New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Fantastic site

Post by moom »

Vera Lynn wrote:Sorry to deceive you Moom, but I'm not a lady, I'm a man,my user name is Vera Lynn, one of my favorite PF song ,and it was avaiable,my name is Ray, but anyway, I do beleive you're still a gentleman !
erm... *puts his hat back on* :roll: 8-[ peanuts, anyone :) ?
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

you feel alive?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

yes, but Dead Can Dance. And tho "I have an elephant's memory, I forget what an elephant remembered" ("Ed, Edd & Eddy", an episode from some season)
Edel
Axe
Axe

Post by Edel »

Greetings from Norway!

I'm a 31-year-old lady (so hats off for me, Moom :lol: ) living in the middle part of Norway. I discovered Pink Floyd in 87 and has been an on and off fan since then. With all this activity from Mr. Waters this last year, I have been in a very ON phase for quite some time now.

I'm going to my fourth Pink Floyd-related concert in April, eagerly waiting to see Roger Waters in action again, this time in Bergen. The other concerts I have been to are Pink Floyd in Oslo 94, and Roger Waters in Oslo and in Stavanger this year. I desperately wanted to attend Roger's concert in Oslo in 2002 as well, but could not go due to my due date being only three days after the concert date and me living too far away from Oslo. Very bad timing indeed!

I have been a subscriber to NPFs newsletter for a long time now, and figured it was about time to start using the forum as well. Please excuse any bad english in my posts, it is not my native language. Laugh at my bad english, and I'll hunt you down, force you to speak norwegian and then laugh at you! :twisted:
henno

Post by henno »

Welcome Edel...

dont worry about your english, its better than some of out UK based friends here!!

:D
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Especially the pissed Irish ones :P
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

not as bad as Aussies with green hats!
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

At least we can keep it together when we drink!

(except for the pissing in public and being arrested, and the certain drunken posts of mine in the past :P)
Shaped Sound
Axe
Axe

Post by Shaped Sound »

Hi everybody, my new friend Groovybass77 suggested I post a note here as way of introduction.
My name is Ronn, I play bass and live in Austin,Texas. Been a Floyd fan since 1974 when my high school Astro-Science teacher(we had a planetarium in our school, it was our classroom) on Fridays used to turn off all the lights, turn on the stars, and play DSOTM thru the quad sound system. Ahh..the 70s.
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

nice, hello and welcome
WishIwasthere
Hammer
Hammer

Post by WishIwasthere »

Hello from Australia Ronn. Great story. Even greater to have you with us. :D
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Shaped Sound wrote:Been a Floyd fan since 1974 when my high school Astro-Science teacher(we had a planetarium in our school, it was our classroom) on Fridays used to turn off all the lights, turn on the stars, and play DSOTM thru the quad sound system. Ahh..the 70s.
see thats whats wrong with the school system today
all standardised testing and metal detectors and police lockdowns
no listening to Floyd albums in the dark on Friday afternoon
did the teacher pass round a waterbong for the more advanced students?
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Shaped Sound wrote:Hi everybody, my new friend Groovybass77 suggested I post a note here as way of introduction.
My name is Ronn, I play bass and live in Austin,Texas. Been a Floyd fan since 1974 when my high school Astro-Science teacher(we had a planetarium in our school, it was our classroom) on Fridays used to turn off all the lights, turn on the stars, and play DSOTM thru the quad sound system. Ahh..the 70s.
I remember the 70's very well, man!!!! Sounds like a cool teacher. I had one high school English teacher who, for the third term, had us studying the music and lyrics of Jim Morrison and...get this...Nick Drake!!!! She left a big impression on me, that's for sure. Anyways, welcome aboard, Ronn.
Mr Tuck
Blade
Blade

Post by Mr Tuck »

Evening all,
names tucker, im 17 from Surrey in England. Have a passion for the music of pink floyd and hope to meet some like-minded people 8)

I am currently studying journalism and publishing and have a great interest in VWs.

Well thats me. Wanna know any more, feel free to ask :D

Peace out, Happy posting :lol:
The Great Pig In The Sky
Knife
Knife

Post by The Great Pig In The Sky »

:smt006