who played sax on the Delicate Sound of Thunder tour?

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
TheJoker
Blade
Blade

Post by TheJoker »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
TheJoker wrote:He wasn't available for Knebworth 1990.
I wonder if that really was the case or whether or not David just wanted Candy Dulfer instead???
David and Nick have mentioned that Scott wasn't available at the date they were going to play at Knebworth. I think PF wanted him to tour with them in 1994, but he either declined or hat put his saxophone career behind him. I'm glad David brought his old friend Dick Parry back to the light. That was a great decision.

Rachel Fury was in many ways swifted out of the 80's Floyd camp. Sam Brown re-did a few of Rachel's vocals on the live album 'Delicate Sound Of Thunder'. I'm ot sure if this is true though. I think it was James Guthrie or someone who mentioned it once. So Sam Brown kind of replaced Rachel. I've also read somewere, that by 1995, Rachel Fury ('Fury' was only a stage name, and not her real last name) had put her singing career behind her. Rumours has it she works for an Animal Rights group now.

Does anyone else have more information about her, and Margaret Taylor if anyone has some?...

Joker
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

azza200 wrote:chances of finding one of them videos theres more chance of Scott Page getting his mullet CUT OFF then finding that VHS mate :lol: :lol:
Bring out the Duncan Goodhew-stylee Sott Page!!

http://www.hornplace.com/VI014.html
TheJoker
Blade
Blade

Post by TheJoker »

azza200 wrote:
TheJoker wrote:I'm seriously going to puchase one if I come across one....NOT. :lol: :wink:
chances of finding one of them videos theres more chance of Scott Page getting his mullet CUT OFF then finding that VHS mate :lol: :lol:
Believe it or not, but I saw a copy once at Ebay. It was used, and went for 12 bucks or something. :D :lol: :wink:
Yorsh01
Axe
Axe

Post by Yorsh01 »

damn... i have that concert... and i have to say... thank god that i live my childhood in the 90's... but mullet man rocks
chuckmein
Axe
Axe

Post by chuckmein »

I remember being about 75 feet from the stage for the AMLOR shows at the CNE in Toronto in 1987 and during some of sax bits I looked up at the stage and saw Scott Page and I said to my bro standing next to me and said ' who the f is that clown with the mullet ' We were so overwhelmed by his ' look ' that we could hardly pay attention to his sax playing. Once a mullet always a mullet.

Chuck , in the eighties I once had a mullet for about 10 minutes.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

Keith Jordan wrote: according to Vernon Fitch's Pink Floyd Encyclopedia! A recommended book of facts and figures. Nobody can hide from the Pink Floyd Encyclopedia!
this ad was brought to you by...Mr Mullet Shampoo just so i can stay on topic :lol:
i figured i would give it a plug also :wink:
by the way you can get his new book, Comfortably Numb: A History Of The Wall
by going here: http://www.pfapublishing.com/
:lol: