Hyde Park - what did you think?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
mezzanine
Axe
Axe

Post by mezzanine »

I thought it was fantastic,the surround sound was brilliant and the visuals on the 3 screens were great as well...took me a while to notice there was a spitfire in the top corner of the stage...when i saw the crane behind the stage i was expecting some massive puppets ala rogers berlin gig.

can anyone point me in the right direction for pics from hyde park?

cheers and cheers roger
mezzanine
Axe
Axe

Post by mezzanine »

simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

jambo wrote:Anyone bootleg it?
I filmed the whole thing but my attention was focussed on enjoying the show so the camera footage is pretty shaky and there was a whole group of us singing along so the audio isnt very good but if anyone recorded any clips no matter how short I can replace some of my video footage with that and redub the audio once a better recording turns up to make a complete watchable DVD version of the show. So, if anyone else recorded anything please feel free to upload it to http://www.yousendit.com or a similar site or even e-mail it to [email protected] and I'll make the finished version available for download.
mezzanine
Axe
Axe

Post by mezzanine »

good luck mate this sounds good like. 8)
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Slightly off topic - I was reading the tour programme and at the back amoungst the credits it says "Sheep by ABC inflatables" so did an inflatable sheep appear at Hyde Park cause he didn't appear at Cork. And if he didn't appear at Hyde park does anyone know if he has put an appearence in on the first part of the tour and finally if he hasn't turned up yet - Look out for him on the North American Leg
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

drafsack wrote:I was reading the tour programme and at the back amoungst the credits it says "Sheep by ABC inflatables" so did an inflatable sheep appear at Hyde Park cause he didn't appear at Cork.
No, but there was an inflatable astronaut.
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

I didn't go because my mate's band was supposed to be playing that night but the show got cancelled at the last minute so I spent the entire afternoon and evening lying on the sofa watching the footie and sleeping between matches.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'll just have to wait until Stu's DVD comes out.
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

and Gilmour when performing Pink Floyd songs - absolutely nobody can do the rhythm section like Waters and Mason

:roll:

medication time
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Wow what a show :D

First off, horrible travel (10 hours in a Megabus... shit is the best word for it) and upon coming in to London on Friday night the stress and heat had really got to me. Anyways, got to my brother's in Wimbledon after cancelling the hostel (realised it would be cheaper) and for some much needed kip.

On the whole NPF side of things, excellent meeting Andy and Gem again, and lovely to put a face to a name with Stu who seemed quality too.

Now on to the musical side of things. I preffered it to Dave's show. I can't recommend it any higher than that. It's even better than Dave's show. Sure they're very different, but Roger's was far more about engaging the audience, showmanship and trying to establish a connection with those in the crowd while at Dave's you wouldn't dare sing along.

The track selection was excellent with Leaving Beruit, Have A Cigar, Great Gig in the Sky and In the Flesh! being the highlights, though no bad tracks anyway. Even Perfect Sense and Another Brick in the Wall part 2 which i usually don't like were excellent with the whole crowd singing along and getting really in to it. As for Dark Side, it was fantastic. On the Run has been tweaked in places to make it much better, Roger's vocals were on top form, and even when he wasn't singing his energy was captivating.

Oh, and throughout the visuals on screen and around the stage were stunning... Especially during Comfortably Numb :D

Anyway, so while Dave's show was a celebration of the musicianship Roger's was a night of passion and emotion. His story at the start of leaving Beruit, the cartoons, the lyrics and the passions of the vocals were incredibly sad and moving, Viera and Bring the Boys Back Home (the latter usually a horrible song in my opinion) was amazingly powerful with their selection and their visuals serving to remind us that they are just as relevent today as they have ever been, and Fletcher Memorial Home has to be heard to be beleived

On to the lip synching, gotta say he certainly did not sing the bits in Sheep where te nte continues at the end of a line (he stepped away from the mic and they were taken directly from the album) but the rest of it sounded totally genuine and very live

Anyways, great show and if you have tickets for later in the tour you're in for a real treat :D A night of passion, emotion and unity, as Gem said it has really taken the fun out of concert going as i really think nothing i ever see (aside from a Floyd reunion, but then that's highly unlikely) will match the Hyde Park show. Excellent stuff
andremorao
Axe
Axe

Post by andremorao »

Was he doing lip-sync?
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

He just answered that - try reading.
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

at Dave's you wouldn't dare sing along.
I'm not so sure about that, at my show he was very engaging, he talked to the audience, made us all feel involved, joked with us and the rest of the band inclusively, and I certainly didn't feel like I couldn't sing along...

But goddamn was Roger loud. On The Run was amazing, we were pretty much in the middle of the quad speakers, so got the full force of the surround, and the explosion in Perfect Sense...jeeeesuz!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:On to the lip synching, gotta say he certainly did not sing the bits in Sheep where te nte continues at the end of a line (he stepped away from the mic and they were taken directly from the album) but the rest of it sounded totally genuine and very live
Not many people have the lungs to sing those pieces with that much force and that length of time no matter how old!! Perhaps he was singing live and someone was controlling a sampler/delay thingy? I fully imagine parts of the concert were pre-recorded and the band were playing to a click track. Pretty likely considering the amount of video projections that tie in with each song. Its only a natural progression.
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

Or they are just a very good band capable of keeping perfect time? :P
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

By the way, has no one been able to find a bootlegg of this day? I am not a member on dime, and I can't remember my yeeshkul pw. Is there nothing on there, or anywhere? I'd really like to get hold of one. It's much better if the boot you are listening to is for the concert you went to. Verona is pretty good though.