Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets Tour 2022

Discuss Nick Mason, Drumming, Cars, Saucerful of Secrets touring band and more!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets Tour 2022

Post by Keith Jordan »

Can't wait to see them this coming Friday in Manchester. <ii>
Hadrian
Knife
Knife

Post by Hadrian »

Hi folks,

I am trying to figure out what is the brand new previously unplayed material on the 2022 Echoes tour.

I consulted setlist wiki, and at the moment of writing (18 shows played), it seems there are only 3 new additions:

1. Candy and a Currant Bun (1967)
2. Echoes (1971)
3. Burning Bridges (1972)

("Mudmen" was also reported but that is an instrumental take on "Burning Bridges" with a guitar solo, placed on a different spot on the soundtrack album, similar to the earlier occurrence of "Main Theme" and "Dramatic Theme" from More, being essentially the same music).

Is that really it? I was hoping there would be more. There is certainly enough material from the 1967-1972 era to have an entirely brand new setlist with this tour. I thought there would be enough for at least an LP worth of previously unreleased material for another live release, but at the moment that is not the case.

Am I missing anything here?

p.s.
I will see them live in November, at the very end of the tour, tickets secured long time ago.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Great show in Manchester tonight. 8)
dj865
Axe
Axe

Post by dj865 »

Hadrian wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:07 pm Hi folks,

I am trying to figure out what is the brand new previously unplayed material on the 2022 Echoes tour.

I consulted setlist wiki, and at the moment of writing (18 shows played), it seems there are only 3 new additions:

1. Candy and a Currant Bun (1967)
2. Echoes (1971)
3. Burning Bridges (1972)

("Mudmen" was also reported but that is an instrumental take on "Burning Bridges" with a guitar solo, placed on a different spot on the soundtrack album, similar to the earlier occurrence of "Main Theme" and "Dramatic Theme" from More, being essentially the same music).

Is that really it? I was hoping there would be more. There is certainly enough material from the 1967-1972 era to have an entirely brand new setlist with this tour. I thought there would be enough for at least an LP worth of previously unreleased material for another live release, but at the moment that is not the case.

Am I missing anything here?
I was at Newcastle on Tuesday (amazing show) and they also played Remember a day and also Childhoods End. Don't think these were played in 2018 (I was at Glasgow gig that year)
Hadrian
Knife
Knife

Post by Hadrian »

Both are on the live album, so they were probably added later on during the 2018-19 run. Hopefully they will add more things this time as well, as the tour continues.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Hadrian
Knife
Knife

Post by Hadrian »

Well 32 or so shows into the Echoes tour, it seems that new additions are indeed just these three numbers:

1. Candy and a Currant Bun
2. Burning Bridges / Mudmen
3. Echoes

Surprises are always possible later on, still some time to go until late November, but if the additions do happen probably there will not be too many (Mason mentioned "The Gold It's in the..." in an interview, but others were less enthusiastic, it did not show up so far in the set).

I have to admit that I am a bit surprised, I thought there would be more variety with material not played on the initial tour, perhaps enough for another single disc release, especially given the very long break between the tours.