamy and dark, smooth and refined, uummmmm....

we should all set a time and place to meet up in the city before heading out to the show grounds...

see ye there..
Floydian Slip
Axe
Axe

Post by Floydian Slip »

henno wrote:ye, as wiped said....

this area of ireland is not guiness terrority, here you drink 'Murphys Irish stout', creamy and dark, smooth and refined, uummmmm....
I'm sure that'll do the trick just as well!

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

And the gig of course...
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

So there should be at least 7 of us there - does anyone know cork well enough to recomend a bar where we can all meet?