smoking,,....anybody tried to give up?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
apocalypse
Knife
Knife

Re: smoking,,....anybody tried to give up?

Post by apocalypse »

I gave up, it took like 2 years goin from ciggies to rollies to only smoking when I drink. I kinna cut well back on my drinking too, only go for a drink maybe once a month these days, from 2 years ago where I was gettin drunk 4 days of the week minimum and taking a lot of class A's. I hit a turning point in my life and I don't like what drink and the class a's did to me so I cut back. Now I enjoy (maybe once or twice a year when in season) a few magic mushrooms. I do have the odd spliff now and again but I used to smoke every day quite constantly for about 3 or 4 years, and I've cut that back too since september this year (in fact since September I've only bought it once, over Halloween). I never consciously went off anything before but I've really noticed a change since I cut back on the hash, I can think far more clearly (which is an asset this year as I'm doin a masters so under quite some pressure) I am not as iritable and funnily enough I am more relaxed with my approach to work and I can get out of bed in the mornings a lot easier. (I started a new job a couple of weeks ago, Tescos working with the deliveries my shift is 6am to 1 pm on a saturday mornin)
I'm not preachin to people to give up drugs cause its up to them, but I'm feelin a hell of a lot better since I calmed down. Anyway, quitting isn't as hard as you may think, yes it i hell for a while but you just gotta stick with it and it is possible, without patches, hypnotherapy and all that other bullshit they try to sell.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Here's an easy solution:

Everybody switch from cigarettes to weed. :lol: :lol: :lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

bpmolder wrote:Here's an easy solution:

Everybody switch from cigarettes to weed. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What? Like Giant Hogweed or dandelions?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I was trying to quit...then, my daughter decided to inform me that I "don't matter," that I'm "a piece of shit dad...just a sperm doner that I care nothing about," etc. etc. etc.

Needless to say, I've been smoking at my regular rate of about a pack a day since.

Keeping the weed going, too :D

Now...to mix a drink.
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

Post by iwantmypinkfloydnow »

Oh your smoking weed with cig's. That's actually a good thing, weed is known to reduce tumors and keep cig smokers alive a bit longer.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

mosespa wrote:I was trying to quit...then, my daughter decided to inform me that I "don't matter," that I'm "a piece of shit dad...just a sperm doner that I care nothing about," etc. etc. etc.
Sounds like a teenager to me, mossy. I remember saying worse to my father. Don't get me wrong though, he earned it, as he was an asshole of the highest order, but they say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :lol:
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

mosespa wrote:I was trying to quit...then, my daughter decided to inform me that I "don't matter," that I'm "a piece of shit dad...just a sperm doner that I care nothing about," etc. etc. etc.
Isn't it nice to know you are regarded higher here on NPF, than you are at home. 8)

But seriously folks, it is better to quit on your own accord, as opposed to having your health dictate that you do. It finally came to that for me, it is a major bitch. As far as the magic weed is concerned, I'll find a way to partake til they pry it from my cold dead hands.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I have given up on smoking. It has been a few days, but seems longer. I am still experiencing withdrawal...basically I can't focus on anything too much. I'm wondering how I can fill the void. Weed? Hmmm, sounds good, I tried some, I bought some...hmmm, gets a bit boring...sex! That is the answer! More sex. I mean, that IS the reason I quit - so I can continue on into my 80's like the Stones. :lol:
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

nosaj wrote: ...a few days
You're still a smoker nosaj. You'll be able to say "I quit" after few months, not days.
Anyway, good luck with it... and good luck to the people who suround you lol...
Start knitting...that might help.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

One of my workmates quit smoking a couple of years ago when the smoking ban came in. To help her get over the nicotine cravings, she started buying those nicotine tabs. Three and a half years later, she's still taking the tablets!
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I'm still smoking the odd cigarette...it ain't easy.
henno

Post by henno »

my wife is in the process of giving up the smokes......

*gulp*...... already seeing some of the mood changes..... 8-[ ..... :smt076
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Good luck man. You'll need it! :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

bpmolder wrote:
Damn!t wrote:I'm sorry to hear that about your family molder.
That's very kind, Bran. I just wish that if people were to insist on continuing to smoke that they had a way to switch to pure tobacco that doesn't have all the chemicals that cigarettes do now. Unfortunately, like with so many other things, the government is making too much money from things being the way they are. They are just fine with letting people continue to be poisoned and die slowly.
That's the problem...

Government (and some other "people") care for the money alone. They're devils, and they know that!! "If I had my way, I'd have all of (them) shot", - well, about one thing the fascist Pink was right.

And second thing, people are used to fool themselves and to getting fooled. :( Victims of carelessness and brainwash...
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I could use a good brainwash. :lol: