New Album???

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Lady_Pink_Floyd
Embryo
Embryo

New Album???

Post by Lady_Pink_Floyd »

Is there any information regarding a new album of Roger's?
I hope there will be one...it's been so long since he's had one.
I checked his site and the internet and there wasn't much info.
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

Do you mean besides 2005's Ca Ira? Because that's considered a major solo album for him.
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

If I recall correctly, he has said he is working on two albums, a political one and a love-themed one. I think Brain Damage has guestimated release dates for some time next year (followed by two big question marks!).
Lady_Pink_Floyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Lady_Pink_Floyd »

Ya, I have Ci Ara so I wasn't talking about that...I know that it is a solo album but I meant more of a rock solo album....I thought that it meant that he's bringing a rock album out too, that's all. Maybe we'll be waiting another few years, LOL....Cuz this rumour has been going on for a while now.
Just gotta learnt to be patient.
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Post by carefule eugene »

Pat Albertson wrote:If I recall correctly, he has said he is working on two albums, a political one and a love-themed one. I think Brain Damage has guestimated release dates for some time next year (followed by two big question marks!).
:?

I had always understand a classic album (?a ira) and a rock album. Never heard of a political and a love - themed one.

By the way the few new songs we know are all political inspired:
Leaving Beirut - To Kill The Child - Each Small Candle - Flickering Flame
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Both the politically themed and love themed albums are supposeedly going to be rock releases. The working title of the political album is "Heartland", and I think it involves the story of a muslim immigrant taxi driver in the US. No details about the love album which currently has no title. These rumours (which I hope are true) are from a Roger interview on Brain Damage.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

theres various fragments of rumours compiled here
somebody uploaded a lo-fi *.wma file of the 2002 soundcheck song known as "Woman" on col T's forum the other day
does anybody have a nicer lossless version they could share?
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

Pat Albertson wrote:Both the politically themed and love themed albums are supposeedly going to be rock releases. The working title of the political album is "Heartland", and I think it involves the story of a muslim immigrant taxi driver in the US. No details about the love album which currently has no title.
I've read in Mojo Classics that it was about a croatian taxi driver in NY. Me being a croat, it seems very interesting, but also an idea about a muslim seems very interesting too.
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Yeah, Croatian taxi driver in NY, that was what it was (I was going from memory on that earlier post). Roger might have completely rewritten it by now anyway.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Hey, maybe he's actually working on KAOS2 and we'll finally see Going To Live In L.A., Get Back To Radio, and Molly's Song in action. It's been, what, 20 years since Jim Ladd spilled the beans?
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Quite incredible really to think that someone with such an opinionated outlook on music has taken so far 14 years to record a follow up to his last 'rock' album, maybe he has been short on ideas the last 14 years or has lost the drive to do it.
I still think the biggest reason is he felt insulted by the industry at the time and felt they didn't deserve anything else from him seeing as Amused to Death should have done so much better than it did.
Afterall, Our Rog isn't one not to throw his toys out of the pram when things don't go his way.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Well, let's take a look at his schedule over the 90s:

1992-1993: In treatment for chronic depression (SHOCKING)
1994: Hiding; doesn't want to be crushed by the DryFloyd (remember KAOS)
1995-1998: Making sure the DryFloyd doesn't resurface
1999: On Tour
2000: On Tour
2001: Recording Knocking On Heaven's Door, Flickering Flame, preparing ITF:L, FF
2002: On Tour
2003: Break, Ca Ira
2004: Ca Ira, To Kill The Child
2005: Leaving Beirut, Ca Ira, Live 8

He's not exactly as hard a worker on solo albums as, say, Paul McCartney, but but he's getting stuff done. Slowly. At least he's not entirely MIA all the time (Rick), crazy/retired/dead (Syd), spontaneous and of varying quality (Dave), or incapable of a solo career EVER (Nick).

I just wonder why he hasn't placated his solo fans (then again, he probably doesn't know they exist) by releasing a rarities compilation (he's done enough stray songs between 1986 and now to fill an album), some live material from the 80s, and maybe writing a book.
closer
Axe
Axe

Post by closer »

I have listened a 2002's demo song named 'A Woman'. Quite a good mellow tune.

I think he will develop this song for his new album. I think it will be for love theme album.
Demolition Man
Knife
Knife

Post by Demolition Man »

closer wrote:I have listened a 2002's demo song named 'A Woman'. Quite a good mellow tune.
Where can one find this? Inquiring minds want to know.... :D
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

someone uploaded this SHN at Cols forum a couple days ago
its not a demo, its a song Roger played during a soundcheck in Spain in 2002
presumably the date in the files name (2002-05-08 )
I think it must originally be sourced from this boot, never heard of it before I searched for more info just now

if this megaupload thingie doesnt work let me know, its the 1st time I tried to use it