Vernon Fitch - Comfortably Numb: A History Of The Wall

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Freddie Mercury wrote:
1. ?!? Oh wait...I'm thinking the part with the floating man and leaf during the Trial may have been used for SOYCD for some reason.

2. Was part of the WTTM film we all know used in the Wall show somewhere (though I never noticed it)? Or did they use a different film for that on some of the '77 tour?
1. Correct. This is mentioned in the movie DVD commentary.

2. If I remember my info correctly, the version of WTTM which has been shown on MTV and VH1 is a bit chopped or something. I've heard images described for the animation of WTTM that I've simply never seen no matter how many times I watch the available clips.

In the Wall movie DVD, Scarfe mentions specific shots which pop up in either Waiting For The Worms or The Trial which were apparently once part of WTTM's animation.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

mosespa wrote:
2. If I remember my info correctly, the version of WTTM which has been shown on MTV and VH1 is a bit chopped or something. I've heard images described for the animation of WTTM that I've simply never seen no matter how many times I watch the available clips.

In the Wall movie DVD, Scarfe mentions specific shots which pop up in either Waiting For The Worms or The Trial which were apparently once part of WTTM's animation.
I did notice what looks like a sea of blood behind the judge at one point that looked like the background from the WTTM video. Also when WTTM was shown in concert it had an orblike flower expanding toward the screen, then when it opened it revealed what is the beginning of the "video version" as shown on MTV/VH1. (The video version cuts off the intro and then is out-of-sync.) You can see the intro on some VOIOs of the AMLOR tour and at the beginning of the MTV doc "Pink Floyd: Over The Wall" from 1988. I didn't notice that part during the Wall show but now I'll have to watch more carefully :) I'm gonna keep an eye on YouTube as well to see if the original animation for Goodbye Blue Sky ever shows up....
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Something else I just noticed: Vernon's book actually mentions the fu**ing flowers film being played twice...I just thought that was some "creative" editing on Harvest's part. It plays again where the "What Shall We Do Now" animation would be.
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

Any E.T.A. on the Vernon Fitch Q & A session?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Early next year now I think. :cry:
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

Keith Jordan wrote:Early next year now I think. :cry:
:cry:

Oh well. Has the interview actually taken place yet?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Freddie Mercury wrote:Something else I just noticed: Vernon's book actually mentions the fu**ing flowers film being played twice...I just thought that was some "creative" editing on Harvest's part. It plays again where the "What Shall We Do Now" animation would be.
Yeah...didn't we already cover that?
srginc
Embryo
Embryo

new Fitch book

Post by srginc »

grab it while you can. I got my copy in 3 days. The publishing /warehouse is in St. Pete FL. Since I live in Sarasota, BINGO! Had it in 3 days. Get it...a fantastic behind the scenes look at the making of the wall, with just incredible pics, and descriptions of how everything was done. Read it in 48 hours, just couldn't put it down. Some VERY unique surprises and lots of twists and turns.

Call me TJ, bad sign in name
towg

Post by towg »

Just got mine. 1118 - it doth rocketh most verily!
FitchV
Axe
Axe

Post by FitchV »

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you know that Dave White at Classic Rock online has named the Comfortably Numb book the #1 music book of 2006. It is great to see that there is still substantial interest in Pink Floyd within the music industry.

Thanks to everyone for their support of this project.

There are still copies of the Comfortably Numb book available for purchase (http://www.PFAPublishing.com), but work has already begun on the next one. Stay tuned.

Happy new year all!

Vernon Fitch
Pink Floyd Archives
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Congratulations Vernon! Well done!!! What is your next book focusing on? The Wall Movie?
FitchV
Axe
Axe

Post by FitchV »

Keith Jordan wrote:Congratulations Vernon! Well done!!! What is your next book focusing on? The Wall Movie?
My next book will cover the next three years of Pink Floyd history, 1981 through 1983. It will focus on The Wall movie, and The Final Cut. Seems logical to continue the story that way.

Vernon Fitch
Pink Floyd Archives
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Is there an estimated release date?
FitchV
Axe
Axe

Post by FitchV »

mosespa wrote:Is there an estimated release date?
No. I don't set release dates. But everyone who has purchased a copy of the Comfortably Numb book will get the first opportunity to buy the next book when it becomes available.

Purchasing the Comfortably Numb book not only gets you the book but also puts you on our subscription list for all future publications and other goodies.

Vernon Fitch
Pink Floyd Archives
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

FitchV wrote:
Tenniru wrote:God, this looks amazing, but fourty bucks is outside my range. When a cheaper pressing (or a digital version) comes along, though, I promise I'll grab it.
The Comfortably Numb book is a limited edition. Once sold out, it will not be reprinted.

Get it while you can.

Vernon Fitch
Pink Floyd Archives
$200,000 :shock: