Picture This

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
marlowe
Axe
Axe

Post by marlowe »

I see from your signature, that you're a beatles fan, neil - that's my favourite album of theirs, abbey road.

have you noticed how they're dying in order of greatness, from greatest to least greatest -- it'll be interesting which order the last 2 die!
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

marlowe wrote:have you noticed how they're dying in order of greatness, from greatest to least greatest -- it'll be interesting which order the last 2 die!

Hey! George was MY favorite Beatle! 8-[ :? :lol:
marlowe
Axe
Axe

Post by marlowe »

he WAS great, but I don't think he was quite as great as Lennon :P But it's a close-run thing between them I'll admit!
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

I think the opposite...that John was ALMOST as great as George. George was COSMIC. He KNEW the meaning of life. He lived it. Not that I knew him personally, but going on what I know, never have I seen anyone live such a fulfilling and meaningful existence. His life was beauty. It was as if he knew a secret that nobody else could begin to fathom..or comprehend at an intellectual level. George was an amazing human being.

And, I should correct myself. Just because George has passed on, doesn't mean he isn't STILL my favorite Beatle. :) I'd say "was" before...and that is just incorrect.
Neil

Post by Neil »

marlowe wrote:I see from your signature, that you're a beatles fan, neil - that's my favourite album of theirs, abbey road.

have you noticed how they're dying in order of greatness, from greatest to least greatest -- it'll be interesting which order the last 2 die!
Sorry but I prefer Paul to John!!!
However I quite like both of them, but it's obvious you've little respect for Paul. Why? Just curious..

Yeah Abbey Road is fantastic!! I like Johns songs on there (Come Together especialy) and I love Macca's end suite of Golden Slumbers/Carry that weight/The End !!!

Here Comes the Sun rules too!! AND Something.. ! And I even like Octupuss's Garden :wink:
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Neil wrote:Here Comes the Sun rules too!! AND Something.. ! And I even like Octupuss's Garden :wink:
Hehe, me too. It's hard to take Ringo seriously, but it's a cute song.

Ringo For Santa Claus!
Neil

Post by Neil »

SydsMadcapGirl wrote:
Neil wrote: Hehe, me too. It's hard to take Ringo seriously, but it's a cute song.

Ringo For Santa Claus!
Ringo is great!!
Have you ever heard of 'Thomas the Tank Engine' in the US ? :oops: :lol: (it's a childrens TV show which Ringo did the voice-over for!)

I really like his song on the White album too - 'Don't pass me by' !!
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Yeah...also remember "Shining Time Station"? ;)
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

The Beatles are dying in my order of favorites too. :oops:

Isn't it great, almost magical, that no one in PF has passed on? Considering all the other great bands of that era, I can't think of one that doesn't have the same good fortune. Indeed, there is something special about them.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

John & George -- the other two can rot in hell
I think you will find that it is John and George that will be doing the rotting.
marlowe
Axe
Axe

Post by marlowe »

If Lennon's corpse hasn't rotted and returned to its cosmic state by now, someone obviously pumped too much vinegar into him during the autopsy!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I think all four are my favorites...it would be quite hard to rank them, because John, Paul and George were all fantastic songwriters with different strengths.

It's pretty easy to rank Ringo that way, but you just gotta love the guy.
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

"George laughs at Ringo's sudden apprehension."

8-[ :-s
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

SydsMadcapGirl wrote:"George laughs at Ringo's sudden apprehension."

8-[ :-s
Good... Help! reference...? :)
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:Good... Help! reference...? :)
[-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-] [-D-]

VERY good, FVP.