Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

David Gilmour and George Harrison 8)
white rabbit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by white rabbit »

David Smith wrote:I prefered George as a person but John had better inut in to the band. John's the best, George is my favourite.
yeah, i gotta agree with you there. george never really did write much. my favourite floyd member though BY FAR is roger kieth "syd" barrett.
i really don't understand why everybody always says why their favourite is roger. but i'm not trying to start a war either. so just go check out my topic over it.
Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruvigny324 »

In the Beatles, my favorite is Paul McCartney because he had the best voice and moped less than John Lennon. John Lennon was also supposed to be cold and an ahole, unlike roger waters who is supposed to nbe "warm and cuddly" haha. well, not really. roger waters seems like a cold person also, but I tolerate him better for some reason. Paul McCartney was the most positive person in the Beatles, beside Ringo Starr. But Ringo Starr was a wife-beater. All drummers are: ie Keith Moon.

In the Pink Floyd, I don't have a favorite. I like all of them except for Nick Mason, who didn't have a lot of creative input. I also find it disgusting that he owns about a million lambhorginis and or such. I would have to say, though that Rick Wright and David Gilmour seem like the nicer people. I feel sorry for Rick Wright, so I guess I like him a lot. They are like the Democrat Party of Pink Floyd. Nick Mason seems to be suffering froma lack of personality. Syd Barrett and Roger Waters had ego problems, no matter how much Roger claims himself to be "warm and cuddly."
Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruvigny324 »

My friend met Paul McCartney in a bowling alley! She and her brother went up to talk to him but he said that he couldn't sign anything for them because it would cause a commotion in the alley.He apologized and...patted her stomach. She was about 12 back then.
Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruvigny324 »

Just a thought, but wouldn't everyone agrree with me that David Gilmour seems to be the most positive person in Pink Floyd, and that Nick Mason follows next? And in the Beatles, it's Paul McCartney then Ringo Starr, I think. The negative ones are Roger and John. The quiet ones are Rick and George. See the parallells?
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Ruvigny324 wrote:They are like the Democrat Party of Pink Floyd.
What the heck?
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Ruvigny324 wrote:Just a thought, but wouldn't everyone agrree with me that David Gilmour seems to be the most positive person in Pink Floyd, and that Nick Mason follows next? And in the Beatles, it's Paul McCartney then Ringo Starr, I think. The negative ones are Roger and John. The quiet ones are Rick and George. See the parallells?
John Lennon and Roger Waters - "The mostly authentic ones."

Paul McCartney and David Gilmour - "The mostly unauthentic ones." [I still love 'em, though]

George Harrison and Richard Wright - "The quiet ones."

Ringo Starr and Nick Mason - For the most part, they just enjoyed the ride.

BTW, John is overly negative? Have you never listened to Imagine, Happy X-Mas (War Is Over), Woman, etc.?
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

Roger Waters and George Harrison
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

Dave Gilmour and Ringo Starr (puppy-eyes appeal to me :lol: , really, he was just fantastic member of The Beatles, Don't Pass Me By is great song, and he was funny in Help! -movie)
spitfire
Blade
Blade

Post by spitfire »

David Gilmour & George Harrison

I always lean towards the guitarists.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Ruvigny324 wrote:But Ringo Starr was a wife-beater. All drummers are: ie Keith Moon.
Quite the generalization! Is this a little-known "fact" that I somehow missed? I always thought Ringo had one of the more successful, long-term marriages.
Ruvigny324 wrote:Nick Mason seems to be suffering froma lack of personality
:?: :shock: :?: Nick!?! Just because he didn't contribute as far as songwriting, I would hardly say he lacks personality. He always struck me as having quite a jovial, good-natured attitude.
Ruvigny324 wrote:Syd Barrett and Roger Waters had ego problems, no matter how much Roger claims himself to be "warm and cuddly."
Syd had problems, but I wouldn't call them ego problems...
Real Pink in the Inside wrote:John Lennon and Roger Waters - "The mostly authentic ones."

Paul McCartney and David Gilmour - "The mostly unauthentic ones." [I still love 'em, though]

George Harrison and Richard Wright - "The quiet ones."

Ringo Starr and Nick Mason - For the most part, they just enjoyed the ride.

I see the same parallels. But then when I try to put Syd in the equation, I get all confused! :lol: Can there even be a Beatle equivalent for him?
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

Barrett, Waters, Lennon, and Harrison. McCartney's fine but I always thought Lennon's lyrics had more depth and were more interesting. Harrison I like for his music, and the sitar. Syd is my fav PF member. I've gathered more respect for Waters recently, used to dislike him for breaking up PF but I think I understand him better now. I was never able to choose between the Waters and Gimour camps tho, I like all the PF works from Syd to Waters to Gilmour (save TFC and MLOR).
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Pugs on the Wing wrote: I see the same parallels. But then when I try to put Syd in the equation, I get all confused! :lol: Can there even be a Beatle equivalent for him?
Maybe Stuart Sutcliffe?

Sutcliffe was Lennon's best friend - Barrett was one of Waters' good friends

Sutcliffe wasn't really cut out for music - Barrett wasn't really cut out for the music INDUSTRY (Unlike Sutcliffe, he was an exceptional musician and songwriter, though)

A number of songs Lennon wrote were supposedly written with Sutcliffe in mind - Take a look at SOYCD, WYWH, and much of DSOTM and The Wall

Sutcliffe loved painting - Barrett loves painting

Sutcliffe left The Beatles before they became international superstars - Barrett left Floyd before they became one of the most famous bands on the planet
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:Maybe Stuart Sutcliffe?
I was thinking maybe him.

I just don't know that much about Stu other than he died of a brain tumor? In a way that could parallel Syd...metaphorically.