50 coolest people who've ever lived. Who's on your list?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Re: 50 coolest people who've ever lived. Who's on your list?

Post by Flying pig437 »

rememberaday wrote:My List of 15 coolest people.

In no particular order:

1) John Lennon
2) Roger Federer
3) Jim Morrison
4) Syd Barrett
5) Michael Jordan
6) Brian Wilson
7) Sachin Tendulkar
8 ) Albert Einstein
9) Jimi Hendrix
10) Napoleon Bonaparte
11) Mahatma Gandhi
12) Buddha
13) Me
14) You
15) Everyone else I not mentioned in this list.
Why Napoleon?
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

"Why Napoleon".

Because he was cool as hell.

And did not accept impossible as an excuse.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

thefinalcut wrote:
moom wrote:There's lots of cool people, BUT on my PERSONAL top list of known musicians there are a few:

Roger Waters - "I'm an artist, I can't tell lies". That's Artist.

John Lennon - see Waters.

the Gallagher brothers - sod off, one wrote some top tunes and the other one sang them. In personal life? No gimmicks.
ditto.
ditto :D
Harpo
Blade
Blade

Post by Harpo »

50 snowmen :lol:

More seriously, anyone who considers themself to be cool is uncool (ie: it's uncool to have such an opinion of oneself)

The coolest people are entirely unaware of it. Like, for example, various early Blues players.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

But isn't it uncool to think yourself uncool so that you to be cool when you're actually an uncool guy with no sense of coolness but thinking that coolness can't be displayed consciously?

(I am he as you are he as you are me as we are all together :lol: )
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Harpo wrote:50 snowmen :lol:

More seriously, .
mmmh! :roll:
henno

Post by henno »

1) My dad
2) Jimi Hendrix
3) Dave Bowie
4) George Best
5) Serge Gainsberg
6) Roky Erikson
7) Moss Keane
8) Mozart
9) Jesus
10) JFK
11) Gandhi
12) Lennon
13) George Harrison
14) Keith Jordan :P
15) stan Lee
16) Dali
18) da vinci
19) Bob Geldof
20) Philip K Dick
21) Seamus Heaney
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

How can you put Keith above Stan Lee?!! Outrageous! :D
henno

Post by henno »

in no particular order ddebil ... LOL

and im going to add these to the list:

22) Edmund Hillary
23) jacques cousteau
24) david atteborough
25) marie curie
26) lisa hannigan
27) marlene dietrich
MariahZ
Embryo
Embryo

Post by MariahZ »

going to have to say Osho
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Flying pig437 wrote:WEll it might have not been very nice to use the scots as guinea pigs like that but that's life I guess. I don't think it's very nice for healthy working class people to spend, collectively, a fortune of billions of pounds every year on alchol and drugs and cigarettes while there's children dying of extreme poverty but that's life I guess.
"That's life I guess". Utter bullshit. She new Scotland would never vote for her kind anyway so used this as a reason to test out poll tax up here. Disgusting behaviour that typifies a mentality felt towards Scotland by quite a large sample of the English population, especially in the South of England.

Flying pig437 wrote:As for ruining heavy industry well as with all employed people who lose their jobs they can't complain because while they did have jobs they probably squandered most of their spare cash down the pub or on fags or holiday or xmas presnets for their kids or even prozzies! ha ha ha. That's why I hate having sympathy for people who've lost their jobs or who are on low wages. I despise their lifestyles and think, in their own way, their just as greedy and self-indulgent as rich people. Also with the nationalised industries that were unprofitable they were just being a drain on the nations resources. If only all those people, Scottis, English and Welsh who llost their jobs in the 80's hadn't squandered the precious recourses of time and money they had when they were beneficiaries of the nations charity they might have been able to find ways and means to provide for themselves and their familes better when the subsidies were cut off. Also of course they were the people who gave the unions their power which the unions then disgustingly abused to the detriment of the whole country.

And as for hanving out with alcholics... I couldnt'' anyway because if I went to a meeting I'd just puke up at the pathetic snivelling sob stories they'd come out with or tell them straight I've not got the slightest little bit of sympathy for them and think there pathetic wastes of space.
As for haning out with prozzies. Well there's just tonnes and tonnes of women that I love and am beguiled by, in fact I'm obssesed with women in general, not all of them obviously, and the fact they're doing something as intriguing as a walking the streets just trying to get guys to pay them for sexual things is just something I'm fascinated by on a personal level. I can't remember what I've said on this forum about it but the one I've spoken to a bit is my new #1 infatuation in life. I don't know what my interest and my hanging out with prozzies has got to do with politics though. I think it's probably imoral to sleep with a hooker for lots of reasons but primarily because they're, in a lot of cases, junkies and need to get off the gear so they don't have to go through the indignity of letting guys use them just to get money for the next fix but then seeing the arse on that one last night and then hearing her come-on to me by saying 'hello love' as I walked passed her...

I'm not even going to read this shit. It is like somebody gave gorillas a stack of Daily Mail papers and asked them to creatively stick the whole mess back together. Sweeping generalisations, bigotry, discrimination, outright hatred.... You deeply disturb me.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

MariahZ wrote:going to have to say Osho
yeah, self proclaimed messiah for capitalist pigs FTW! :roll:
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

my breakfast. wrote:
Flying pig437 wrote:WEll it might have not been very nice to use the scots as guinea pigs like that but that's life I guess. I don't think it's very nice for healthy working class people to spend, collectively, a fortune of billions of pounds every year on alchol and drugs and cigarettes while there's children dying of extreme poverty but that's life I guess.
"That's life I guess". Utter bullshit. She new Scotland would never vote for her kind anyway so used this as a reason to test out poll tax up here. Disgusting behaviour that typifies a mentality felt towards Scotland by quite a large sample of the English population, especially in the South of England.

Flying pig437 wrote:As for ruining heavy industry well as with all employed people who lose their jobs they can't complain because while they did have jobs they probably squandered most of their spare cash down the pub or on fags or holiday or xmas presnets for their kids or even prozzies! ha ha ha. That's why I hate having sympathy for people who've lost their jobs or who are on low wages. I despise their lifestyles and think, in their own way, their just as greedy and self-indulgent as rich people. Also with the nationalised industries that were unprofitable they were just being a drain on the nations resources. If only all those people, Scottis, English and Welsh who llost their jobs in the 80's hadn't squandered the precious recourses of time and money they had when they were beneficiaries of the nations charity they might have been able to find ways and means to provide for themselves and their familes better when the subsidies were cut off. Also of course they were the people who gave the unions their power which the unions then disgustingly abused to the detriment of the whole country.

And as for hanving out with alcholics... I couldnt'' anyway because if I went to a meeting I'd just puke up at the pathetic snivelling sob stories they'd come out with or tell them straight I've not got the slightest little bit of sympathy for them and think there pathetic wastes of space.
As for haning out with prozzies. Well there's just tonnes and tonnes of women that I love and am beguiled by, in fact I'm obssesed with women in general, not all of them obviously, and the fact they're doing something as intriguing as a walking the streets just trying to get guys to pay them for sexual things is just something I'm fascinated by on a personal level. I can't remember what I've said on this forum about it but the one I've spoken to a bit is my new #1 infatuation in life. I don't know what my interest and my hanging out with prozzies has got to do with politics though. I think it's probably imoral to sleep with a hooker for lots of reasons but primarily because they're, in a lot of cases, junkies and need to get off the gear so they don't have to go through the indignity of letting guys use them just to get money for the next fix but then seeing the arse on that one last night and then hearing her come-on to me by saying 'hello love' as I walked passed her...

I'm not even going to read this shit. It is like somebody gave gorillas a stack of Daily Mail papers and asked them to creatively stick the whole mess back together. Sweeping generalisations, bigotry, discrimination, outright hatred.... You deeply disturb me.
Haven't you got some starving children to save or something?
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Save one for me too, I like them lean. :twisted:
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thefinalcut »

henno wrote: Keith Jordan
I agree. He has created npf, largest PF community in the internet.