Where to post this question?...Roger's site or David's site

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Where to post this question?...Roger's site or David's site

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

While at Roger's concert a few days ago, someone who was not sitting too far from me mentioned that David may do another tour in the US in the near future. Anyone hear anything about that???
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Wouldn't surprise me at all. His last US tour was very limited in scope, and Roger Waters had to have yanked ticket sales away from him (That's just an assumption, though), but he does seem to tour and perform more, regradless of what he says.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

That and im sure after seeing Roger's success in bringing in crowds probably would influence David into doing another tour (hopefully with more venues...please David, dont make me drive 1600 miles to go see you!)
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

nemesis11f wrote:...Roger Waters had to have yanked ticket sales away from him .
this seems unlikely considering the size of and number of venues Dave chose to play
did any of his shows not sell out?
did any not sell out within hours of going on sale?
didnt Rogers tickets go on sale after Daves tour was mostly done?

it seems to me more like people who couldnt get tickets to see Dave consoled themselves by buying tickets to see Roger
Evilio
Axe
Axe

Post by Evilio »

It annoys me so much when people complain about how the various members of Floyd (or any other classic band for that number) don't play enough dates in America or Europe, and how far they have to travel within their own country to see the concerts...try living in Australia where travel isn't even an option, unless you want to see a tribute band (which wether they sound good or not is beside the point, it isn't the real thing).

EDIT: Sorry, just bit of a rant...
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

J Ed wrote:
nemesis11f wrote:...Roger Waters had to have yanked ticket sales away from him .
this seems unlikely considering the size of and number of venues Dave chose to play
did any of his shows not sell out?
did any not sell out within hours of going on sale?
didnt Rogers tickets go on sale after Daves tour was mostly done?

it seems to me more like people who couldnt get tickets to see Dave consoled themselves by buying tickets to see Roger
I'm definitely still crushed that Dave didn't quite make it to see me, this time 'round... and yes, getting tickets to Roger's show(s) is helping to ease the pain... but there's no way in hell I would miss either of them, if they were in town... Roger is certainly not a consolation prize- He's the icing on the cake...