Rogers Band 2006

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

I didn't think the guitar players on the last tour were anything to write home about to be honest. They did an 'adequate' job if anything.
I wish Roger would have the foresight to find some up and coming guitar player if there are any who isn't afriad to give rein to his own style of playing and use the space at the appropriate times within the songs and give it his own stamp because lets face it, Mr Gilmours sound hasn't yet been properly dealt with by anyone Roger has had on tour with him allbeit apart from a Mr Clapton on some dates in 84. That role has a permanent ' vacant' sign over it !
HeckTo

Re: Rogers Band 2006

Post by HeckTo »

Yucateco wrote: Lemmy Kilminster ? Guitar and Vocals
Wow!
Craig Marion
Blade
Blade

Post by Craig Marion »

PFralst wrote:
That I agree on!
But I would prefer Jon Carin to sing Gilmour's part in CN on In The Flesh DVD instead of Doyle.
I agree to...I like his playing more than his voice.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

the more i think about it... i can?t wait to hear Great Gig done by P.P. Arnold and Katie Kissoon 8)
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

HeckTo wrote:
Yucateco wrote: Lemmy Kilminster ? Guitar and Vocals
Wow!
:lol: :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Jack Dempsey wrote:
The Gigolo Aunt wrote:I have a question, this Harry Waters, is this Rogers son or something?
Yep he's Rogers son
isn't he the one from Ozric Tentacles?
HeckTo

Post by HeckTo »

moom wrote:
Jack Dempsey wrote: Yep he's Rogers son
isn't he the one from Ozric Tentacles?
Yes.
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Rogers Band 2006

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

I am not that familiar with Doyle, but would rather see him sing parts of CN instead of Van Morrison (The Wall, Live in Berlin)
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

Sigh...crying shame he couldn't get someone who could stamp their own flavour on the proceedings guitar-wise. Clapton or Beck would do fine...shame though, coz waters was never happy with the way EC improvised Gilmours parts in the 84 tour so Clapton won't likely bother again...And Jeff Beck is well known for never doing tours as a hired gun..studio only.

He could've gone and found some other decent blues players...sheyit, Mick Taylor, Peter Green...anyone with talent would do thanks...Gilmours licks arent exactly hard....

Having said that, I think those of you that are slamming Doyle are fucking clueless...He is about the best avaliable guitarist (under the age of 60) around...he is of the right background (blues based) and plays with real feel. Jay Stapley was fairly talentless and so was that nubcake that played the wall in berlin.

I want to be optimistic, but, reading this Kilmister lusers website doesn't inspire much hope as his claim to fame is playing on some never heard of albums and a creating a few "how to play like Steve Vai" LP's... Very, very dissapointed. :/ Best I can hope for is that he dies/loses his hands in a freak accident and Snowy White is given free reign...His playing is always great.

Roger, I'll love whatever you do...but really, don't go holding back your band details like it matters when this is the result :/
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

HeckTo wrote:
moom wrote: isn't he the one from Ozric Tentacles?
Yes.
Like father, like son :D
[Jon]
Knife
Knife

Post by [Jon] »

Yucateco wrote:BrainDamage posted the lineup for Rogers 2006 tour. A few people that were expected, a few surprises:

Andy Fairweather Low ? Guitar
Snowy White ? Guitar
Dave Kilminster ? Guitar and Vocals
Jon Carin ? Keyboards
Harry Waters ? Hammond
Graham Broad - Drums
Katie Kissoon, PP Arnold and Carol Kenyon ? Backing Vocals

so Jon Carin is becoming the main floydian keyborder eh? After gilmour floyd, waters 99/00 tour and live 8 he?ll play on both solo tours this year. Quite amazing!
Also great to see Snowy White and AFL again!
Does anybody know anything about Dave Kilminster? Because i don?t remember taht name right now...

Ha ha! here in Detroit, on Sept 18th, we get Mason on drums!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

if his next studio album comes out next year and he tours, I may see him then