Top 5 bands?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Mario wrote:5. R.E.M.
Which did you prefer then, pre Warner REM or post Warner REM?

Pre Warner for me anyday :D
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

they all great.... my favorites are Fables of reconstruction and new adventures in Hi-fi..... REM is one of my music gods
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

My 5 are

Pink Floyd
Christine Aguilera
Blue
Justin Timberlake
Color Me Badd

cool beans X-tina is one of my faves. but why Justin my friend.
eternalechoes
Axe
Axe

Post by eternalechoes »

I can't remember if I posted this before, maybe in the favorite band thread... Here's my top 5 at the moment (it changes about every month anyway... except for the top 2):

1. Pink Floyd
2. Opeth
3. Immortal
4. Tool
5. Naglfar
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

1. Tool
2. Radiohead
3. Pink Floyd
4. Metallica

Picking a 5th would be impossible.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Matti wrote:they all great.... my favorites are Fables of reconstruction and new adventures in Hi-fi..... REM is one of my music gods
I reckon Murmur was REMs finest, an album they never surpassed, back in those days they were a totally different band raw, underproduced and creative rather than slightly overproduced and mellow.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

David Smith wrote:
Matti wrote:they all great.... my favorites are Fables of reconstruction and new adventures in Hi-fi..... REM is one of my music gods
I reckon Murmur was REMs finest, an album they never surpassed, back in those days they were a totally different band raw, underproduced and creative rather than slightly overproduced and mellow.
uh, oh, ah.. Do I insult your religion? :lol: :D
its so stupid say that REM has become overproduced and mellow. They are rock&rolls nicest guys and they still continue to provide great music sincerley. I cant compare REM albums. I love them all! :D but fables is they true masterpiece and darkest album they have ever provided.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Matti wrote:uh, oh, ah.. Do I insult your religion? :lol: :D
its so stupid say that REM has become overproduced and mellow. They are rock&rolls nicest guys and they still continue to provide great music sincerley. I cant compare REM albums. I love them all! :D but fables is they true masterpiece and darkest album they have ever provided.
I liked their earlier stuff just 'cause it was more lively and you could really get the impression of a band improving. When they reached Out Of Time however they stopped being so rock n roll IMO and became more pop oriented.

And before you get the wrong impression i'm not a mad REM fan or anything, i'm just very fond of some of their earlier albums.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

David Smith wrote:
Matti wrote:uh, oh, ah.. Do I insult your religion? :lol: :D
I liked their earlier stuff just 'cause it was more lively and you could really get the impression of a band improving. When they reached Out Of Time however they stopped being so rock n roll IMO and became more pop oriented.

And before you get the wrong impression i'm not a mad REM fan or anything, i'm just very fond of some of their earlier albums.
You are so wrong. AUTOMATIC FOR PEOPLE! best album in the world?? so full of emotion.
Monster was pure rock and so was Hi-Fi but which was very heavy. I think problems started with UP (bill berry left the band) they provided classics during warner era and some disappointments (green, Up, Reveal)
but i bet the next album is gonna be great. They are releasing greatest hits soon (warnet era :roll: so its not gonna be greatest songs) they are amazing... dount argue with me about this one :wink: :)
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Ok, i won't argue they're an amazing band, we both know that much :D
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

1. Pink Floyd
2. The Beatles
3. U2
4. Rush