smoking,,....anybody tried to give up?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: smoking,,....anybody tried to give up?

Post by Damn!t »

Still a non smoker.
I'm still having a crisis now and then but I'm not so fucked up anymore like I was some 10 days ago.
I'd like to think that the worst is behind me. I'm really determined to quit.
Reading that book now. I hope it will help.

To Ćiro Tull - Damn you!!! :lol:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Good on yer [-D-] Keep it up.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

snifferdog wrote:Banning sunshine. Now who's being facetious? :roll:
I'm not being facetious at all. I am malignantly mocking your stance in an effort to show you how it demands that other people conform to your desires.

Typical woman. :lol: :P
rosm wrote:1. True, but I'm not interested in reading something I'm not interested in.

2. Didn't you say you were trying to stop smoking yourself? So you want to become one of those annoying non-smokers.

3. And if you really want to quit: QUIT and don't play with those sticks...
But that's just my opinion.
1. I can understand, appreciate and respect that. However, I also cannot resist pointing out to you that your attempt at appearing coolly indifferent doesn't change the fact that your question was moot and pointless. The answer was right there in front of your face and you chose to ignore it. You deserve my mockery for that. :D

2. Not at all. The most annoying non-smokers, to my way of thinking, are those who never have smoked. Those who give it up have (on the whole) more tolerance for people who still smoke, because they've been there themselves. They still have the urge to light up occasionally, they know what it's like.

People who have never smoked in their lives are (by definition) completely ignorant of what being a smoker entails. As such, it is my opinion that they should keep their fecking mouths shut on the subject since it is impossible for them to speak knowingly about it.

3. Maybe that'd work for you. But I'm not you, am I?
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I don't smoke. Its ages you a lot faster then people who don't smoke plus you get all kinds of cancers and problems with your lungs and heart and sometimes even more. If you don't die your really lucky but sometimes you will have a terrible old age with tons of health problems. I am not a doctor but I have picked these fact from people who are doctors so I kind of know my stuff.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

mosespa wrote:
I'm not being facetious at all. I am malignantly mocking your stance in an effort to show you how it demands that other people conform to your desires.

Typical woman. :lol: :P
I don't see anything wrong with other people conforming to my desires! :twisted:

We'll have to agree to disagree on the matter. I'm lucky enough to live in a country where they've brought in a smoking ban in public places and it's great 8)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

snifferdog wrote:
1. I don't see anything wrong with other people conforming to my desires! :twisted:

2. We'll have to agree to disagree on the matter. I'm lucky enough to live in a country where they've brought in a smoking ban in public places and it's great 8)
1. Of course you don't...you're a woman. (Please notice the complete absence of smilies, here.)

2. And I'm unlucky enough to live in a country where, in the name of "public health," people who wish to smoke in the wintertime have to subject themselves to the possibility of pneumonia.

What non-smokers don't realize is that in the meantime, some of them will continue to die from things like cancer, emphesema and high-blood pressure-related things...whether they're "forced" to be "subjected" to "second-hand smoke" or not.

There are things other than cigarette smoke that cause these maladies. When smoking disappears from this planet entirely and people are still dying from these things, what will they ban next?

And dammit!! I just want to know how long it'll be before they finally make it to where I no longer have to make ANY decisions and/or choices for myself. When, oh when, will they take away my responsibilities for making my own decisions/choices?

WHEN???!?!?!?!?!?!?! :roll: :roll:
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

mosespa wrote:
snifferdog wrote: WHEN???!?!?!?!?!?!?! :roll: :roll:
It's already started mose, but you can't still see that!!:twisted:

:lol:
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Damn!t wrote:
To Ćiro Tull - Damn you!!! :lol:
:lol:

Very good my friend! Keep going on! [-D-]
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

I'm going to start a new business. "Smoker's Closet's". I'll pull up in a U-Haul, and the smokers can all get in it and burn each other in the legs, meanwhile discussing their oppression between coughs and hacks. And if they stay in there long enough, they will expire from the idiocy of it all. I'll make a fortune!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

If you REALLY want to make money, you'll soundproof the hell out of the U-Hauls so that smokers can drag non-smokers inside and beat the shit out of them...just as they deserve. :lol:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Can I get a closet for beating up folk with irony bypasses? :twisted:
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

mosespa wrote:1. I can understand, appreciate and respect that. However, I also cannot resist pointing out to you that your attempt at appearing coolly indifferent doesn't change the fact that your question was moot and pointless. The answer was right there in front of your face and you chose to ignore it. You deserve my mockery for that. :D

2. Not at all. The most annoying non-smokers, to my way of thinking, are those who never have smoked. Those who give it up have (on the whole) more tolerance for people who still smoke, because they've been there themselves. They still have the urge to light up occasionally, they know what it's like.

People who have never smoked in their lives are (by definition) completely ignorant of what being a smoker entails. As such, it is my opinion that they should keep their fecking mouths shut on the subject since it is impossible for them to speak knowingly about it.

3. Maybe that'd work for you. But I'm not you, am I?
1. No problem. I wasn't trying to be cool, I was just being lazy.
2. I still sometimes feel the desire to smoke, but that's only occasionally and doesn't last more than a second. The other hours/days/weeks I enjoy not having to smoke.
3. True. But I am very glad it worked for me.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I'm sure Mossy will come back with a predictable tirade against me for being a woman and, even worse, being a woman who doesn't smoke. Of course a man would never think such thoughts. Yawn.

If people want to smoke they should be allowed to do it. There are still plenty of places where they can smoke. Outdoors, in their cars, in their houses, in designated smoking areas. Nobody is talking about banning smoking, least of all me.

What I have a big problem with is people smoking in an enclosed space with people who don't smoke. That is taking away a choice - the choice of people who don't smoke to be in a place where there is smoke. If someone wants to drink, eat rubbish etc., they can do that. It doesn't directly affect the people around them. Not smoking. What exactly is wrong with people not being able to go to the pub/cinema/restaurant in a smoke free environment anyway? I thought being able to come home not stinking like an ashtray, without stinging eyes and without having to take an inhaler for asthma are good things. Or does the right of a smoker to inflict their second hand smoke on non smoker scum over-ride this?
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Smoking is a personal choice when it affects only the willing participants ... a bit like religion, therefore it could be argued smokers in enclosed public spaces (bars , restraunts etc) are akin to religious nutjobs handing out leaflets and pushing their "ideals" down your throat ...
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

There's nothing worse than a chain smoking Jehovahs Witness on your doorstep.