David Gilmour Concert Dates 2009

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: David Gilmour Concert Dates 2009

Post by Yucateco »

shelly wrote:Yeah, lets hope not. In the meantime we have the tribute bands !
Tribute bands suck big time.
shelly
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shelly »

Matter of opinion, there's good and bad and in the absence of the real deal - why not? as long as they are as accurate as possible. Just my opinion.
omnicron
Knife
Knife
Location: Chasing after falling stars and forever "On the Run"

Post by omnicron »

shelly wrote: In the meantime we have the tribute bands !
I would rather listen to a good quality bootleg on a nice stereo with some mood lighting then pay to see any Floyd tribute band.
I heard all this great stuff about a few of them, when I took the time to give it a listen... well, lets just say (to be polite) its not for me.
EveSP
Embryo
Embryo

Post by EveSP »

He guested with Jeff Beck at the end of his show at the RAH last night (4th July)! :D
(I created a separate topic for it because hadn't seen this one at the time)

Hopefully a recording or pictures will surface at some stage. Photography was forbidden - at the request of 'the artist' they said, though the press were there taking pictures at the start of the show.
mainly lurking
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mainly lurking »

It´s actually up on Youtube already.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Yes 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSUdZrnIWao
Adicm
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Adicm »

Dam! I´m going to spend one year studying in Europe. I was hoping that Mr. Gilmour would make some concerts while I'm here... and exactly this year, he decides to take a rest.... Dam!

Well, I will have to wait and see if he goes to Mexico... One of these days....
pulse-eye
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pulse-eye »

Well, he's doing that Crisis gig with Amadou on the 25 May so maybe we will get a few shows out of him this year. Just have to check his site every day so we don't miss it !

Needless to check his site, they won't tell you anything, as we learned recently (Jeff Beck gig)! FEd says, he wouldn't know either.
PinkPrism009
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PinkPrism009 »

Well, that's the thing of it with FEd because he said about Saturday, July 4, he would NOT be blogging. Then after
the concert he said he didn't know about it. Huh? I don't know about that. He is supposed to be on top of everything
Gilmour at The Blog. He said it was not convenient for him to go to the concert when I asked about it in chat. I still
don't get it. :?:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I get the impression Fed isn't so dedicated any longer because Gilmour simply doesn't do a lot any longer. When OAI was being toured there was loads to write abouts, reports on the songs, backstage photographs, album reviews etc whereas for the last year or so now Gilmour's work has been fairly small
EveSP
Embryo
Embryo

Post by EveSP »

No guarantees, but Jeff Beck's playing at the Indigo2 on September 21st! They say lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place, but you never know... Certainly wouldn't be worth a punt unless you actually wanted to see Jeff Beck play though. :D
PinkPrism009
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PinkPrism009 »

David Smith wrote:I get the impression Fed isn't so dedicated any longer because Gilmour simply doesn't do a lot any longer. When OAI was being toured there was loads to write abouts, reports on the songs, backstage photographs, album reviews etc whereas for the last year or so now Gilmour's work has been fairly small
He released a pro-shot of the Crisis Gig on May 25th at his site that was better than the audience recordings on YouTube.
I can't see a way of copying it and it stops all the time because it is filtering. The professional editing makes is sound
better than it was.

I don't know if he really expects that Chicago song to create an activist American voice against how the US Gov. is treating
Gary McKinnon. That original song and melody was written for the '68 Democratic Convention protests and the riots
that occurred. May have been better if they wrote a new song. Besides they say it is a plea to Obama but he no
longer lives in Chicago. He lives in Washington. They should go to him not him to them.
vera
Knife
Knife

Post by vera »

omnicron wrote:
shelly wrote: In the meantime we have the tribute bands !
I would rather listen to a good quality bootleg on a nice stereo with some mood lighting then pay to see any Floyd tribute band.
I heard all this great stuff about a few of them, when I took the time to give it a listen... well, lets just say (to be polite) its not for me.
My exact thoughts.