Roger Waters "Rock Album" - Will he ever finish it?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roger Waters "Rock Album" - Will he ever finish it?

Post by Keith Jordan »

Roger has been working on a "rock album" for probably ten years and has not quite finished it yet. I suppose he has been busy with The Wall tour for the last few years and time is scarce when doing something as epic as that I imagine. However, do you think he will ever finish, release and tour the album?
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Re: Roger Waters "Rock Album" - Will he ever finish it?

Post by FreeFour »

With the amount of playing he is doing with the ongoing Wall Tour you would imagine he is quite "match fit" at the moment in terms of his musicality. This bodes well.

As far as I know Roger is under no contractual obligation to release any new material, but you still get the feeling he hasn't quite finished yet.
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Re: Roger Waters "Rock Album" - Will he ever finish it?

Post by UsNotThem »

I reckon, once this tour has finished, he'll start really start pushing on with the album to get it finished. I've heard that he said that he's got enough material to fill an album, so I think, if that's the case all there is to do is to fine polish the songs and get into the studio and record. Hopefully a release by Christmas 2014, at the earliest.

Also, if it is finished, and it is released. I really hope he tours with it, and if he does, I'm not expecting it to be as a spectacle as The Wall (but you never know), but maybe on the lines of his In The Flesh and Dark Side of the Moon tours.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to his show at Wembley Stadium on the 14th of September. 24 days to go, woohoo!

:D