Rick's turn to lead...

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

Yet Another Movie wrote:
Spinoza wrote: BTW, if you read that article and the interviews well concerning DSOTM, it becomes rather obvious that for a good portion of the music Wright is responsible ( e.g. Time )
Oh yeah, because we all know how accurate a source of Pink Floyd's history Rick is.
hahah

ive decided not to believe any member of pink floyd about any time of their history, i can figure it out for myself. whos with me?
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Ultraman wrote:Either you didn't get my joke
Don't quit your day job.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Rick touring with Symphony doing PF songs?
Blade
Blade

Post by 0010 »

nosaj wrote:Rick touring with Symphony doing PF songs?
holy crap batman! that is brilliant! i heart rick :)
henno

Post by henno »

i always liked paintbox from the early days.....
better than 'stetoscope' imo

i dont think he would want the responsibility of 'leading' Pink Floyd...

im sure he would rather 'lead' a rick wright solo album with nick and david in session...........
Ton Up Alvis
Blade
Blade

Post by Ton Up Alvis »

Personaly I think Wright is and has always been underrated as a songwriter. Ever heard "Pink's Song" off Wet Dream? I have often wondered if it was intended for a Pink FLoyd album but rejected by Dave and Rog? TO mee it would have been a better fit on The Wall in the place of "Vera" or even "Nobody Home". I also wonder what "The Gunners Dream" would have sounded like with Wright on vocals. I love his voice for a rock singer.
Blade
Blade

Post by 0010 »

i think in one of davids recent interviews, he said that a lot of ricks songs on wet dream would have been wonderful pink floyd songs, but they were not ready in time for division bell.
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

0010 wrote:i think in one of davids recent interviews, he said that a lot of ricks songs on wet dream would have been wonderful pink floyd songs, but they were not ready in time for division bell.
Not to give you a hard Time ....But I don't understand this post......Wet Dream was 1978 and Division Bell was 1994....so the Wet Dreams Tunes were ready in time for Division Bell...16 years ready... :D
Blade
Blade

Post by 0010 »

ironbaden wrote:
0010 wrote:i think in one of davids recent interviews, he said that a lot of ricks songs on wet dream would have been wonderful pink floyd songs, but they were not ready in time for division bell.
Not to give you a hard Time ....But I don't understand this post......Wet Dream was 1978 and Division Bell was 1994....so the Wet Dreams Tunes were ready in time for Division Bell...16 years ready... :D
Oops, I meant Broken China. That came out in 1996? I think.
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

0010 wrote: Oops, I meant Broken China. That came out in 1996? I think.
I shoulda known that...sorry about that....... :D
PFralst
Knife
Knife

Post by PFralst »

Rick Wright as frontman?
That?s really Wearing The Inside Out!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

After hearing Rick on the Gilmour radio broadcast the other day it really made me want to see a Wright solo tour with just a few backing musicians playing a selection of his Floyd songs and some of his solo material, nice small intimate venues, it would be great if he would tour, even if it was just the once, there seems to be a whole world of possibilities for a really unique show.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Forget Rick. I think it's NICK'S time to lead Pink Floyd. Yes.
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

madcap69 wrote:Maybe Rick and Nick could do the project they originally were going after darkside. The one with no instruments. 8)
I tought it was a rock opera based on the life of Jack the Ripper, called Saucy Jack.
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

Ok, here's the deal (yeah I know this is a forum where fans of all ages get to fantasize about what could, would, should, has be(een).)

These guys are all old farts now. They're all past retirement age. They spent their entire adult lives basically at one job, from university to retirement. That doesn't happen too often in the real world. None of them has any desire to continue with their "job" anymore. It's done, over, kaput, finito juarez. That they occasionally write and perform music, that they occasionally tour under one guise or another, that they might reform for 'one offs' once in a while, all happen because that's what they enjoy doing as an avocation. So, in summary: Pink Floyd=big old corporate job, bunch of old retired guys, play occasionally for fun.

As you were.