Syd was no acid casualty or recluse

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
oldperfume
Blade
Blade

Re: Syd was no acid casualty or recluse

Post by oldperfume »

Syd's was cremated so the family would not have what happened to Morrison's grave. What they did with the ashes, I have no idea. At least that's what I read somewhere.
Henrythe8thIam
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Henrythe8thIam »

oldperfume wrote:Syd's was cremated so the family would not have what happened to Morrison's grave. What they did with the ashes, I have no idea. At least that's what I read somewhere.
Ian got the ashes. He made jewellery out of it. Since he couldn't bond with his uncle when he was alive, he made bands of him afterwards. Wedding bands. With rocks on them. Rock bands.
oldperfume
Blade
Blade

Post by oldperfume »

Hey Henry!!

You are a SICK #%$#!@!! if what you said is crap. Lot of spare time......HANK!?!?
oldperfume
Blade
Blade

Post by oldperfume »

To Sydsmadcapgirl,
Is that really your picture? Honestly, I've never seen a more beautiful woman who also happens to have GREAT taste in music. Your cheek bones look like they were chiseled in porcelein...... My God, has anyone ever told you how gorgeous you are!?! I'm not trying to hit on you; I love my wife of 17 years & my daughter more than anything... But you are the girl I dreamed of marrying when I was a younger guy (I'm 46, probably too old for you!!) Gorgeous, can hold a conversation, & a Syd fan like me. Maybe in my next life.......... anyway don't be a stranger, your point of view is very refreshing & has a humane side to it all....kinda like Syd & his lyrics. Shine on, sweetheart!!!!
oldperfume
Blade
Blade

Post by oldperfume »

Does any one know what happened to Syd after he left Floyd? I mean '68 supposedly was a HORRIBLE year for him; sleeping on people's floors,drugs by the truck load, no sense of direction,etc. I do know that I read that he himself said that after he left he had a "terrible go" of it. When he did those pics w/ Mick Rock I know they sparked up a few joints but I read somewhere that Syd dabbled a little with heroin & I hope to God that's not true, although it wouldn't surprise me with all the pain he's gone through & inflicted on himself. The spot between SFOS & Madcap laughs......there WAS something wrong, but we'll never Know.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

Hey he never went insane from acid , actually nobody did, except people who are not human !