Post by Stephen »

I'm sure it'll come to that . :D
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Re: what's the last album you bought?

Post by Beowulf »

Massed Gadgets wrote:
Beowulf wrote:'All Rights Removed' by Airbag ... its very Floyian in parts, particularly the Gilourish solos.
Hmmm, this is the only album of their's that I've heard. I can sort of hear the PF influence, but I would say it's more like Porcupine Tree. Not bad, but a bit too derivative.
Massed Gadgets wrote:That being said, I've actually really been digging this album the last few days.
Me too! Agreed it is derrivative, and the Porcupine Tree influence is strong too; but it's none the worse for either.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Got the new Steven Wilson album Grace for Drowning. I've only listened to it once so far, but it sounds amazing. I had not been too happy with either The Incident or Insurgentes, but this one definitely redeems Mr. Wilson as far as I'm concerned.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

Massed Gadgets wrote:Got the new Steven Wilson album Grace for Drowning. I've only listened to it once so far, but it sounds amazing. I had not been too happy with either The Incident or Insurgentes, but this one definitely redeems Mr. Wilson as far as I'm concerned.
An outstanding album; absolutely fantastic piece of work.
admiral panther
Hammer
Hammer

Post by admiral panther »

The last real album I bought was Delicate Sound Of Thunder. These days it's amazon mp3s. I've got George Strait, I'm rebuilding my Floyd collection with mp3s from what I haven't converted. Last other one I got was Gdansk. I love it. I guess I always like the latest stuff. Does anybody think there'll be anything new? I'm hoping for at least some Dave and Roger solo stuff. One can dream can't they?
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I don't know. I'd like to think we'll get new music from them but a part of me doesn't want to be disappointed. I so wanted to like On An Island but was underwhelmed. I like the Live at Gdansk album though but mainly for the Pink Floyd osngs.

Back on topic: Experience edition of WYWH. I'm hoping it will arrive any day now.
admiral panther
Hammer
Hammer

Post by admiral panther »

Amazon hs everything on mp3. $.99 a song. I'm going to be doing some early Xmas shopping, as OAI I'm not thriled with it buy I do listen.

ap, formerley known as unc of echoes
henno

Post by henno »

Alcest - Ecailles De Lune

Alcest - Souvenirs d'Un Autre Monde
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

The Beach Boys - The Smile Sessions (2-disk edition)
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

Mechanisms Pt. 1 by Cranium Pie. Amazingly weird early 70s sounding psych/prog crossover tunes - simply fabulous!
http://www.craniumpie.co.uk/
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

I haven't bought an album for some time, but the next one might be WYWH or the new Kate Bush.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

rosm wrote:I haven't bought an album for some time, but the next one might be WYWH or the new Kate Bush.
If this thread is becoming (albeit temporarily) "What's the next album you're going to buy": then probably 'Valour' by Pure Reason Revolution ... though I guess it's an EP and so therefore not an album as such

Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

R.E.M Around the sun. I could rip it of mp3ify and I felt I owed R.E.M a bit of money for rippins some of their other songs since donating to mp3ify and getting unlimted download I also bought the Chronic town e.p last night which only goes a fraction of the way to Michale and Mikes airfair over to the u.k to promote the new album and the band in general which is why I started taking an interest in them again so when about another few hundred or so people buy albums then they'll start making a profit on their u.k sales after covering airfare and hotels etc. I wonder how many people have bought R.E.M albums/songs since Michale and Mike have been over here promoting?
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

Flying pig437 wrote:R.E.M Around the sun. I could rip it of mp3ify and I felt I owed R.E.M a bit of money for rippins some of their other songs since donating to mp3ify and getting unlimted download I also bought the Chronic town e.p last night which only goes a fraction of the way to Michale and Mikes airfair over to the u.k to promote the new album and the band in general which is why I started taking an interest in them again so when about another few hundred or so people buy albums then they'll start making a profit on their u.k sales after covering airfare and hotels etc. I wonder how many people have bought R.E.M albums/songs since Michale and Mike have been over here promoting?
I've tried to 'like' R.E.M. several times; a number of people whose musical tastes largely concur with my views really rate them ... but I just don't get the appeal. Not given up yet; but it won't be long I expect.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Beowulf wrote:Mechanisms Pt. 1 by Cranium Pie. Amazingly weird early 70s sounding psych/prog crossover tunes - simply fabulous!
http://www.craniumpie.co.uk/
I love this album, it's awesome, isn't it?