Dear Mr Waters

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Djgilmour
Blade
Blade

Dear Mr Waters

Post by Djgilmour »

Please release a new version of your The Wall Documentary. One without that old man driving in that Bentley but one with just the music and th concert. I know that would really hurt your ego, but please do it for us, the fans.

Also put out another bluray of your 1980-1981 tour of The Wall. We know you don't like that show because it is with the band, the people you hate so much. But we would love to see the live performances of you, Nick, Rick and that fat ol' Dave while he was slim young Dave.

Please do it for us, the fans. Thank you very much Mr. waters.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Dear Mr Waters

Post by Hudini »

Some of us fans loved the old man in the Bentley parts more than the concert parts we've already seen a million times. Just saying, in case Mr. Waters does read this.
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

Dear Mr Waters,

We know you love The Wall, and so do we, but what we'd love so much more is a new rock album, wouldn't that be fine and dandy? Oh and how about a tour after that? That'd be swell too!

But please, no more milking The Wall. But if you insist on more releases, please consider selling the original tour DVD. Now that would fabulous.

I hope you have taken these requests to heart, and into consideration.

Kind regards,
All your fans of your solo work and your old band, "Pink Floyd".
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Dear Mr Waters,

Was your tribute to Frank Thompson intended to be in the film, but when viewing the rushes it became apparent that everyone could see your arse crack in the long shot?

Yours,
A fan who is now too scared to close his eyes ever since.
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

please don't mime on stage again either :D

as if you sung sheep or have a cigar :lol:
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Dear Mr. Waters...sick to death of The Wall except for that Gilmour song that ended up about being numb or whatever. Remember that one? Sure you do. You two did a damn good job with that. The album? Hey, great concept...seriously...grandiose...elaborate...even semi-coherent...glad Gilmour and Ezrin were there to push and help you realize it (oops, forgot to say you did it all by yourself...my bad. I know that's the party line at your end...nearly forgot)...but hey...really tired of it to be honest after all these years. No Biggie...that's just me. Still really Like the stuff you guys did earlier much, much better....sorry...kinda disappointing I know. All that Axe and Saucer stuff...Echoing and throwing a bit of Syd in there...you know...overdriving and whatnot. Love it to death. That's gotta count for something, right? Yes? No? Maybe?

Excellent Wall concert you been trudging about these past few years though to be honest...gotta admit...kuddos, big time. Loved it...FX extravaganza....but hey...ya know...really tired of that album, kick-ass concert aside. Geez. Is that really all you took away from that era of your life? Yeah, I know it's not but perhaps you could forgive me from saying so nonetheless...but then...maybe not. Doesn't matter in the long run. Truth is...for me...(and yes, I'm voicing my own individual, isolated, opinion here...so there shouldn't be any confusion or ensuing chaos :roll:...What? On the net? No, absolutely not :roll: )...for me...by the time you guys got to The Wall and The Final Cut it just wasn't the Pink Floyd I fell in love with anymore...and I wept...truly...I did. Is that too close to the bone? Still good stuff in there to be sure but as an overall musical entity you left me behind a bit at that point...sadly...and I really mean that dammit. But still again...doesn't matter...to some that era WAS Pink Floyd so they are entitled to their feelings. My fault for coming in too early on your career. It's all about timing isn't it? Damn...Oh well, sorry again...I digress. What was I saying? Oh yeah, Dear Roger....what else you got? Some people are waiting. Maybe not me...but there are others.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

Djgilmour wrote:Please release a new version of your The Wall Documentary. One without that old man driving in that Bentley but one with just the music and th concert. I know that would really hurt your ego, but please do it for us, the fans.

Also put out another bluray of your 1980-1981 tour of The Wall. We know you don't like that show because it is with the band, the people you hate so much. But we would love to see the live performances of you, Nick, Rick and that fat ol' Dave while he was slim young Dave.

Please do it for us, the fans. Thank you very much Mr. waters.

If they could have released the 1980-1981 version of The Wall they would have at the time. Being that they lost so much money putting the show on. Its way too dark. Imagine you are an unsuspecting member of the public who happens to just like Pink Floyd. You see that in a shop, buy it, get it home and then compare that to your Take That DVD. Gonna be a lot of howling and complaining me thinks.
Roger has just given us a superb version to enjoy.
Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see the original fully restored version. But how will they deliver it?
Seems to me they have two options. The 40th aniversary of The Wall when, no doubt Guthrie might have finished the 5.1 version. But then we are getting into another muliple disc "immersion" type release thing. Or as I expect they can all afford to paper their own walls with ten pound notes. They could just pay to have it restored and just put it up on Youtube for free.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

Dear Mr Waters,

Howdy?

Alex :)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Isntthiswherewe wrote:If they could have released the 1980-1981 version of The Wall they would have at the time. Being that they lost so much money putting the show on. Its way too dark. Imagine you are an unsuspecting member of the public who happens to just like Pink Floyd. You see that in a shop, buy it, get it home and then compare that to your Take That DVD. Gonna be a lot of howling and complaining me thinks.
Roger has just given us a superb version to enjoy.
Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see the original fully restored version. But how will they deliver it?
Having spent a decade and a half repeatedly watching the unofficial release of the Earls Court show, first on VHS then on DVD, I have to say, it looks fine to me...except for the "copy of a copy of a copy of a copy" video noise.

If they were to put out what's on that unofficial disc, I'd TOTALLY buy it and tell everyone else to, as well.
Anderson Council
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Anderson Council »

The Wall is great but let's not forget The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking. Nostalgia. This album is about something that's gone forever. Yeah the grass indeed was greener. I don't think I want to hear new Roger Waters album.