33%
No
33%

Total votes: 9

catch22_love23
Axe
Axe

Post by catch22_love23 »

Astoria wrote:...Pink Floyd make their own identities, and it's not our job. If they call themselves Pink Floyd then I see no reason in refering to them as Pink or Floyd.
Since I've been writing more, needing to say Pink Floyd more, I notice it doesn't sound right to say either "Pink" or "the Floyd". Yick. Better just leave their name alone. I write "PF" sometimes, though.
Julia Dream
Embryo
Embryo

I'm a woman...

Post by Julia Dream »

Well, what's more curious is that I'm a teenager, (I'm 16) and I'm from argentina! isn't it funny? well, Me and some friends (about 5) -all females- love pink floyd!!..
It could sound a bit strange but we usually play pulse with the lights off and some candles forming a circle, we sit in the ground and close our eyes. It's not a religion (you see) but we just feel part of the wind, not human beings.
I love pink floyd but I'm afraid I still don't know everything about it.. :(
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Ok, i'm also 16 (boy from Edinburgh) and can i just say i have never ever sat in a room full of candles, listened to P.U.L.S.E and felt like part of the wind. Maybe it's just a girl thing.

Although yeah, having read over everything on this thread i feel it's good that so many people here are female and are arguing away defending their right to listen to Pink Floyd. My personal opinion is that Pink Floyd are a male oriented band, but this comes from them being men themselves and i feel no male band would make women their target audience cause unlike Britney Spears and N Sync (clearly aiming at the opposite sex) Pink Floyd have some class.

In saying this Pink Floyd are not just a males band and can be listened to by both, although i feel they are SLIGHTLY more aimed at men because everyone should do stuff for themselves (as in Pink floyd were all quite young men so they should aim their music at quite young men.)
Julia Dream
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Julia Dream »

hey smith, take it easy
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Ah nothing like the gentle touch of a femal to bring you back to reality and make you realise you spoke utter crap for the last post. Thanks Julia, for making me realise i was being a bit of a prat about things. Not the first time, beleive me, it's a regular occurance on this forum.

Man, being more aimed at males? What was i on? Rock music is for everyone to enjoy and Pink Floyd are no exception. I know a lot of males who like PJ Harvey and Patti Smith and they certainly don't feel weird abot it and nor do i. Yeah, i was bullshi*ing, there is no target market for rock'n'roll.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

One other thing though Julia (and this goes out to everyone here) i hate the name Smith and i consider this second name a curse so please, can nobody call me Smith, mr Smith or Smithy? Cheers.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Don't be afraid of the light Smithster. :lol:
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

The light? All i'm scared off is the day i do something i may be recognised internationally for and having the name David Smith. It's the most common name in the world, i bet some people here's mum's are called David Smith.

Is there any other Smiths on this forum? Come on, don't be shy.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

It could be worse, Davy...You could have the name JOHN Smith.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

David Smith wrote:... i feel no male band would make women their target audience...

Do you mean to tell me that you've never heard of Bon Jovi?
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Oh god yeah i've heard of John Bon, but he's not really a man and Bonjovi weren't really a band.

They were hardly serious musicians and only had the motivation to make money rather than give people anything good.

Oh, John Smith is my dad's name so thankfully i passed on that name.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

Pink Floyd music is for guys......................huh?
I am a very girly woman I mean clothes shopping, fashion magizine reading, hair obessed type chic

I am still a fan of the Floyd

odd huh?

I guess I have my manily side too
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

Actually, I got into Pink Floyd thanks to a girl, my friend?s girlfriend. she had DSOTM, and my friend told us about the synch with the wizard of oz. one night we decided to watch it and that was one magic night. I remember that one of the first things that I like about the Floyd was the way Dave sang on many DSOTM songs, specially Breath (very calm, like if it was a lullaby) and Time (nostalgic, but got me right in the heart)...

Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

I know a couple of female Floyd fans. One of them is my friend Rachel who has awesome taste in music. The other is the girl I like. I'm not sure to what extent she likes Floyd, but when I asked her what her favorite bands were she listed Pink Floyd as one of them, plus she once complimenned me on my shirt when I was wearing my Pink Floyd shirt, so yeah...
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

I know a few girls who like Pink Floyd. One of them thanks to me. She loves Dogs and some others (also Broken China), the second has only The Wall album. I gave her Dark Side for last Christmas.