Phone calls from the audience: what would you say?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Wiggy Mopp
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Wiggy Mopp »

I'd ask him - no - demand he forgave Gilmour and go do another Pink Floyd album.

Too much, eh... :cry:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

peesea wrote:Its quite funny listening to the boots from those shows...The people are, without exception, embarassing nerds/hysterical women asking him the most lamearse stuff or whining about their seat positions etc...
:shock:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I'd actually ask him if he ever plans to come to Estonia
ariceffron
Axe
Axe

Post by ariceffron »

are you sure? how did the audience get to make the "phone call" anyway, where there pay phones set up? are you sure roger took questions in the middle of the show? that is so weird. can u explain further
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

*bring bring*
Hey Roger, Where do babies come from???

or...
*bring bring*

STAIRWAY TO HEAVENNNNNN!!!!! PLAY STAIRWAY!
bet your guitarist cannot play Marooned......
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

ariceffron wrote:are you sure? how did the audience get to make the "phone call" anyway, where there pay phones set up? are you sure roger took questions in the middle of the show? that is so weird. can u explain further
hmm master of show gies Rogs phone number (mobile, of course ;) , and there you go
HeckTo

Post by HeckTo »

ariceffron wrote:are you sure? how did the audience get to make the "phone call" anyway, where there pay phones set up? are you sure roger took questions in the middle of the show? that is so weird. can u explain further
Yeah....

And mobile phones weren't very popular back in 1987.
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

I think a booth was setup. I maybe wrong... but I did read it somewhere.
henno

Post by henno »

gone fox hunting lately???
HeckTo

Post by HeckTo »

No, I haven't been fox hunting lately.
henno

Post by henno »

:D

do you want to go next week end?? i'll bring the stirrups..
HeckTo

Post by HeckTo »

Next saturday's fine. I'll bring the bait.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

HeckTo wrote:
Yeah....

And mobile phones weren't very popular back in 1987.
but they existed
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Generally they were pay phones set near the back of the hall. Yes, of course I'm sure cause I've heard the recordings myself. Several times I've heard people say "I can't stay long cause I've only got 10 pence" or something like that"

How it worked was Jim Ladd would introduce it as "Call from the hall" time and people would start calling in, and they would take 6-8 questions per show.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:
Generally they were pay phones set near the back of the hall. Yes, of course I'm sure cause I've heard the recordings myself. Several times I've heard people say "I can't stay long cause I've only got 10 pence" or something like that"

How it worked was Jim Ladd would introduce it as "Call from the hall" time and people would start calling in, and they would take 6-8 questions per show.
oh, okay, thanx for sharing that ;)