Post by corie »

http://www.pfapublishing.com/CNBpromo.htm

yes ! pick one up great book
sagetavigirl
Blade
Blade

Re: Vernon Fitch - Comfortably Numb: A History Of The Wall

Post by sagetavigirl »

Definately! I got mine months ago, but I do know they still have some in stock. You must get one before they are all gone though!!! Great book! Awesome photo's!!!
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

Mine was number 1246 and I purchased it this April. So you've probably got a chance that some copies are still in stock.
It's a very informative book without gossip.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Sorry for a small off-topic, but I can't find the topic about "The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia", also by dear mr Fitch :) I'm looking for it coz I have a question about the additional CD in it...
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

moom wrote:Sorry for a small off-topic, but I can't find the topic about "The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia", also by dear mr Fitch :) I'm looking for it coz I have a question about the additional CD in it...
what do you want to know about the CD
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

One of those little things I just noticed: In the picture at the bottom of Vernon Fitch's book on page 199, you can see two of the three projectors mounted in the seating area for showing movies on the wall. I'd been trying to figure out where they positioned those (since it's basically Cinerama technology and I'm interested in that)...I'm kind of surprised they worked that well from that far back! They were projecting across almost the full length of the arena. It's not that important, but Vernon do you happen to know off-hand if the three synced projectors were 35mm or 70mm? AFAIK Mr. Screen was still 35mm at that time (until it was 70mm at Berlin '90 and Pulse)....
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

drafsack wrote:
moom wrote:Sorry for a small off-topic, but I can't find the topic about "The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia", also by dear mr Fitch :) I'm looking for it coz I have a question about the additional CD in it...
what do you want to know about the CD
It is a CD of Hawkwind paying a tribute to PF (haven't listened), and the track-list is as follows: "Interstaller Overdrive", "Hyperdrive reprise", and "A Saucerful of Secrets". While IO is credited to PF, and HR - to Dave Brock, why is ASOS credited to him as well? thanks in advance :) .
FitchV
Axe
Axe

Post by FitchV »

One of those little things I just noticed: In the picture at the bottom of Vernon Fitch's book on page 199, you can see two of the three projectors mounted in the seating area for showing movies on the wall. I'd been trying to figure out where they positioned those (since it's basically Cinerama technology and I'm interested in that)...I'm kind of surprised they worked that well from that far back! They were projecting across almost the full length of the arena. It's not that important, but Vernon do you happen to know off-hand if the three synced projectors were 35mm or 70mm? AFAIK Mr. Screen was still 35mm at that time (until it was 70mm at Berlin '90 and Pulse)....
For The Wall shows they used three 35mm projectors for the front (Wall) projections. These projectors were Mag-linked to two eight-track tape recorders with the sound effects in order to project the movies and synch the audio effects and the band (via click) to the movies. The circular screen behind the band also used a 35mm projector, although it was back projected (as opposed to the Wall movies which were obviously front projected). The circular screen was a 9 meter circular screen at this point.
FitchV
Axe
Axe

Post by FitchV »

It is a CD of Hawkwind paying a tribute to PF (haven't listened), and the track-list is as follows: "Interstaller Overdrive", "Hyperdrive reprise", and "A Saucerful of Secrets". While IO is credited to PF, and HR - to Dave Brock, why is ASOS credited to him as well? thanks in advance.
The third edition of the Pink Floyd Encyclopedia has a bonus Hawkwind CD with it, that contains the following tracks:
1) Interstellar Overdrive
2) Hyperdrive Reprise
3) A Saucerful of Secrets (Reprise)

The last track is a new song by Brock, and is not the same as the song A Saucerful of Secrets by Pink Floyd, although it is based thematically on it. The song is correctly titled on the book cover, but the CD is confusing as it lists the song as A Saucerful of Secrets, which it is not.

For those who own earlier editions of The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia (the first and second editions), only the first two songs are on the CD that came with those two editions.

Vernon Fitch
Pink Floyd Archives
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Wow, it's real nice to hear an answer from the author himself :D thanks.
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

Vernon , when can we expect more of your excellent work ?
FitchV
Axe
Axe

Post by FitchV »

Vernon , when can we expect more of your excellent work ?
Hi all,

A new book that I have been helping out with should be out later this year.

My next book, which will carry on the history of the band where the Comfortably Numb book left off, will be published sometime next year.

Thank for asking.

Vernon Fitch
Pink Floyd Archives
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

looking forward to more info ...
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

It's gonna be really interesting to read about one of my most fav albums, The Final Cut, won't it, Vernon :D ?