Survey: Favorite Member - Pink Floyd and Beatles

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Roger and John, though I like George and Syd--kinda the "spiritual" ones who looked inward.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

grateful pink wrote:Roger and John, though I like George and Syd--kinda the "spiritual" ones who looked inward.
George and Syd are my runners up too!
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

To compare:

JOHN and ROGER - Lyrical force within the band. Not so good musically, but wrote so many good songs. Both lyrically died after some kind of the shock (Roger after The Wall, John when realised that Paul was trying to hold things in his hands and when got tired of it all, just like Rog).

PAUL and DAVE - Musical geniouses. But, both trying to make more money and caring less about the music (Paul with Back In The World, Dave with PULSE). The question remains: Would Dave sing at the birthday party for a milion pounds?

RICK and GEORGE - Quiet forces. Shined much later (George with Something, Here Comes The Sun, and Rick with Wearing the inside out).

NICK and RINGO - Drummers. Enough said.
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Prkl wrote:Syd & George
Right on. George is my favorite Beatle. I'd have to say Syd for Floyd...though musically, I hold no favorites with the Floyd (records, songs, eras)...it's just that Syd is most endearing to me. I relate to all Pink Floyd songs, on some level.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Dave and John
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

i honestly cant do these

but i think that roger, john, and paul are the greatest music writers of all time, imo. i like paul alot, i think he wrote plenty of good songs, but i can say the same thing about john. i also think that paul is a great person, but im honestly not sure about john. im not saying he isnt a good person, but i just dont know enough about him. as far as pink floyd goes, i think i like roger the best, but im not sure yet
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Gilmour
Lennon

I wish the two could be hybrid'd (don't know) to make Gilnon Lemour. Think about that!
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

harrison, wright
Neil

Post by Neil »

Paul and Roger !

I've never been able to enjoy Johns Beatles songs as much as Pauls - I am the Walrus, Strawberry Fields, Lucy in the Sky, etc.. never did anything for me! And I personaly hate Imagine!! :shock:
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Neil wrote:
I've never been able to enjoy Johns Beatles songs as much as Pauls - I am the Walrus, Strawberry Fields, Lucy in the Sky, etc.. never did anything for me! And I personaly hate Imagine!! :shock:
I'm sorry to hear that. I believe that those songs are great!
Neil

Post by Neil »

Yeah - I realize I'm in a minority on that one!

Although I will say he DID write some songs I really like - 'A Day in the life' is particulary good :)
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

NIck and Ringo :D
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

musically: dave and john
lyrics: roger and john :twisted: :twisted:
FFloyidanFemme
Axe
Axe

Post by FFloyidanFemme »

Pink Floyd..David
Beatles..John
scmods
Axe
Axe

Post by scmods »

Dave and George

Agree with Dave's view that the music needs to be able to stand on it's own before you add the weight of lyrics.

Always loved George's slightly cynical attitude to his place in the Beatles and in history.