If he mimes the vocals where does he get the tapes?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
BehindTheBikeShed
Embryo
Embryo

Re: If he mimes the vocals where does he get the tapes?

Post by BehindTheBikeShed »

There are a few spots it seems clear it is pre-recorded but I am in the 'who cares it's a great show' camp. He sings most of his parts and interacts with the audience nicely in some spots (Mother, The Hotel Room). Roger does seem to have a 'tell' when he is lip syncing. He pulls or scrunches his shoulders up. He does it in In the Flesh.

But the show is THE WALL, not "Roger Waters must sing every part or it is fake".
admiral panther
Hammer
Hammer

Post by admiral panther »

I could see where day after day his voice would be stressed. Perhaps a good shot of wiskey?
moonrock62
Axe
Axe

Post by moonrock62 »

This is a really interesting discussion. I went to Roger's first concert in Melbourne and that thought did occur to me wondering if there was some pre-recorded stuff happening. Can't recall the songs that prompted this thought but I think they were sounding so good and Roger at the time was moving around a fair bit- can the sound mixers make adjustments 'on the fly' I wonder? I was reasonably close to the action and did note much of the stuff he was actually singing. Anyhow it was a wonderful concert event and totally enjoyable. :D
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

moonrock62 wrote:This is a really interesting discussion. I went to Roger's first concert in Melbourne and that thought did occur to me wondering if there was some pre-recorded stuff happening. Can't recall the songs that prompted this thought but I think they were sounding so good and Roger at the time was moving around a fair bit- can the sound mixers make adjustments 'on the fly' I wonder? I was reasonably close to the action and did note much of the stuff he was actually singing. Anyhow it was a wonderful concert event and totally enjoyable. :D

not a chance he sings live '' run to the bedroom, suitcase on the left'' onwards etc on OOMT

and he doesnt sing live on what shall we do now, ''shall we buy a new guitar'' onwards