Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am still waiting for mine! Should have paid for the airmail!!! :lol:
Meneer Jansen
Knife
Knife

Post by Meneer Jansen »

Will all studio/extra musicians be listed with what they played on the almum? Jef Porcaro jumps to mind to name but one. :wink:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Meneer Jansen wrote:Will all studio/extra musicians be listed with what they played on the almum? Jef Porcaro jumps to mind to name but one. :wink:
Yes, Jeff Porcaro is finally credited.

Not EVERY musician is named...for example, on BTBBH, there are something like 35 snare drummers. They are not mentioned by name...but the fact that 35 snare drummers were all rounded up kind of on-the-fly is mentioned...some of them are described to an extent, lol.

Lee Ritenour is mentioned...hell, even the actress who played the GROUPIE in OOMT is mentioned.
Meneer Jansen
Knife
Knife

Post by Meneer Jansen »

Finally people get credit for helping to create the most successfull rock album of all time. Well deserved. :)

P.S. Do you think the Floyd (Roger?) will finally alter the album credits, or sue the people (David, Rick & Nick?) that messed up the Wall's artwork when issuing it on CD? :wink:
johnjohnstone
Knife
Knife

Post by johnjohnstone »

Just got my copy (#311) via surface mail to the UK today.

Vernon, I must say that the book is awesome, both in presentation and content. The amount of detail is mind-blowing and must have taken ages to pull together. I can't wait to get stuck into it! Woohoo!

Nice touch, I hadn't realised that both you and Richard Mahon would sign it.

What is the next one going to be about? Put me down for a copy!

John
FitchV
Axe
Axe

Post by FitchV »

T
johnjohnstone wrote:Just got my copy (#311) via surface mail to the UK today.

Vernon, I must say that the book is awesome, both in presentation and content. The amount of detail is mind-blowing and must have taken ages to pull together. I can't wait to get stuck into it! Woohoo!

Nice touch, I hadn't realised that both you and Richard Mahon would sign it.

What is the next one going to be about? Put me down for a copy!

John
Thanks John. I am glad to hear that the book arrived safely. Surface Mail takes such a long time. I wish I could speed it up for everyone. (Keith, you should be getting your copy any day now)

Also, glad to hear that you like the book. :-) Yes, every copy is hand stamped, hand numbered, and personally signed by both Richard and myself. We wanted to give everyone a very special type of book that will increase in value over the years. Not only is this the very first book published by PFA Publishing (PFA #001) but every copy is unique, and signed!

The next book that is in the works is Pink Floyd-The Wall Movie. It will be similar in nature to the Comfortably Numb book, and will include coverage of TFC. Everyone who ordered the Comfortably Numb book will have the first chance to get the next book. But it wont be out until late next year.

Looking forward to hearing any comments you have about the content of the book once you get a chence to read through it all.

Thanks!

Vernon Fitch
Pink Floyd Archives
ponkine
Blade
Blade

Post by ponkine »

Hola Vernon :wink:

thanks for your e-mail. I couldn't complete the request by paypal but I talked with my sister and she's going to do soon :D

did you send the request to my sister as well?

I'm dying to see and read the book :smt041

If I need something else I will e-mail you, now the only thing that I left to do is waiting

:smt023
Coma Divine
Blade
Blade

Post by Coma Divine »

Mine arrived yesterday! (#528) A week to Oz via Airmail.

I'm really looking forward to ploughing through this magnificent tome...such an exquisite literary portrayal of the construction of one of history's greatest albums.

And signed, to boot. :smt041

Outstanding work. Thanks.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I finally picked mine up from the post office - the 3 week limit was nearly up :oops:

Anyway its a fantastic book and up there with the best.

On the down side the fly leaf is damaged :x so I'll be mailing Vernon to see if there is a posability of another.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Yay!! My copy arrived yesterday and I am going to start reading it this bank holiday weekend!! Yay!! 8)
ponkine
Blade
Blade

Post by ponkine »

Finally my sister (or her husband's mother, I'm not sure) ordered a copy :smt041 :smt020 :smt023

I didn't order one because I couldn't ... I don't have a credit card :smt021 so the easiest way was pay my sister when she is coming here in January !!

Now all I have to do is Waiting For The Bricks :mrgreen:

PS: For Vernon. Did Roger, Dave, or other related member say you something about releasing The Wall Live DVD Film in the near future :smt009 Do you know some info?

[-o<
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

I've been looking through the book now (I read it on the airplane ride back from St. Louis) and I encountered an image of a Wall autographed by Bob Ezrin. It reads "THERE ARE NO WALLS, ONLY-" and then a word I can't make out. What is it?

Also, the book mentions that during Sleep at the RAH in '69 Roger debuted the "IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT..." line. However, on my copy of Massed Gadgets Of Auximenes I can't hear it. Granted, my copy is in the form of some bad mp3s and seems to be missing a track, but it seems to have Sleep; and I can not hear the line.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

On which page??? :roll: :o :D
moonwall
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Post by moonwall »

"THERE ARE NO WALLS, ONLY PORTALS" :?

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?"
Last edited by moonwall on Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Tenniru wrote: Also, the book mentions that during Sleep at the RAH in '69 Roger debuted the "IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT..." line. However, on my copy of Massed Gadgets Of Auximenes I can't hear it. Granted, my copy is in the form of some bad mp3s and seems to be missing a track, but it seems to have Sleep; and I can not hear the line.
ach its there young laddie, ye just need to clean oot yer ears
I remember discussing this tapeloop before, and it was here, in an obscure trivia thread!
so according to my former self, the loop is to be found "8 or 9 minutes into track 5"
gives you an excuse to relisten to this boot obsessively til you find it!