"In The News" Discussion Thread

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Re: "In The News" Discussion Thread

Post by GilmourGirl »

What a pity Kim Jong Il's wilder son can't fill his shoes. He really wants Clapton to play N Korea but highly highly unlikely. :lol: he's a big Slowhand fan. Don't reckon HE'LL be passed the torch...
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Libyan pilots are defecting instead of doing the civilian bombing runs, which is quite heartening.

Libya defectors: Pilots told to bomb protesters flee to Malta

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/fe ... e-to-malta
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Hopefully Islamic extremists won't fill the vacuums of power in these countries where the governments are falling.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

snifferdog wrote:Hopefully Islamic extremists won't fill the vacuums of power in these countries where the governments are falling.

Too late!

snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I hope they're not waiting on their Hoover Flights

Yesterday I heard a woman being interviewed on the radio who had travelled to Libya to give some sort of academic lecture. Even though it was as obvious as the nose on her face that things had gotten hot out there. Anyway the silly cow had found herself stuck all by herself in some hotel in Libya, terrified, her hosts had scarpered and it seems nobody wanted to hear whatever it was she went there to give a lecture about :roll:
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Thats feminists for ya :roll:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Wonder how long Col Gaddafi (or however it is his name is spelled) will last in Libya? And what country will be next?
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

snifferdog wrote:And what country will be next?
My money's on Scotland ...
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

snifferdog wrote:Wonder how long Col Gaddafi (or however it is his name is spelled) will last in Libya? And what country will be next?
The King of Saudia Arabia is, apparently, shitting himself!
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Why do the call the memory sticks when I can never remember where I left it
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

I had a particularly brilliant friend suggest that I stop watching the news, as I would be much happier. Ignorance is bliss.

That guy is a fracking genius. 8)

We are going to smash into Andromeda, and so I think it's useless to care what is happening in the rest of the world.

Bring the boys back home and fuck Libya, and the Gold Coast, for that matter, not that anyone gives a shit about the innocents being murdered there, or in Somalia, or Tibet, or North Korea...I could go on, but I probably shouldn't, or someone is going to be mortally offended, and you know how that goes.

Freedom isn't easily won, but it can't be handed to people either. I'm hoping any help that the West is being strong-armed into providing for this uprising in Libya will not be repaid with the type of violence and hatred that it seemed the Libyan population once held for Western countries. I won't be surprised if it is. I don't like to think that my country has become some sort of cavalry at the beck-and-call of the Arab League, but if that is the case, I hope that they will pick up the bill at the end of this debacle. A few well-aimed missiles a month ago could have solved the problem, but since that wasn't considered as the most intelligent option, we are spending millions of dollars a week to take out one criminal that could have (and should have, imo) been taken out with one bullet a decade ago.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

meanwhile another year passes on neptune - http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/science ... 41327.html
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

justabagofatoms wrote:I had a particularly brilliant friend suggest that I stop watching the news, as I would be much happier. Ignorance is bliss.

That guy is a fracking genius. 8)

We are going to smash into Andromeda, and so I think it's useless to care what is happening in the rest of the world.

Bring the boys back home and fuck Libya, and the Gold Coast, for that matter, not that anyone gives a shit about the innocents being murdered there, or in Somalia, or Tibet, or North Korea...I could go on, but I probably shouldn't, or someone is going to be mortally offended, and you know how that goes.

Freedom isn't easily won, but it can't be handed to people either. I'm hoping any help that the West is being strong-armed into providing for this uprising in Libya will not be repaid with the type of violence and hatred that it seemed the Libyan population once held for Western countries. I won't be surprised if it is. I don't like to think that my country has become some sort of cavalry at the beck-and-call of the Arab League, but if that is the case, I hope that they will pick up the bill at the end of this debacle. A few well-aimed missiles a month ago could have solved the problem, but since that wasn't considered as the most intelligent option, we are spending millions of dollars a week to take out one criminal that could have (and should have, imo) been taken out with one bullet a decade ago.
aren't we just there to protect BP's oil interests? Not saying that necessarily a bad thing either.