who has had the better solo tours

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

Roger's K.A.O.S show was a multi-media tour...one of the best shows I've ever seen...
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

This year Roger's tour was by far a lot better then David's , in music but more visual then David's.

David did put to much effort in macking a well planned and at least honurable for his name, tour.

Ah well, I JUST LIKE ROGER'S TOUR 2006.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

The Ballad Of Pink Floyd wrote:This year Roger's tour was by far a lot better then David's , in music but more visual then David's.

David did put to much effort in macking a well planned and at least honurable for his name, tour.
Surely you are not saying that 'musically', Rogers tour was better ?
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

Rick's Broken China is my favorite solo record

1.Broken China
2.The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hihicking
3.On An Island
4.David Gilmour
5.Amused To Death
6.About Face
7.Profiles
8.Radio KAOS
9.The Madcap Laughts
10.Barrett
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

The Ballad Of Pink Floyd wrote:Rick's Broken China is my favorite solo record

1.Broken China
2.The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hihicking
3.On An Island
4.David Gilmour
5.Amused To Death
6.About Face
7.Profiles
8.Radio KAOS
9.The Madcap Laughts
10.Barrett
its solo tours not albums 8)
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

This is in the wrong forum subhead...but anyway...

After seeing both guys play live and enjoying both very much I'd have to say Roger wins hands down. His show had an intensity that Daves was lacking. Even DSOTM felt fresh and exiting (unlike how it was on pulse).
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

peesea wrote:
After seeing both guys play live and enjoying both very much I'd have to say Roger wins hands down. His show had an intensity that Daves was lacking. Even DSOTM felt fresh and exiting (unlike how it was on pulse).
You know, i still have Gilmours show reverberating around in my subconcious as the whole evening the hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end and i haven't been to a better show in years.
I didn't see Water's tour mainly because of the lack of solo material from Amused to Death but reading the comments here, i am beginning to regret it a little but you know, i just have always felt that he just cannot replicate the PF songs close enough for me mainly due to the guitar players he hires but it's all down to opinion i know.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

David easily considering since he has gone back on the road for his last few shows he has added songs for SYD and has played songs which they have hardly rehearsed and goes ahead to play them that night. :shock: 8) plsu his setlist is always different Rogers is still the same :roll: :?
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Roger Waters.

Dave Tours don't do it for me. By David tours I mean AMLOR tour or PULSE tour. Good visuals, unoriginal, tired-sounding music.
TheJoker
Blade
Blade

Post by TheJoker »

Roger used to have great tours, David had an excellent on in 1984 as well. Currently? My answer to that is DAVID without adoubt. Roger is lip-synching wich is a shame and a fraud towards his fans. :evil: :( + David and Rick playes 'Echoes' etc.
Waters Fan 60
Axe
Axe

Post by Waters Fan 60 »

Rogers over all is better to me. Daves might be if I liked On an Island. I do like how Dave changes his set list more.
TheJoker
Blade
Blade

Post by TheJoker »

Waters Fan 60 wrote:Rogers over all is better to me. Daves might be if I liked On an Island. I do like how Dave changes his set list more.
Roger can't change his, as it is much fuzz with the pre-recorded vocal tapes etc. to synch them with the performance. :evil:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

TheJoker wrote:
Waters Fan 60 wrote:Rogers over all is better to me. Daves might be if I liked On an Island. I do like how Dave changes his set list more.
Roger can't change his, as it is much fuzz with the pre-recorded vocal tapes etc. to synch them with the performance. :evil:
Large and significant parts of David's show are pre-recorded! The entire first half of Castellerozion is pre-recorded??
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Keith Jordan wrote:
TheJoker wrote: Roger can't change his, as it is much fuzz with the pre-recorded vocal tapes etc. to synch them with the performance. :evil:
Large and significant parts of David's show are pre-recorded! The entire first half of Castellerozion is pre-recorded??
ahhhhhh but theres no singing :wink:
TheJoker
Blade
Blade

Post by TheJoker »

Keith Jordan wrote:
TheJoker wrote: Roger can't change his, as it is much fuzz with the pre-recorded vocal tapes etc. to synch them with the performance. :evil:
I was talking about vocals, I just think it is below the creative genious Roger is, to lip-synch to his fans on 3 or more songs. He should replace those songs with songs he can sing, like 'Folded Flags' or 'If' for instance. I didn't believe in the lip-synching rumours in 2002, and I didn't notice when I saw him then, but now it is so obvious. IMO there is no excuse lip-synching, and don't say "It is his songs, so he has all the right to do so..." or something. I heard that from a few persons over at AFG. I would feel the same if David, Rick or anyone did the same. Lip-synching and miming to songs like on the 'Rock In Rio' DvD is what teen-queens and Madonna does, not the creative genious of Pink Floyd, and one of the best lyricists in the world would do.