Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There?

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this album

5 - Best
75%
15%
5%
5%
1 - Worst
No votes

Total votes: 20

Jimi Dean Barrett
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There?

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Hudini wrote:
drafsack wrote:I can't remember where I saw it but there is a scene in my mind of a band blowing up their audience and every on clapping and cheering - might have been something floyd related
As far as I know, the audience blowing to pieces while cheering has been an original idea for the ending of "In The Flesh" in the film, but the idea has been abandoned because the results of the test shooting were considered hilarious by the production crew. I don't know if any of the shots survived though.
But surely you couldn't have footage of an audience being blown up and not make it funny? I always thought that was a good idea of Roger's. Pity it never made the flim. It needed the comedy!

nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:41 pm

You know, I bought the long box version when it came out and was flipping through the booklet recently, and have to say it is nice to have all the photos and "essays" - too bad the discs get scratched easily.

I like this release. It completely took me by surprise, because I didn't expect it to be released and there it was - I just happened to walk into a "record" store on release day.

EarlsFloyd
Axe
Axe

Post by EarlsFloyd » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:24 am

Kill me, put this is the best album of PF in my opinion

DarkSideFreak
Axe
Axe

Post by DarkSideFreak » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:02 pm

danielcaux wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:39 am
This is the closest thing to a definitive version of The Wall concept IMO. The double appearance of the MC adds another layer of self-reflexivity and entropy to the whole thing. It really underlines the cyclic nature of whole work, together with that spoken part at the end and begin of the studio album. It also has the "misterious" missing song from the album, the kick-ass What Shall We Do Now? and adds a new instrumental, The Last Few Bricks, which works pretty much like a coda recapitulating all the major themes played so far in the piece. We also get to hear a little more of Rick Wright input on the keyboards, which is always really welcomed by fans of the WYWH/Animals sound, including an organ solo on ABITW2 and more funky playing on The Happiest Days Of Our Lives. Add points for longer and complete guitar solo at the end of Confortably Numb and the maniac intro to Run Like Hell, done by "Pink" himself insulting the audience and screeching like Eugene, and you get a release as essential as the studio album.
This is virtually my opinion! [-D-] I always thought ABITW 3 was disappointingly short. Imagine my delight when I heard Last Few Bricks <ii>