PULSE DVD Discussions - Official NPF Thread!!!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

As much as everyone is looking forward to PULSE, I am not however looking forward to this. I am looking forward more to the David Gilmour remasters than the PULSE DVD. In fact, I didn't buy the PULSE VHS for years and I did and was disappointed as opposed to the original PPV version from November, 1994 with warts and all and sold the VHS. I even watch San Diego 1994 VHS more than I ever did the official PULSE VHS!
moonwall
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Post by moonwall »

I just got a confirmation from the record shop that my pre-paid PULSE will be posted to me on July 12th :D :D
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/news/0606011.html
As many of you know, the release date has been delayed time and time again - this was to include technical additions and modifications. At the start of the year, we received what was then a confirmed date of September 18th.

However, it was clear from various comments that David Gilmour was extremely keen to get the DVD released earlier. All the stops have been pulled out, and

the new, final release date will be:

July 10th (UK/Europe) and

July 11th (USA/Canada/elsewhere)
*edit 1st post to include this info Keith.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

I've been in a state of apathy with PULSE for some time :|
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

The past twelve years, you mean? I honestly did not know that. TGD, I am in shock. All this time I thought you were a big fan of the DaveFloyd. You've never, EVER expressed any dislike over them before.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

No, I'm interested in PULSE :P

Erm...ok, "Official Pulse discussion thread" let's see:

How do you folks think the Pay Per View version of Pulse compares with the VHS edition?

Personally I'd say the PPV version sounds *slightly* more authentic :P
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Wasn't the Laserdisc incarnation a bit diffirent as well? I'd love to see a big comparison between all incarnations someday.
I bet the Betamax contains a cut scene in which David Gilmour donned a fez and began singing "Whip It".
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

ESLAFTK2112 wrote:As much as everyone is looking forward to PULSE, I am not however looking forward to this. I am looking forward more to the David Gilmour remasters than the PULSE DVD. In fact, I didn't buy the PULSE VHS for years and I did and was disappointed as opposed to the original PPV version from November, 1994 with warts and all and sold the VHS. I even watch San Diego 1994 VHS more than I ever did the official PULSE VHS!
I'm hoping maybe a reason for the delay is that they changed some camera shots and some editing...I liked the original PPV version better than the re-edited Pulse too.
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

Freddie Mercury wrote:
ESLAFTK2112 wrote:As much as everyone is looking forward to PULSE, I am not however looking forward to this. I am looking forward more to the David Gilmour remasters than the PULSE DVD. In fact, I didn't buy the PULSE VHS for years and I did and was disappointed as opposed to the original PPV version from November, 1994 with warts and all and sold the VHS. I even watch San Diego 1994 VHS more than I ever did the official PULSE VHS!
I'm hoping maybe a reason for the delay is that they changed some camera shots and some editing...I liked the original PPV version better than the re-edited Pulse too.
I also loved the bum notes like High Hopes on the PPV version of PULSE where the "forever and ever" was missing and DG played a part of the ending lap steel solo in a lower octave which was then edited with something he played at another show(James Guthrie stated that the replacement notes came in from other concerts as PF recorded their whole European leg of TDB tour for PULSE). Comfortably Numb's ending went on for a longer ending than the released version. The camera shots were better on the PPV version than the released version as well.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

i hope it will be a good dvd, maybe they stripped it down to make it more "real" sounding and less doctored.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Why don't they make a video of archive At the Drive-in performances instead?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

i cant wait for this release about bloody time Sorrow intro outro LTF CN,RLH OTTA,OOTD's i cant wait to see in awsome picture quailty and wonderful 5.1 :D
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

my breakfast. wrote:Why don't they make a video of archive At the Drive-in performances instead?
Because The Mars Volta are better and you know it.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

just under 5 weeks people not long
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

alternate Lyrics for Pulse

Money aka "Pulse"

Money, get away.
Get a good dvd with good extras and you're okay.
Pulse, it's a show.
Grab that dvd with both hands and make a stash.
New dvd, caviar, surround sound,
Think I'll buy me a widescreen tv.

Pulse, get back.
I'm all right John keep your hands off of my dvd.
Pulse, it's a hit.
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit more delays.
I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a Lear jet.

EMI it's a crime.
release it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.
Pulse, so they say
Is the root of all evil today.
But if you ask for a release it's no surprise that they're
giving none away