Pink Floyd's Next Album (hoax.....I think)

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

The font is called Calligraph421 BT. I'm currently using CorelDraw X3 on PC. Send me a pm if you need me to send it to you.
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

A HAPPY COUPLET

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

10,000 VOICES RISE IN TEMPEST JUST LIKE THE HITLER YOUTH
10,000 PEACE SIGNS.. BUT THEY LOOK DIFFERENT FROM THE BACK....
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: A HAPPY COUPLET

Post by moom »

AthousandMilesOfMoonlight wrote:10,000 VOICES RISE IN TEMPEST JUST LIKE THE HITLER YOUTH
10,000 PEACE SIGNS.. BUT THEY LOOK DIFFERENT FROM THE BACK....
are these new lyrics :) for what track?
Blade
Blade

That would be Hammill!

He He! Im glad i got a response as regards the couplet i put up. Prepare yourself for a big shock.. they have nothing to do with Pink Floyd at all. THey have been lifted from a song called "two or three spectres" written by Peter Hamill and featured on his excellent album "Nadirs Big Chance" (1975), the song itself is an acerbic and insightful look at the pitfalls of the music business and i have to say, better than any of Roger Waters musings on the subject (as good as they are).
It would also be worth checking out Hammills main act, the band Van der Graaf Generator.. underrated (criminally) and uniquely brilliant.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

...and this has what exactly to do with the Pink Floyd album hoax??? :?
Blade
Blade

:x Listen to yourself..For God Sake! Who cares about the Pink Floyd Album hoax.. all this rubbish that people waste their time on.. frankly its ludricous...Pink Floyd will never make another album and even if they did it would 99.99999% certain to be a load of compromised twaddle and only serve to sully a splendid discography which has already being slightly urinated upon by AMLOR. Maybe YOu should give Peter Hammill and Van der Graaf a listen.. who knows? you may like what you hear........
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

AthousandMilesOfMoonlight wrote::x Listen to yourself..For God Sake! Who cares about the Pink Floyd Album hoax.. all this rubbish that people waste their time on.. frankly its ludricous...Pink Floyd will never make another album and even if they did it would 99.99999% certain to be a load of compromised twaddle and only serve to sully a splendid discography which has already being slightly urinated upon by AMLOR. Maybe YOu should give Peter Hammill and Van der Graaf a listen.. who knows? you may like what you hear........
That wasn't my point. It's irrelevent whether I or anyone else believes there will be another Pink Floyd album or not...my point was, this is a discussion thread about the Pink Floyd album hoax, posted in the Pink Floyd forum. We have a General Music Discussion forum here where it is perfectly acceptable and appropriate to discuss Peter Hammill and Van der Graaf Generator. I could excuse a newbie, but with 100+ posts, you should know better by now.

That's my last word on it, because this is now off-topic too.

And thanks, I'm very familiar with the music of VDG and Peter Hammill; I was probably listening to them before you were even born. If you want to start a discussion in the appropriate forum, or revive one of the older discussions on them, I'm sure there would be plenty of people here would be happy to discuss it.

As for your more on-topic comments, yes, I agree, that it is highly unlikely that will be another Pink Floyd album, either with Roger Waters or without. But I do think it would be interesting to here what the four man Floyd would come up with these days if they could get it together. I don't think it would sully a splendid discography or career that already hasn't been sullied by albums like AMLOR or 25 years of bitter acrimony. Yes, it would be hard to imagine an new album being produced by such a union at the level of their classic 70's stuff, but you never know.

Nevertheless, Double Core is not that album. The main reason we continue to discuss it, if you haven't read the threads in other parts of the forum, is because, just for the fun of it, some of us musicians here at NPF are writing and recording this hoax album, as if it might have been the next PF album.
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

AthousandMilesOfMoonlight wrote::x Listen to yourself..For God Sake! Who cares about the Pink Floyd Album hoax.. all this rubbish that people waste their time on.. frankly its ludricous...Pink Floyd will never make another album and even if they did it would 99.99999% certain to be a load of compromised twaddle and only serve to sully a splendid discography which has already being slightly urinated upon by AMLOR. Maybe YOu should give Peter Hammill and Van der Graaf a listen.. who knows? you may like what you hear........
Isnt it a waste of time telling people they are wasting their time.

Actually I think its an interesting project, the fans getting together to write an album in the style of the Floyd.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Look, I don't give a fuck who you think you are, but just lay off. This thread was made so that people could have a laugh at the album cover, talk about the future of Pink Floyd and later on write their own lyrics for fun. If you don't like it, why do you need to tell us? Just leave the thread without replying. Is that really so fucking hard?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: That would be Hammill!

Post by moom »

AthousandMilesOfMoonlight wrote:He He! Im glad i got a response as regards the couplet i put up. Prepare yourself for a big shock.. they have nothing to do with Pink Floyd at all.
but WHAT is wrong with doing songs with same names for PF? It's no waste of time when you do a great thing, trust me ;)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I seem to be rubbing off on some people :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

ok. Maybe you should give Hawkwind a listen. You may like what you hear.

Is the concept of this thread giving you grief??? What is "compromised twaddle" in your eyes anyway? A Roger Waters solo project 'ruined' by the other three members insisting on playing on it and calling it Pink FLoyd?
Blade
Blade

storm in a floyd cup

:wink: Ahoy there maties!! My, my, what a little storm ive kicked up! and lord save us! what orrible language to be uttered in defence of ze Floyd. A message to Massed Maggots, isnt it ironic that an uber fan of Pink Floyd (who have quite consistently espoused liberal and anti-authoritarian viewpoints) such as yourself could come across as such a puffed up, fascistic, minor policeman type... dont let your power go to your head, chill out .....man.
Why be a stylistic slave of Pink Floyd as regards being creative? Whats the point of this, doing songs in their style, trying to write "pink floyd style" songs.. theres actually something slightly strange in all of this (nothing malevolent), Do your own thing, dig your own hole.. be inspired by the Floyd.. they followed their own muse, why dont you?
As regards the chance of a new and good album?.. i think we all realise its been ever diminishing returns since "The Final Cut" and little chance of that trend being bucked now.
As for the vehemence of the reaction towards my comments.. i suppose that paints its own picture.. you wouldnt get that angry about someone dying of hunger in Africa or news of 50 people being blown to bits in Baghdad. Despicable really.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: storm in a floyd cup

Post by jambo »

AthousandMilesOfMoonlight wrote:As for the vehemence of the reaction towards my comments.. i suppose that paints its own picture.. you wouldnt get that angry about someone dying of hunger in Africa or news of 50 people being blown to bits in Baghdad. Despicable really.
I would actually. I don't like people speaking for me, especially when they're fuckin wrong :roll: .
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: storm in a floyd cup

Post by Massed Gadgets »

AthousandMilesOfMoonlight wrote:such as yourself could come across as such a puffed up, fascistic, minor policeman type... dont let your power go to your head, chill out .....man.
All I asked was what your comments about VDGG had to do with this Pink Floyd thread. You were the one who responded with an angry face and called me ludicrous and told me I was wasting my time. I merely pointed out that, by the rules of this forum, under which I abide (and have absolutely no power whatsoever to enforce, by the way), that you may want to post your comments in the appropriate thread where people could join in on the discussion. Then I responded to your legitimate comments with some legitimate comments of my own.

A lot of people know me here, and I think it's safe to say that most of them probably think that generally I'm a nice and chilled out guy who's easy to get along with, but when some little asshole like you calls me a FASCIST, that's where I draw the line! You call everyone else here dispicable (way to make friends anywhere, dude!), without even knowing them, accusing them of doing (or not doing) things that you have no clue whether or not they do or don't. Yet we know something about you for certain, that you enjoy causing conflict and insulting people with libelous comments simply for your own perverse pleasure. And you call us despicable?

Grow up or get lost. :roll:
Last edited by Massed Gadgets on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.