89%
Nay
11%

Total votes: 18

drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Collection of Great Dance Songs... almost forgot about that one... because its WORTHLESS , Ive blocked it out of memory. (but still bought it) The 2 demo samplers I have for Echoes are better! And someone tell me why they re-did Money?
A collection of great dance songs is not that bad, a nice edit of shine on
1-9 - the first offocial release of the track as it was originally planned ie one long piece. It also has sheep on their which is a megga track.

Also Money was re did for contractial reasons, something along the lines of Capital who I think released CoGDS did not own the rights to Money so it was redone by Dave Gilmour, who did all the parts.

While I'm still up on my pedastool Noone has mentioned "The Masters of Rock" vol 1 which was released in around 1974 which was mainly the A sides and B sides of their single releases and also while I'm still up here there is no mention of A collection of great dance songs or Works Discography section but Relics and Echoes is listed even though they are all best of albums.

Phew! I will go and lay down somewhere now
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

How could it of been a really cheap cash in as when it was originally released it was less than ?1.00. at a time when most albums were ?2.50 or more, even when I bought it in 75 it was still 99p. And for that you get unreleased material, A sides, B sides and some other tracks thrown in.
Well maybe not a complete cash in but it was basicly put out because ATM got to no. 1 in the UK charts and the record company wanted to feed the current interest in the band. I agree it's a pretty desent album espeicalyl biding my time(ops forgot that from my tracklist ;)) what i'm saying is rather than re-release an album that takes about half its runtime from tracks already available why not release something with only hard to get tracks on?
Last edited by MoreOrLess on Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SyladO
Axe
Axe

Post by SyladO »

Relics is great! Without it we'd have no Biding My Time. With the exception of roio.
UntilWeSleep
Axe
Axe

Post by UntilWeSleep »

Relics is a great compilation. I recommend it to any Floydian.