New Waters Song: Hello (I love you) - From "The Last Mi

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

TheHumanDriveInHiFi wrote:this makes me not like roger even more

i mean come ON!!!!! there is only ONE!!!! Hello I Love You and that is THE DOORS

even if it has nothing to do with it, its the same damn name
Nobody seemed to have a problem with Grand Funk, Dionne Warwick, Pat Benatar, Pink, Michael Jackson and that British Group Led Zeppelin all having a song called Heartbreaker. :D sorry..... I think ya just don't like Rog.... :D
Last edited by ironbaden on Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jascierto
Blade
Blade

Post by Jascierto »

Here's some more info on the song:

Legendary musician Roger Waters has recorded the original song "Hello (I Love You)" to be featured in New Line Cinema's upcoming sci-fi film "The Last Mimzy" (to be released nationwide on March 23rd). Waters collaborated with Academy Award-winning composer Howard Shore ("The Lord of the Rings" trilogy) and Grammy Award-winning Pink Floyd producer James Guthrie ("The Wall") on the song, which marks only the second time Waters has ever recorded an original song specifically for a motion picture.

"It has been great collaborating with (director) Bob Shaye and Howard Shore on 'The Last Mimzy,'" says Waters. "I think together we've come up with a song that captures the themes of the movie, the clash between humanity's best and worst instincts, and how a child's innocence can win the day."

Shaye adds, "It's an honor to have a huge talent like Roger Waters contribute a song to 'The Last Mimzy.'"

A warm, midtempo song inspired by the film's theme of the delicate balance between ecology and technology, "Hello (I Love You)" will be featured in the film and will run over the end credits. The six and a half minute song will be available on New Line Records' official soundtrack for "The Last Mimzy," which is scheduled for a spring release.

"Hello (I Love You)" was co-written by Waters and Shore, co-produced and engineered by Waters, Shore and Guthrie, and executive produced by New Line Cinema's President of Music Paul Broucek. The song was performed by an A-list team of musicians including drummer Steve Gadd (Eric Clapton, Paul Simon, Steely Dan), guitarist Gerry Leonard (music director/guitarist for David Bowie), and Waters on bass and vocals. Additionally, "The Last Mimzy's" 6-year-old star Rhiannon Leigh Wryn appears on the track, singing along with Waters on the song's chorus.

Globally renowned as founder member, lyricist and principal composer of legendary rock band Pink Floyd, Waters has also had a successful solo career and masterminded one of the largest concerts ever -- The Wall Concert in Berlin in 1990. Waters is a member of the U.S. and UK Rock and Roll Halls of Fame, and in 2005 released the opera album "Ca Ira," which reached #1 on both the U.S. and UK Classical charts. This marks only the second time that Waters has ever penned an original song for a film, the first being "Lost Boys Calling" in the 1998 drama "The Legend of the Pianist on the Ocean," coincidentally distributed by New Line.

Guthrie served as producer and studio engineer on a number of Pink Floyd and Waters' solo albums starting with "The Wall" in 1979. He was also responsible for the sound at the live performances of "The Wall." He remastered "Dark Side of the Moon" for the 20th Anniversary Edition CD and produced Waters' 2000 live album "In The Flesh" and the Pink Floyd compilation "Echoes."

Shore is among the most respected, honored and active film composers and music conductors at work today. He has won multiple Academy Awards and Grammys for his work scoring such films as "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, "The Aviator," "The Silence of the Lambs," "Philadelphia," and New Line's "Seven," among others.

Based on the acclaimed sci-fi short story by Lewis Padgett, "The Last Mimzy" tells the story of two children who discover a mysterious box that contains some strange devices they think are toys.

"The Last Mimzy" features an ensemble cast that includes Timothy Hutton ("Ordinary People," "General's Daughter"), Joely Richardson ("The Patriot," "Nip/Tuck"), and Rainn Wilson ("The Office"). It is produced by Michael Phillips ("The Sting," "Close Encounters of the Third Kind") and directed by Bob Shaye (executive producer of, among other films, "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy). Shaye is also founder, Co-Chairman, and Co-CEO of New Line Cinema.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I just checked this to make sure, but what everyone's overlooking is this:

The Door song is called "Hello, I Love You."

The Roger Waters song is called "Hello (I Love You.)"

Now, here's where people throw accusations of being anal at me, but...shut up for a second and let me finish:

By using the parenthesis, Waters' song suggests that there could actually be TWO titles for the song. You could simply call it "Hello," in which case I'd better be hearing someone stand up for Lionel Richie pretty damned quick...and Poe...and twice to Talk Show (for their song "Hello, Hello.")

Or, you could refer to the song as "I Love You," in which case Climax Blues Band should have a few mea culpa's thrown their way.

This is not the first time Roger has used this kind of title in this manner. Each song on TPACOHH has two titles; the alternate title is in parenthesis.

Perhaps "Hello" is the key idea of the verse and "I Love You" the key idea of the chorus (or vice versa) and that's why the song has two titles.

Either way, The Doors song and Roger's new song actually have very different titles.
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Right on Mossy..... and...... even if they were both called Hello, I love you or Hello ( I love you ) .... as far as the research I've done...Song Titles cannot be copywritten.... :D
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

TheHumanDriveInHiFi wrote:
Sam (the supposed narrow penis guy)
Hahhahah!

I'm not insulting you; if you can't understand my sense of humor that's your own fault :wink:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

:smt026 yippee another album for me to buy so I can hear one song!
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

well, TheHumanDriveInHiFi, go into napster or whatever you use and type in Wish You Were Here and see how many hits you get. There are a lot of song names that are used quite often, and some are just as good as the others. you have to give the song a chance before you go around boycotting it.

i did instantly think of the doors however, and it does feel weird that there is another "Hello (I Love You)" in the works, but i cant wait for it! Its from the musical genius himself Roger Waters!
lovescene4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by lovescene4 »

One of my favorite Duke Ellington tunes is "Blue Light" (1938), the same title Gilmour used in 1984...

Sara Martin recorded a song called "Jug Band Blues" in 1924. At least Syd changed the title to "Jugband Blues."

:lol:
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

The Gunner's Dream wrote: You're a fool with a very narrow mind, and probably a narrower penis.
:o how rude.... and people want to bitch about me and my remarks to people here... :roll:
atleast when i talk shit i have good reason, and its not an unprovoked attack on someone for what they think...
and for the record, i saw the title and first thought was a doors cover... now i see it is not a cover, i am dissapointed.
now i shall give gunner a reason to talk about my penis, since he seems taken by penis size...
Roger Waters solo music is of no interest to me...perhaps becouse i acustomed to his Floyd work and he is "the creative genius of floyd" to me 99% of his solo work falls way short of being worthy of my $15 :P
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

jedi with crazy diamonds wrote: now i shall give gunner a reason to talk about my penis, since he seems taken by penis size...
lol i've already stated that it was a joke :lol:

but more than anything it was a reference to mossy's statement that "metal bands play fast to compensate for their tiny penises" which i found amusing. Maybe a little off topic but oh well...

I actually thought people would take it as a joke...i mean really, who could be serious saying a thing like that? :roll:

maybe floyd fans just have no sense of humor...
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

This is probably the most uncharacteristic Waters song title since "Give Birth To A Smile". I'm looking forward to it.

I wonder if this and Woman (or, if this isn't Woman) will actually appear on the "Pros/Cons Sequel" album. If not, Rog now has far more than enough very good single/soundtrack-only songs to fill a great rarities collection and raise the dough for a vocal cord transplant.
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

Just getting back to the Roger vs The Doors song title debate for a moment, didn't The Doors rip off The Kinks' "All Day And All Of The Night" for their "Hello, I Love You"? Of course that doesn't stop me from thinking both those tracks regardless.

In the same way, if Roger's song is good lyrically (very likely) and musically (a bit less likley), that will be good enough for me, regardless of what the title may be.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

The Gunner's Dream wrote: "metal bands play fast to compensate for their tiny penises" which i found amusing. Maybe a little off topic but oh well...
:lol: :lol:
i saw that on VH1....
Heartland
Axe
Axe

Post by Heartland »

TheHumanDriveInHiFi wrote:wow great comeback ( i didnt know penis size was a huge deal here at NPF)
What, didn't you see the thread about Roger's package? Now there was a HUGE deal about penis size :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, who gives a toss about what a bloody song is called? I just want to hear it.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Stay on topic. Read the forum rules please about sending threads off topic and killing them.

Anyway.... have you all watched the trailer for the film? Is the song in the background Roger's?

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/news/?y=07&id=0105