Roger In Cork 29th June

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

i only know henry's bar in cork city. i'm a soldier, and i can drink anywhere.... :D
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

radiowaves wrote: i'm in cabra. north side.
It's OK we won't hold that against ya :wink:
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Scotts Bar is opposite the enterance to Cyprus Avenue ... Corks answer to Whelans .... good little music venue ....

http://www.cyprusavenue.ie/
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

wiped wrote:
radiowaves wrote: i'm in cabra. north side.
It's OK we won't hold that against ya :wink:

oh you swine. i thought Floyd fans transcend all international boundaries :D

and i was born in donnybrook, dublin 4. so i wont hold ringsend against you lol :P
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

radiowaves wrote: and i was born in donnybrook, dublin 4. so i wont hold ringsend against you lol :P
I don't believe you .... if you were born in Donnybrook surely Rush would be your favourite band , nearly everybody I knew / went to school with from Donnybrook was a Rush fanatic .... at one stage growing up I thought Rush were from f**kin Beech Hill :wink:
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

hahahahaha. i was born in Beech Hill. facing the old golf course, behind the bus station. i lived there until i was four. then we had to move coz me dad got a job on the northside. we moved to Ballymun (not a word) where i was introduced to simon and garfunkel, pink floyd, and punk, in that order. :D
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Now I know you're lying ... Simon and Garfunkle ... popular in Ballymun ... unheard of :wink:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I know Rog is the poor relation on this site regards coverage of his forthcoming tour but a ticket for Cork was going for over ?200 on ebay
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

drafsack wrote:I know Rog is the poor relation on this site regards coverage of his forthcoming tour but a ticket for Cork was going for over ?200 on ebay
can't understand that, becuse thereis still plenty of tickets available in the ticketmaster outlets in dublin :?
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

As far as I know there are no seating tickets left for Cork .... only general admission
henno

Post by henno »

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi? ... 000&icon=x

above is a link to a map of cork, the small green 'square' in an ellipse is 'Pairc Ui caoimh' ('park E queeve' for our sassnach bretheren).
the venue is a temporary marqee behind this stadium, it will hold above 5000 making it the smallest (and most intimate) of all the venues roger will be playing on this tour. its about a 30 min walk from the city centre, or you can get a no 2 bus out to within 5 mins of it, there may be special buses during the festival period!

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatingchart/197770/10828
this is a seating chart for you!!..

remember all, this is Rory Gallagher country, so come all with flanel shrts and floppy curled hair!! :D :D get ready to drink murphys, get ready to be called a 'langer', and get ready for a very special experience!!
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

henno wrote: remember all, this is Rory Gallagher country, so come all with flanel shrts and floppy curled hair!! :D :D get ready to drink murphys, get ready to be called a 'langer', and get ready for a very special experience!!
:lol: .. ain't that the truth ...
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

wiped wrote:
henno wrote: remember all, this is Rory Gallagher country, so come all with flanel shrts and floppy curled hair!! :D :D get ready to drink murphys, get ready to be called a 'langer', and get ready for a very special experience!!
:lol: .. ain't that the truth ...

Ahem.......I seen Rory at the Central Bank open air free concert in Dublin 1990. coooool 8)
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

I walked in to town to watch a bit of that meself that night ..... stupidly packed
danlynch
Embryo
Embryo

Post by danlynch »

I went ahead and purchased a ticket to the Cork show back the day they went on sale. I still don't have airfare or lodging, and there's a chance I won't be able to afford to do the trip after all. At this point, I'm still quite hoping to go.
Cork was the city my grandfather departed from on his journey to the US 94 years ago. It would be sort of like another homecoming for me (went to Ireland in 1995).