Syd Barrett RIP - Pay Respects Here - No New Threads Please!

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
bmet
Knife
Knife

Live Comments

Post by bmet »

Attention British members!

Have any of the surviving Floyd members made a statement live on TV yet?
Being over here in Canada plus sleeping through the day (I'm on Night Shift),I've only seen the NewsNight and BBC 2 footage from yesterday.

Rogers is doing gigs at the moment.I'm wondering if he's been asked to comment on camera?
Paranoid Ace
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Paranoid Ace »

I don't think so...so far all I know is that a representative for the band informed that

"The band are naturally very upset and sad to learn of Syd Barrett's death. Syd was the guiding light of the early band line-up and leaves a legacy which continues to inspire."
cskg25
Axe
Axe

So long Syd, but ..

Post by cskg25 »

Here we are upset over the passing of Syd. Yes, it is surprising at the relative early age of 60, but think about this for a moment. He spent the last 30 years shunning all of humanity ...

He did this to himself ..

He didn't know you and he didn't WANT to know you ...

Yeah it's sad, but I am never going to get "upset" by it.
He didn't give a fuck who I am .. so why should I?

BTW, I AM a fan of Syd's work. And a Floyd nut.
Black Wizard
Embryo
Embryo

Goodbye Syd...

Post by Black Wizard »

:smt059

RIP Syd

:smt022
Maisie
Axe
Axe

Post by Maisie »

i don't feel he "didn't give a dam" at all. he could have made a fortune doing shit music if he wanted to- there were any number of folks who wouldv'e lined up to record him farting if he wanted to... but he didn'
t i think he had more respect for him self and US than to do that i think he lived with a quiet dignity about himself... and it still hurts REAL BIG TIME. i think he cared a lot more than any of us knew... i think he was ultra sensitive about his image while he was doing everyhting and after ward... he gave his sanity to be the epitome of a rock star... he wrote the freaking book... drew up the schematic and cut the template ... he made the model....
and could never live normally after it. I'm still hurtinmg big time... can't fight i can't see thru my tears yet.. i feel like a i lost a brother... and a piece of what makes me sing.. play and write music...
"when i woke up today and you weren't there to play then i wanted to be with you..." inside me i (STILL) feel -"alone and unreal"
PabloFloyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PabloFloyd »

Rest In Peace Vegetable Man, Shine On Forever and Ever.
Uvgtafrnd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Uvgtafrnd »

We've just lost the pulse....
High Time Cymbaline
Embryo
Embryo

Diamonds Are Forever

Post by High Time Cymbaline »

Last night i read these posts and got inspired to do my first little avatar, a tribute to Syd. Hope you like it Image PS sorry about the writing, i couldn't find an appropriate font so i did it myself... it looks like it was done by a five year old :oops:
santista9
Embryo
Embryo

Post by santista9 »

rests in peace syd :cry:
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Diamonds Are Forever

Post by flashback »

High Time Cymbaline wrote:Last night i read these posts and got inspired to do my first little avatar, a tribute to Syd. Hope you like it Image PS sorry about the writing, i couldn't find an appropriate font so i did it myself... it looks like it was done by a five year old :oops:
Looks pretty good(don't want no special fonts)for first time out.By the way welcome to the forum and hope you post again.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

It's a lovely tribute, HighTime.... Welcome aboard!
Bluesky
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bluesky »

Rest In Peace Syd. You live on.
Any Colour
Blade
Blade

Post by Any Colour »

Without you I would have no Pink Floyd which is just unimaginable to me. RIP Syd Barret and thankyou.
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Devil man 665 »

Sorry I dont come here much anymore,

I'm currently living in a hostel waiting for a house, so you can guess i dont have a pc, so i came to the library so i could pay my respects.

SYD!!! YOU ATE TOO MANY SWEETIES!!!!!!!!!!!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I already told this... tell it again in brief... Genious. MY SOULBROTHER, INSPIRER!!! Gone... :cry: :cry: :cry:
but not completely - he still shines on - he's the Sun. His spirit lives; he's there doing what he wrote about in "Flaming"... whenever/wherever you want to, "call to him across the sky"...