33%
No
33%

Total votes: 9

Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I know of one female who is so obsessed with Gilmour that she is convinced they know one another very well, and communicate with each other on a regular basis, which they do not...

And no, I am NOT kidding :lol:
catch22_love23
Axe
Axe

Post by catch22_love23 »

As far as dancing ladies go, there were plenty of them at that PF cover band show (which was actually very good - spot-on, heartfelt - just wish I could see the real Floyd some time). Are these women *real* fans or not?

Perhaps we judge a fan's devotion to a particular band, or what-have-you, by men's standards. Usually, devotion is measured by the amount of Money and Time that someone spends on it. In addition, it seems that women and men express themselves differently when it comes to music. I've never seen a room full of men doing jazzy, tribal, interpretive, sexy dancing to Pink Floyd, as I have seen women do. Too bad, cuz really Pink Floyd is freaking wonderful to dance to...

Is it a safe bet to say that anyone on this list qualifies as a real PF fan even if you don't own every single record, cd, video, dvd, mp3, the mummified snots from Roger Waters' nose, etc...?

In response to "Pink On The Inside" 's posting:
At least the girl is not alone in her insanity. A good 10% of the *entire world's* adult population - at least 450 million - has a mental illness at any given time (check the stats, from World Health Org.)
The sad thing is that Gilmoure's going to have to bear the brunt of this woman's and maybe even other peoples' mental disorders unless the afflicted receive better care... From a Project Atlas report: "The information shows that resources and services for mental and behavioural disorders are disproportionately low compared to the burden caused by these disorders in both developing and developed countries."
(http://www.whomsa.org/it/text10/04_atlas.html)

That Led Zep and Floyd mp3 really sounded like Led Zep and Floyd playing together. Is there a way you can listen to it yourself, then decide whether it's a hoax or not? Can you offer any kind of proof (generally, that's the way people support their assertions...)? Does anyone else know about the status of this mp3 with some kind of substantiating evidence?
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

catch22_love23 wrote:Is there a way you can listen to it yourself, then decide whether it's a hoax or not?
I have listened to the mp3 "Whole Lotta Love On The Run," which is clearly just a remix/combination of On The Run and Whole Lotta Love. I highly doubt anyone involved with either band had ANYTHING to do with "Whole Lotta Love On The Run.mp3."
Can you offer any kind of proof (generally, that's the way people support their assertions...)?

No book on Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin has stated the two of them ever jammed together. In addition, none of the members of either band have ever said that the supposed jams took place.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

My wife likes some of floyds stuff but not that much.I can't get her to listen to all of their stuff,I think most of it is to far out for her.
downinit1
Embryo
Embryo

Post by downinit1 »

I'm serious, it offended me. It's like, females aren't intellectual enough and deep enough thinkers for Floyd. Females only like the Beatles and NSYNC cause they're so cutsie. My best friend, who is a woman, is the biggest PF fan I know.
catch22_love23
Axe
Axe

Post by catch22_love23 »

Yowzah!!!
Does anyone really think that Pink Floyd is too deep for women to understand? Come on - please don't allow yourself to be so ignorant. After all these posts by serious female PF fans, how could anyone here still think that? PF not an either male or female band. It's such an awe-inspiring band that it can't be fit into teeny-tiny categories based on if the listener's gender.

Not everyone around us is going to have the same aesthetics as us.
My boyfriends don't all like the same music that I like - a lot of them think that PF's music is too deep or depressing, or they just don't connect with it for whatever reason. Would it not sound absurd if I said, "In my experience, men don't like Pink Floyd as much as me and my girlfriends; therefore, I have come to the scientific conclusion that Pink Floyd is just way over the heads of the male population."

Besides, if our friends, lovers and families were all into PF the way we were, I doubt this website would be very popular.

PS: Want to start a new thread on the validity of Zep and Floyd together recordings...

"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here
And I'm most obliged to you for making it clear
That I'm not here"
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

I know just as many female floyd fans as male, here.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

catch22_love23 wrote: PS: Want to start a new thread on the validity of Zep and Floyd together recordings...
Why bother?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:
catch22_love23 wrote: PS: Want to start a new thread on the validity of Zep and Floyd together recordings...
Why bother?

Good point...there IS no validity to such a notion. It never happened.
catch22_love23
Axe
Axe

Post by catch22_love23 »

OK, then, I'll continue it here for now - The reason to continue that particular thread elsewhere would be that I have more questions about it and it doesn't fit under the category: "Pink Floyd a male or female band?"
That's fine, you don't think it happened. Not sure what to think yet so I just wanted to find out more. I've heard really good arguments both ways.
Do you think it's in good form to try to shut people up who don't have the same opinion as you?

As far as the song goes, I heard Stairway to Heaven, not the other thing you mentioned that was a mix of two different songs.

It's obvious that there's a lot of very pragmatic, good-head-on-yr-shoulders Pink Floyd experts here who don't take no cow poo-poo, the perfect ones to ask: What do you think of the Wizard of Oz, Dark Side of the Moon connexion?
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

catch22_love23 wrote:Not sure what to think yet so I just wanted to find out more. I've heard really good arguments both ways.
Oh you have?
Do you think it's in good form to try to shut people up who don't have the same opinion as you?
There is no validity to the notion. I don't think I'm "trying to shut you up" by saying it like it is.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I didn't say all females ,I said my wife because she don't want to put in the time to get the meaning of the whole cd.You shouldn't jump down my throat for saying all women when I didn't.
catch22_love23
Axe
Axe

Post by catch22_love23 »

flashback wrote:I didn't say all females ,I said my wife because she don't want to put in the time to get the meaning of the whole cd.You shouldn't jump down my throat for saying all women when I didn't.
You are correct - you did not say "all women" - apologies for seeming like I was jumping down your throat. I didn't think I was jumping down anybody's throat - just expessing myself...
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

I for one am a female Pink Floyd fan. And I prefer to use Pink Floyd rather than Floyd or Pink. Because Pink Floyd make their own identities, and it's not our job. If they call themselves Pink Floyd then I see no reason in refering to them as Pink or Floyd.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Precisely. Worst of all though has to be THE Pink Floyd.

WRONG.