Roger Waters 2006 Tour dates

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
HeckTo

Re: Roger Waters 2006 Tour dates

Post by HeckTo »

moonwall wrote: And I'm starting the long drive to Roskilde tonight :D :D :D
My way was bus from helsinki to turku, then boat to stockholm, bus to helsingborg (?) boat to helsingor(?) and bus to roskilde!

When we stopped on vettern, I swimmed in that beautiful lake, water was veeeeery cold!
moonwall
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Re: Roger Waters 2006 Tour dates

Post by moonwall »

HeckTo wrote:
moonwall wrote: And I'm starting the long drive to Roskilde tonight :D :D :D
My way was bus from helsinki to turku, then boat to stockholm, bus to helsingborg (?) boat to helsingor(?) and bus to roskilde!

When we stopped on vettern, I swimmed in that beautiful lake, water was veeeeery cold!
What a journey to make in the heat!
You had a liitle bit longer to travel than me. I live just outside Stockholm.
But Sweden is a loooooong country.

I was in Roskilde just the last day - only for Arctic Monkeys (daughter's wish) and Roger Waters. But the long drive sure was worth it.
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Roger Waters Tour Dates 2006

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

I can only confirm the following:

Sept 6th..............PNC Arts Center, Holmdes, NJ

Sept 12th, MSG, NYC
Sept 13th, MSG, NYC

I was fortunate enough to get tickets for both NYC dates......Hope that there are others from this Forum that will be there. :D
hi-watt
Blade
Blade
Location: everywhere and nowhere baby, thats where I'm at (or try Dorset UK)

Post by hi-watt »

I'm sorry but one lousy UK date is just not good enough and its Hyde park which is one of the shittest venues in the uK, Saw QOTSA, Motorhead and Foo's there a couple of weeks ago and the sound quality was bloody awful. The cant use enough volume to get over the swirly wind effect because her majesty gets narky apparently. So one minute it felt like the drums on "overkill" would indeed kill me with volume, the next, it sounded like someone had switch the whole thing off.

C'mon Rog, whay no RAH or Earls Court :roll:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

hi-watt wrote:I'm sorry but one lousy UK date is just not good enough and its Hyde park which is one of the shittest venues in the uK, Saw QOTSA, Motorhead and Foo's there a couple of weeks ago and the sound quality was bloody awful. The cant use enough volume to get over the swirly wind effect because her majesty gets narky apparently. So one minute it felt like the drums on "overkill" would indeed kill me with volume, the next, it sounded like someone had switch the whole thing off.

C'mon Rog, whay no RAH or Earls Court :roll:
I think this was a mini tour - hopefully a full blown europien tour next year
zOOmz
Embryo
Embryo

Post by zOOmz »

Hi! My first post here. Great site!
I will be in Phoenix at the Cricket Pavillion.

zOOmz
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

I have tickets for Pittsburgh and Ohio.I could only afford Admission only but it should be good enough at Star Lake (post Gazette Pavillion) in pittsburgh.Rumours are Instant Live will be available at Pittsburgh ?.I have 4 different gigs on CD from this tour and the Vocals are all different .How did this lipsync rumour start ?
Marcelowaters
Embryo
Embryo

Warning

Post by Marcelowaters »

There are many shows in a few months. Waters needs to take care his voice. He's got two options: making few shows, or use the irritable playback.
He's gotta be with a good voice to record his album, next year! :)

Marcelo Simas Pereira - Brasil
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

zOOmz wrote:Hi! My first post here. Great site!
I will be in Phoenix at the Cricket Pavillion.

zOOmz
Welcome to Neptune, zOOmz! I'll be at the Cricket Pavillion show, as well- (Section 303).... :D
nadiv
Embryo
Embryo

Israel Show - 22 June 2006 at Peace Village

Post by nadiv »

It was a great show. The largest in Israel ever. :D

If you want to see pictures from this show look at:

http://mitkadem.homestead.com/files/eve ... eveshalom/

You do noy have to understand Hebrew in order to enjoy it. Try it.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Well, the American leg of the tour opens tomorrow. Here's hoping he's cut out the lip-syncing (or the songs that need it) and maybe even ADDED something.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

Im going this saturday! ill be sure to report any changes in the setlist and what he says about syd (if he says anything). unfortunatly i will be pretty far away from the stage so I wont be able to tell about lipsynching/miming.
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

I hope he force once comes to Scotland on his next tour, thats really the only way I can afford to go and see him.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Dowie100 wrote:I hope he force once comes to Scotland on his next tour, thats really the only way I can afford to go and see him.
Here's hoping too, that London show set me back a fair bit (though it was worth every penny)
OCLEMENT
Embryo
Embryo

Post by OCLEMENT »

nosaj wrote:Just had a listen to June 8, 2006 show...I really like the first set. I don't think there is any lip-syncing...rumours :roll: I'm excited I have tickets now...Sheep and Have a Cigar!!! :smt026

Edit: Lip-syncing? Maybe? :smt017
:shock:
I' ve seen his show on 14 July Magny-Cours, France (Centenary of the French Formula 1 Grand Prix) .
It was correct but i think he could have done more. It was outside ont the F1 circuit. I've prefered the PF concert in 1994 at Chantilly Castle near Paris. It was really great...
At Magny Cours i didn't feel quadriphony sound... may be i become difficult to satisfy !