Vernon Fitch - Comfortably Numb: A History Of The Wall

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Well, I ditched the bad mp3s; I'm going to wait until a lossless version comes along.

Out of curiosity, does the lossless version also have this awful crackling noise, or is it the result of a crappy mp3?
Saint Seiya
Blade
Blade

Post by Saint Seiya »

Hey can somene post some pics of the book and how it looks please? I live in California, USA. it shows that its 6 bucks for shippin through air mail? do they send it to my house or i have to pick it up? Another question, on Pay pal do i just pay to the e-mail they have on the site 39.99 plus 6 dollars so $46.00 ?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Saint Seiya wrote:1 - Hey can somene post some pics of the book and how it looks please?

2 - I live in California, USA.

3 - it shows that its 6 bucks for shippin through air mail? do they send it to my house or i have to pick it up?

4 - Another question, on Pay pal do i just pay to the e-mail they have on the site 39.99 plus 6 dollars so $46.00 ?
1 - the front cover and some photos from within are on the website found in the first psot in this thread.

2 - top of the morning to you! 8)

3 - It will be posted to you in the post so will end up at your house!!

4 - yes, add the relevant postage and packaging charge to the book amount and then send via paypal.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Keith Jordan wrote:
Saint Seiya wrote:1 - Hey can somene post some pics of the book and how it looks please?

2 - I live in California, USA.

3 - it shows that its 6 bucks for shippin through air mail? do they send it to my house or i have to pick it up?

4 - Another question, on Pay pal do i just pay to the e-mail they have on the site 39.99 plus 6 dollars so $46.00 ?
1 - the front cover and some photos from within are on the website found in the first psot in this thread.

2 - top of the morning to you! 8)

3 - It will be posted to you in the post so will end up at your house!!

4 - yes, add the relevant postage and packaging charge to the book amount and then send via paypal.
wow, keith is having a mossy day today :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Yucateco wrote:wow, keith is having a mossy day today :lol:
Mossy is my hero!! :lol:

P.s. You didnt have to quote all of my post above as you were replying directly underneath it. Just a general point to yourself and just about everyone else on the forum! :o :D

I am almost on Chapter 3 in this book anyway and it has been really enjoyable up to now. It is a really brilliant behind the scenes and well documented look at the Wall! Make sure you all buy a copy before they are all gone. Only 5,000 copies worldwide in total!!!!
Saint Seiya
Blade
Blade

Post by Saint Seiya »

I ordered my copy!!!! hope it gets here quick!
ponkine
Blade
Blade

Post by ponkine »

ponkine wrote:For Vernon. Did Roger, Dave, or other related member say you something about releasing The Wall Live DVD Film in the near future :smt009 Do you know some info?

[-o<
No replies :-k so I can read from this two things:

Our hero Vernon didn't even talk about that :smt022

or

Roger said HELL NO !!!! :smt009

I really hope none of the two are right
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

ponkine wrote:
ponkine wrote:For Vernon. Did Roger, Dave, or other related member say you something about releasing The Wall Live DVD Film in the near future :smt009 Do you know some info?

[-o<
No replies :-k so I can read from this two things:

or

Considering that this book is about the HISTORY of The Wall...and that a DVD release is a speculative future release, there'd be no reason to discuss it in the book.

DVD technology hadn't even come along in 1978-1981 (the time period that the book covers.)
ponkine
Blade
Blade

Post by ponkine »

mosespa wrote:
ponkine wrote: No replies :-k so I can read from this two things:

or

Considering that this book is about the HISTORY of The Wall...and that a DVD release is a speculative future release, there'd be no reason to discuss it in the book.

DVD technology hadn't even come along in 1978-1981 (the time period that the book covers.)
I'm not talking about DVD in the book :lol: Of course the book don't talk about DVD hahaha :wink:

What I mean is that if Vernon did talk about a possible DVD release of The Wall Live Film with the people who were interviewed for the book, during tea time or coffee breaks maybe :smt041

I don't think our friends went to make interviews and didn't even say a word like "hello" or "goodbye". I'm wondering if they talked about other things than the stuff strictly necessary for the book :smt004
FitchV
Axe
Axe

Post by FitchV »

ponkine wrote: I'm not talking about DVD in the book :lol: Of course the book don't talk about DVD hahaha :wink:

What I mean is that if Vernon did talk about a possible DVD release of The Wall Live Film with the people who were interviewed for the book, during tea time or coffee breaks maybe :smt041

I don't think our friends went to make interviews and didn't even say a word like "hello" or "goodbye". I'm wondering if they talked about other things than the stuff strictly necessary for the book :smt004
The person holding up any release of The Wall live film is Roger Waters. He is the one who has control over it, and he doesn't seem to be interested in releasing it. The people who have the films are very interested in a release, as are some of the other people I talked with. But until they can convince Roger Waters that it should be released, it will not be. :cry:

Vernon Fitch
Pink Floyd Archives
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

There is nothing else we can do!

We must write an angry letter!

Dear Roger,............
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Even better, send Rog a link to the new NPF Magazine. I wrote a very persuasive article concerning archival material... just make sure he doesn't notice "The Delicate Sound Of Touring" or he'll ignore it and then send his ninjas after us.
Saint Seiya
Blade
Blade

Post by Saint Seiya »

hey guys i ordered my book last week (wednesday i think) and it still hasnt arrived. how long does it take to get to the states?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Somewhere in this thread, it says how long it should take.

I've ordered two copies and both were in my hands within two weeks.
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

I was thrilled to receive my copy of the book yesterday.It took about 4 weeks to the UK by surface mail which can't be bad.Can't give you a report yet as I'm saving opening it until after the NPF show in Brighton this weekend but it feels satisfyingly heavy!!