I FINALLY Met A Fellow NPFer!

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

wull goldurnit I just moved outa town too
not quite so far's Mass Gadgets but my Parkdale address is history
I will be dropping in on the ocasional weekend, maybe once a month
I never suggested a pint before cuz I figure folks like their privacy
but I'm always thirsty and happy to talk Floydian geekery

Mooners one person I kick myself for never having bought a pint
when I joined NPF 2 years ago I was living just down the road from him
and I must owe him about 5 kegs worth for all the vines and freebies since then
(dont think he drinks beer, but some thang)
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Okay NPFers, I am open to boozey evenings and "geeky Floyd talk" - pm me if you're in or visiting Toronto, and I might be able to find time...I do not check my emails or go online after 5pm on Fridays till 9am Monday morning...

...a summer invitation, patios (where I can still smoke).

I also go away a lot on weekends.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

There are only 4 (i think) prominent Aussie NPFers, but they both live in different states, and one on an island (no pun intended).

Certain other NPF members will be meeting me soon...muhahaHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

*cleans shotgun*
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Hey, I got one pm so far. But, I think at least one more person and we have a bit of a group...beer on a patio!!! I thought you would be booking your tickets.

You see, I'm sort of a closet Pink Floyd fan, which means I really don't have friends who are that into them - and I don't let on too much about it anymore - just wondering what kind of freaks you are.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Is there any NPFers from around the London area?
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

azza200 wrote:Is there any NPFers from around the London area?
Markyboyacebassist
Vickc007

:)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have never met any of you other than a couple of my personal friends who have posted on here.... but I knew them before making this site so they dont count!!

I hope to meet loads of you at the NPF show in Brighton and I may even pop up to the Scottish one! 8)
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Keith Jordan wrote:I may even pop up to the Scottish one! 8)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Herro Keith! Can I hug you like a lost brother?
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

well if any NPF People find them selves in nova scotia let me know and maybe we can get to gether for a coffee or a Beer :D
matknny
Hammer
Hammer

Post by matknny »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Small world eh Shan?

I've met a few NPF-ers and hope to meet more soon in september, the ones so far...

publicimage
You would have met me but i had to home instead of going with Roger
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

matknny wrote:You would have met me but i had to home instead of going with Roger
You got off lucky with that one Stu!
matknny
Hammer
Hammer

Post by matknny »

PublicImage wrote:
matknny wrote:You would have met me but i had to home instead of going with Roger
You got off lucky with that one Stu!
Lay off man
momentaryhawking

Post by momentaryhawking »

Just wanted to say that from what I've read, It was very lucky for me to hook up with a local NPFER! i'm definetely happy we got to meet and so is Sean(whom I have to talk into joining-I'm his medium so far for NPF). I also want to thank obscuredechoes on our next meeting for lending me the Sun Devil Stadium show from Phoenix! Sean and I have been looking for a copy of that for years! It was a pleasure to finally be able to reexperience it! And Shannon you are so cool and thanks for letting us check out your collection on our last meeting! It does pay to advertise! Talk to ya later. MomentaryHawking
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

Post by iwantmypinkfloydnow »

mosespa wrote:Great story, Shan.

I don't think I've met anyone from here in "real life"...Alpyne doesn't count because I knew him before he signed up here.

However, I met a guy named Jayraj Doshi from an old board (now defunct,) and I met a woman named Emily (real name AND screen name) from the "official board" before it was shut down.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it to England in September...it looks more like not, to be honest...but I'm still going to give it my best shot.

I think it would be really killer to meet some fellow NPF-ers.

*Beavis laugh*

I said "F-ers."
One of these days we will.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Jerry and Sean came by again, the other night... I heard the scream from DSotM- (you all know which one I mean- )coming from the street; so I yelled to Jim to open the door, cuz it was obviously for me... :smt041 (Sean has a kick-ass sound system in his truck.)
They brought a few tidbits for me to drool over, and I'd burned them each a short stack of roio's, so we had a pretty cool night together. Sean brought his personally autographed, hard-cover British copy of Inside-Out... unbelievable! What a treasure that is- Lucky dog!!! I then felt compelled to show him the pictures I have of my friends AT book signings, meeting Mr.Mason.... heh heh heh... especially the one of Rob, (Stephen;) knelt down, next to Nick, at the table, rather than across the table from him, shaking his hand.... Yup- that's a keeper. :D
They hung out with us til about 3:30 a.m., or so-
We're talking about having a little Pulse party, on Tuesday, when it's released....assuming it GETS released, this time... :roll: And hey!!! Tuesday's payday, for me....yippeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!