I FINALLY Met A Fellow NPFer!

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

I FINALLY Met A Fellow NPFer!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Hi, all- I just wanted to share this little tidbit with you all, because it was really a great experience....
Awhile back- early May, I think- I received an e-mail from fellow NPFer, MomentaryHawking (Jerry)... He'd seen that I, too, live in Phoenix, and he and his best friend (Sean;) were planning to see the DG concert screening on May16th, and wanted me to meet up with them at the theatre, just for shits and giggles.
Well, you all know how chaotic my home life has been, recently, and between the problems with the dungeonmaster, and having had to work that day, I had to decline. But Jerry and I kept e-mailing each other, and we exchanged phone numbers, and promised to get together soon for some roio trading action, etc.
Through the e-mails, we discovered that his friend, Sean, and I had gone to grade school together, some twenty-odd years ago... :smt103
Last weekend, they finally made it by my place, and we caught up on old friends, old times, and, of course, Floyd. It was just a short meeting- a couple of hours, in front of mom's house, in the middle of the night, but it was the most fun I've had with my clothes on in years!
So, Jerry, (and Sean;) Thanks! for that.... We'll have to dive into our collections, next time.... :smt040
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Great story, Shan.

I don't think I've met anyone from here in "real life"...Alpyne doesn't count because I knew him before he signed up here.

However, I met a guy named Jayraj Doshi from an old board (now defunct,) and I met a woman named Emily (real name AND screen name) from the "official board" before it was shut down.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it to England in September...it looks more like not, to be honest...but I'm still going to give it my best shot.

I think it would be really killer to meet some fellow NPF-ers.

*Beavis laugh*

I said "F-ers."
Ringorocks

Post by Ringorocks »

Great story indeed :D

From this board I've met Reakwon.. He has like 5 posts or something. :lol:

And I'm meeting olzen very soon!!!!
And hopefully I'm meeting someone else in August.
Most likely not. But I'm hoping.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Small world eh Shan?

I've met a few NPF-ers and hope to meet more soon in september, the ones so far...

thrill-seeker
Gem.
publicimage
jonesy
Norbert Wilkins
black bobble
markboyacebassist
abaker
and of course the lovely miss b (not to be confused with missbee, who is also lovely)
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I hope to meet a few of yews in October if the Glasgow shindig is a goer??? Please come!
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

I've met :

Azza200
Simpledumbpilot
Gem
Jack Dempsey
David Smith
Markyboyacebassist

Hopefuly I'll meet loads more at the Waters show in Hyde Park and also the two tribute nights later this year 8) :)

I know who else I would like to meet.................. :D
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

That's a great story. I especially like the comment that it was the most fun you've had with your cloths on in a long time :smt003

It has been going through my head to meet up with some of you some time...in fact I was thinking about posting something about getting together with the Hogtown chapter of NPF...I won't make it to Enland in the fall.
Ringorocks

Post by Ringorocks »

my breakfast. wrote:I hope to meet a few of yews in October if the Glasgow shindig is a goer??? Please come!
Yes, well, thrill-seeker and I decided to re-locate that meet-up to Norway... sooo.. Sorry for the change of plans, hope it doesn't cause any inconvenience. :P

Living in Norway really sucks for meet-ups. *sigh*
Black Hole Sun
Blade
Blade

Post by Black Hole Sun »

I know... The Gunners Dream (oh yay..:|) and flashback doesnt live to far from us.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

mosespa wrote:I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it to England in September...it looks more like not, to be honest...but I'm still going to give it my best shot.

I think it would be really killer to meet some fellow NPF-ers.

*Beavis laugh*

I said "F-ers."
Well, Sean, it doesn't look like I'll be going in September, either.....maybe we'll have to have a mini-American reunion......You're not that far away from me. :smt040
(Flashy's pretty close, too, and Mooner......)
Black Hole Sun
Blade
Blade

Post by Black Hole Sun »

:idea: how bout a NPF convention? hah
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Black Hole Sun wrote::idea: how bout a NPF convention? hah
Fine, as long as you aren't there :P
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

nosaj wrote:That's a great story. I especially like the comment that it was the most fun you've had with your cloths on in a long time :smt003

It has been going through my head to meet up with some of you some time...in fact I was thinking about posting something about getting together with the Hogtown chapter of NPF...I won't make it to Enland in the fall.
NPF Hogtown! :lol: Lets have some tee shirts made up for our chapter. Hogtowners always have fun with their tee shirts on.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

2066 wrote:
nosaj wrote:That's a great story. I especially like the comment that it was the most fun you've had with your cloths on in a long time :smt003

NPF Hogtown! :lol: Lets have some tee shirts made up for our chapter. Hogtowners always have fun with their tee shirts on.
Too bad I just moved away from Southern Ontario, or I would join in on the fun. :(
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Shirts it is then...but I'm sure it would have to be okayed by the management...I've noticed an awful lot of DSotM t-shirts lately, and I keep thinking it might just be one of you.

But I am serious, I would get together for beer with anybody in town...