Roger on ITV

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I recorded this onto DVD but, for some reason, I dont know what to do with it now!! It needs editing as there is loads of crap at either side of the roger waters part of the news.

Could someone please suggest some software I could get hold of to do this or perhaps volunteer your services if in the UK and I will post the raw disc to you??
Zoophobia
Axe
Axe

Post by Zoophobia »

Hi Keith I use InterVideo DVDCoy4 it cuts DVD's into chapters and with would give you your news story. I live in the US the only way I can help is if you put it on your torrent and I DL it and edit it and uplaod it to torrent.

I would be happy to what format does it have to be if it is on torrent I don't think you allow Divx.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It might be best for me to edit it muself to save both our bandwidths!!

I can downlaod a 14 day trial of InterVideo DVD Copy 5 here....

http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/InterVide ... wnload.jsp

I will have a go later on this evening and hopefully finally get something up on the tracker and perhaps a WMV as well.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Keith, the quick fix solution would be to rip it using DVD Shrink, go here if you dont already have it...

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video ... shrink.cfm

Once you've set up the programme and started it pop your DVD in, click on ''Open Disc'' and select your Waters DVD, wait a minute or 2 for the disc to be analyzed, once its done that click on ''Re-author'', drag the title file that you see in the right hand column across to the left hand column, you should see just above the left hand column a button that has 2 arrows pointing in opposite directions, click on that and it will allow you to select the start and finish points of the DVD file you are a bout to rip, once you've set them to the beginning and end of the Waters section click OK then click ''back up'' and save to where you like and voila! just the Waters section ripped to the hard-drive in DVD format.

Note: DVD shrink is usually used to compress DVD9's to fit on DVD5's but as you probably recorded on a DVD5 anyway the clip quality will remain at 100% and be just as good as your recording.

The whole process should only take about 10 minutes depending on your PC speed. If you get stuck give us a shout.
Meneer Jansen
Knife
Knife

Post by Meneer Jansen »

Was it only an interview with Waters? How long did it last? Will it be on the Torrent tracker? :)
Zoophobia
Axe
Axe

Post by Zoophobia »

Yep SDP that program sounds good too! Thanks for helping looking forward to the wmv file or torrent.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Thanks Stu. I tried that first. I am having trouble with it though. It keeps saying unrecognised navigation structure!!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Keith Jordan wrote:Thanks Stu. I tried that first. I am having trouble with it though. It keeps saying unrecognised navigation structure!!
Ah, Ive had that before, you shouldnt have got it from a straight TV to DVD recording tho, first time I've seen that. Theres 2 options around it.

Firstly, open up DVD shrink then click ''reauthor'' first then select the DVD from the column on the right, then drag and drop the file to the left column from there, it'll analyze it then and hopefully be OK.

If that doesnt work you might need to rip the whole thing first using ''DVD decryptor'', then open DVD shrink and follow the steps I gave you initially but instead of clickoing on ''Open Disc'' click on ''Open Files'' then browse to where you saved the DVD and then just follow the rest of the steps originally given.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

simpledumbpilot wrote:If that doesnt work you might need to rip the whole thing first using ''DVD decryptor'', then open DVD shrink and follow the steps I gave you initially but instead of clickoing on ''Open Disc'' click on ''Open Files'' then browse to where you saved the DVD and then just follow the rest of the steps originally given.
Could you possibly zip DVD decryptor up for me and email it across? It seems not to be available no more!

Edit - I got it now from http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The interview split itself over two VOBs as the first reached 1GB and thus a new one started. Fair enough. I can import the first one with audio and video into WinDVD Creator 3. It is just the last VOB with the last 15 seconds of the feature on wont import with audio for some reason. I can play it in a separate DVD player with the audio from the file I am importing (not a copy of it) but the damn thing wont import with audio!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Keith, how did you get the DVD files on to your PC? did you use a ripping programme?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Keith, how did you get the DVD files on to your PC? did you use a ripping programme?
I first tried DYD Decryptor to save the whole disc to my PC, then I tried copying the file over which would not import with its audio. I swear to god.... the heat here at home is 29degrees celcius and I am getting damn annoyed at this stupid FUCKING VOB!!!!!!! Argghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

I have been doing this for nearly an hour and a half now and i have learnt nothing. What a fucking waste!!!!

:lol:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

What were you trying to copy the file over into, DVD shrink? you shouldnt have any problems with that once youve ripped it with DVD Decryptor, if youre still getting the invalid structure warning you could re-rip it with DVD decryptor but before you do the actual ripping go to ''edit'' and then click on ''select main movie files'', once youve ripped that you should have no problems importing the video into DVD shrink, should only take about 10 minutes or so. If you get really pissed off with it you could always pop it in the post to me and I'll sort it for you.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

What does the yellow warning sign mean? Could this have something to do with it??

I am currently ripping the DVD with DVD Decryptor to then DVD Shrink it.

I 22:03:08 DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.4.0 started!
I 22:03:08 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
I 22:03:08 Initialising SPTI...
I 22:03:08 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 22:03:08 Found 1 DVD-RAM/?RW!
I 22:03:21 Operation Started!
I 22:03:21 Source Device: [1:0:0] MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-820S 1.50 (D:) (ATA)
I 22:03:21 Source Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-W11-01)
I 22:03:21 Source Media Region Code: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
I 22:03:21 Source Media Copyright Protection System Type: None
I 22:03:21 Source Media Application Identifier: LVW5001VR
I 22:03:21 Source Media Implementation Identifier: LiteOnIT
I 22:03:21 Destination Folder: C:\DVD_VR\VIDEO_TS\
I 22:03:21 File Splitting: By File
I 22:03:21 Detect Mastering Errors: No
I 22:03:21 Multi Angle Processing: No
I 22:03:21 Remove Macrovision Protection: Yes
I 22:03:21 Stream Processing: No
I 22:03:21 Copying VIDEO_TS.IFO... (LBA: 7168 - 7173) - KEY: N/A
I 22:03:21 Copying VIDEO_TS.VOB... (LBA: 8192 - 8271) - KEY: N/A
I 22:03:21 Copying VIDEO_TS.BUP... (LBA: 14848 - 14853) - KEY: N/A
I 22:03:22 Copying VTS_01_0.IFO... (LBA: 15360 - 15376) - KEY: N/A
I 22:03:22 Copying VTS_01_1.VOB... (LBA: 16384 - 540670) - KEY: N/A
I 22:09:30 Copying VTS_01_2.VOB... (LBA: 540671 - 1064957) - KEY: N/A
W 22:10:07 Sector 603980 - Pack Header Not Found (0x00000000)
W 22:10:07 Sector 603981 - Pack Header Not Found (0x00000000)
W 22:10:07 Sector 603982 - Pack Header Not Found (0x00000000)
W 22:10:07 Sector 603983 - Pack Header Not Found (0x00000000)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Hmm, ''Pack Header Not Found'' is fairly common with certain encrypted files for anti-piracy, is there any chance your DVD recorder added an encryption when finalising the disc? perhaps something in the settings of the actual recorder itself? it might be worth installing AnyDVD, you can get a free trial version here...

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

DVD Decryptor should still finish ripping the disc tho despite the warning, do you still have that DVD2MPEG programme, you could convert the vobs to MPEG2 in that and then trim the mpeg using TMPEGEnc but you really shouldnt need to do all that.