WHICH ALBUM YOU LIKE THE MOST: TDB OR TFC

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

THE DIVISION BELL. THE SOUND OF IT INTRIGUES ME. IT SOUNDS LIKE THE EARTH HAD BEEN DESTROYED AND THE ONLY THING ALIVE IS YOU BUT YOU CAN HEAR THE ECHOES OF A VANISHED AND DISTANT PINK FLOYD:-({|=
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

id rather have a sugar cube dipped in some sufficiently strong acid,make a cup of tea and drive into a lake whilst listening to the french national
anthem at full blast........and then when i come back from the hospital i may ....just may listen to the final cut. :shock:
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

TDB is a lot better in my opinion, the final cut is a bit TOO gloomy, and the song WDYWFM is a classic.
CHR15
Axe
Axe

Post by CHR15 »

The Final Cut. It's a masterpeice. The album really gets to me. For some reason I feel I can relate to the lyrics even thought they have little to do with me. The division bell isn't bad it has a couple really great tunes on it such as cluster one, Marooned and Keep Talking, but a few weaker ones as well. Dave's guitar playing is great as always. I think some of the best parts of the album are what Rick contributed. Some of the stuff on there seems a little to contrived for me. In general I think the album has to much of a poppy sound to it and the lyrics are pretty bad as well. Then again I do prefer Roger Water's solo work to Gilmor's.
RospoKadu
Embryo
Embryo

Post by RospoKadu »

i think that The Division Bell is a hell of an album, i like almost every song in this album, the only one that i think it is "not listenable" is Wearing The Inside Out............just love Marooned and High Hopes........ the songs in The Final Cut seems to be very repetitive.....im my opinium is the one of the worst Pink Floyd albums