PULSE DVD Discussions - Official NPF Thread!!!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

PublicImage wrote:
The Gunner's Dream wrote:June 5th's my birthday :shock:
Wow, you revealed something about yourself to the government!
Or perhaps I'm just misleading them (like they are us)

:P
The Great Pig In The Sky
Knife
Knife

Post by The Great Pig In The Sky »

is this the only pulse thread? :shock:

let's start another one :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Demolition Man
Knife
Knife

Post by Demolition Man »

Another update from our friends at MusicTAP.net...
We're getting conflicitng reports of the release date for the DVD, Pulse. We recently heard that it was going to be June 27 (from Sony), however, the Pink Floyd site is adamant in maintaining that Pulse will NOT release on June 27 despite what TAP, Amazon, or anybody else is saying. The site maintains that it will be issued on September 18/19 worldwide. for confirmation, click this link to visit Pink Floyd's site. Go to news and scroll downward.
ben_roberts
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ben_roberts »

As far as i know, a lot of work has been put into getting the extra's up to scratch. Apparantly some of the old film hasn't lasted the test of time so well!!

The bootlegging the bootleggers section is going to be fantastic. At long last Floyd join the ranks of other bands and acknowledge the hobby that we all love!!!
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

i have a thought :idea:
maybe the first 2 million will have the flashing light like the first 2 million cds did, and that is why it has taken so long...david had to tour to make enough money to buy all the little flashing lights :lol:
that would be cool though! i love mine...its been a mainstay in my living room for the past 12 years...blink blink blink blink blink :D
Demolition Man
Knife
Knife

Post by Demolition Man »

You know after all this waiting the first 2 million copies should instead have it so when you open the package a Mini David Gilmour runs out and does a song and dance number for you while inserting the DVD into the player for you.

Come on... I can have a little imagination now can't I? :lol:
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

More like when you open the cd a hologram of Dave with a mini Rick and Nick on each side pop up :lol:
fat_old_sun
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Post by fat_old_sun »

Yucateco wrote:
fat_old_sun wrote: i'm sure that about 90% of the shows on the 94 tour had ASTRONOMY DOMINE in the set list. infact it was the first song they played to the public. they opened most shows with, and shine on opened the second set but then later in the tour they swapped once or twice... come to think of it, it might have only been the earls court shows where they didn't play it at all one night. it was definitly played at earls court but not for every date.
all the shows that had the complete Dark Side performance had NO Astronomy Domine.
lol yes ur right, i had been up for about 28hrs when i wrote that so i thought i did pretty well memory wise lol
The Great Pig In The Sky
Knife
Knife

Billboard article

DVDs Reveal 'Pulse' Of Pink Floyd, Gilmour

May 16, 2006, 3:15 PM ET

Originally due last December, the Pink Floyd live DVD "Pulse" will now hit stores June 27 via Columbia. The project was originally released on home video in 1995 in conjunction with a double-disc CD set of the same name. The film chronicles the band's 1994 tour in support of the album "The Division Bell," which turned out to be its last.
The material here was taped during a 14-night run at London's Earl's Court and is highlighted by the first complete performance of the 1973 album "Dark Side of the Moon," which can be found on the second disc. The first disc features a blend of older hits ("Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2," "Learning To Fly") and material from "The Division Bell" ("Keep Talking," "Take It Back").
Among the bonus features are the back-screen stage projections used during the 1994 and 1987 tours, plus music videos for a host of "Division Bell" tracks, the off-stage documentary "Goodbye To Life As We Know It" and Floyd's performance of "Wish You Were Here" with Billy Corgan at its 1996 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Meanwhile, Pink Floyd guitarist/vocalist David Gilmour will tape a live DVD of his own during his May 29-30 stand at London's Royal Albert Hall. The project is expected to be out before the end of the year.
In addition, Gilmour's March 7 tour kickoff show at London's Mermaid Theatre will be screened tonight (May 16) in 100 U.S. movie theaters. For participating locations, visit BigScreenConcerts.com.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

hmm, perhaps Columbia have let slip the information before EMI/PFM announced it.
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

jambo wrote:hmm, perhaps Columbia have let slip the information before EMI/PFM announced it.
Pink Floyd are on Columbia for US, Canada, Japan and Australia and EMI Europe.
Also, PFM(formerly known as EMKA) were known to keep PF things under secrecy until last minute. They said PF and Waters were not going to play Live 8 then at last second said yes.
Even EMKA(which was PF's old management) kept things under wraps in the US. The only people who knew PF were releasing a new album in 1994 in the US were those who tuned into the US rock radio call-in show Rockline on November 24, 1992 when David Gilmour and Nick Mason(who appeared on the show promoting the Shine On box set) announced a new PF album to be out within a yearish which turned out to be 1994.
PF announced a European tour in 1993 yet the Yanks for the most part still didn't know(save us hardcores like myself) and wasn't headline news. In 1994, PF held a press conference to announce a North American tour(which only saw Steve O' Rourke in attendance as PF were in rehearsals for TDB tour).
Also, TDB was released a week early in the UK and the US had to wait until April 5, 1994.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

With the PFM denying the LIVE8 concert, David didn't actually agree straight away. Rog called him up and they chatted about it, and then he mulled over it. Only then was it officially announced.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

[quote="The Great Pig In The Sky" David Gilmour will tape a live DVD of his own...expected to be out before the end of the year.[/quote]
:shock: and pulse has taken how long?
maybe gilmours will release first :lol:
The Great Pig In The Sky
Knife
Knife

I think Gilmour's DVD will be released on his 80th b'day :wink:
matknny
Hammer
Hammer

Post by matknny »

jedi with crazy diamonds wrote:i have a thought :idea:
maybe the first 2 million will have the flashing light like the first 2 million cds did, and that is why it has taken so long...david had to tour to make enough money to buy all the little flashing lights :lol:
that would be cool though! i love mine...its been a mainstay in my living room for the past 12 years...blink blink blink blink blink :D
jedi with crazy diamonds wrote:i have a thought :idea:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Zombie Jesus will apear :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: