Pink Floyd's Next Album (hoax.....I think)

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

Massed Gadgets is one of the best contributers and one of the more active members of this board. Calling him a fascist policeman is uncalled for. I would have said the same exact thing about your post, stop being off topic!
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I find it ironic someone telling MassedGadgets of all people he need to broaden his musical horizons
I would bet nobody in this forum has listened to records by more bands than MassedGadgets
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

[color=yellow]

********** stop going off topic *************

if you have nothing positive to add to this thread, dont post here...
if you want to champion Peter Hamill, then open a new thread in the general music forum...... stop stirring shit.......

Henno [/color]
Blade
Blade

:!: Stirring Shit??????? Naaaaaaahh..just a bit of shock treatment for the thread... it does no harm really.. i have to say though, its a bit rich censoring my comment.. especially after the expletive ridden post which greeted me after one of my initial comments.. where was the force of censorship then?? On the toilet?? anyway.. who cares really.. if you cant handle some criticism its more an indictment of you than me.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

AthousandMilesOfMoonlight, why dont you stay on topic and stop winding people up?
henno

Post by henno »

AthousandMilesOfMoonlight, nah, its not shock treatment, it just annoying crap...... there as been no critism from you so we have noting to take on board...

so again, if you have nothing to add to this thread, dont post here
if you want to go ahead and open a post to discuss PH or VDG then by all means, please go ahead......
Blade
Blade

truce

OK Lets all stay on topic then!!
heres some lyrics for "Come and See"

A tank rolled into the living room and interrupted our favourite show
I rose from the chair, clambered up and knocking on the turret, i bellowed "whos there?"
A frightened voice replied "oh only me and no one you know"
I shouted "well, look at the mess, youve destroyed the wall, ruined the carpet and the hamsters died of a heart attack"
A silence engulfs the dusty room... eventually a voice from the tank utters a reply.."im awfully sorry sir but i believe we were given the wrong co-ordinates, this is No. 35 and we're after No. 36"
Tank reverses out of room.. someone shouts "there,ll be a cheque in the post!"
Man is burning red in face and shivering with apocalyptic rage
running on to the street he starts to shout
"would you like to see what the army have done to me, then step right up come and see, come and see
A quiet man and a quiet life, never harmed or hurt, and then the bastards kill my precious hamster "Dee"
Come and see, come and see, for what today afflicts me will one day be visited upon thee"
Last edited by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight on Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

nice one, MoonlightyBoy :D Just like Waters in his solo works :D
Blade
Blade

hmmmmmmmm

:? Hmmmm .. is suppose i should take that as a compliment Moom.. cheers :D
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: hmmmmmmmm

Post by my breakfast. »

AthousandMilesOfMoonlight wrote::? Hmmmm .. is suppose i should take that as a compliment Moom.. cheers :D
You could take it as a compliment I suppose.

But I have to ask you this, why stir up shit on an online forum, that just means you don't go outside enough. Massed Gadgets has heard music by more bands than you could ever dream of, so its hardly right to call him a facist.

The thing which worries me most is that you seem to be rather eloquent, yet your skills are wasted in pissing matches on a forum trying to stir stuff up.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Well, for my part, I apologize for helping take this thread off-topic with my responses to AthousandMilesOfMoonlight. To answer one of his/her earlier questions, and to stay on topic here...

Why are we doing this? It's not because we are not capable of following our own muses. In fact, I think if you listen to some of the original music of some of the members here (and many of us have www links at the bottom of our posts so you can do just that), I think you will find that, even if you detect influences of Floyd and other artists in our music, the music itself is no Floyd clone. For those of us who enjoy composing original music, like myself, we do follow our own muses. The idea behind this little project was cooperation, fun, and a little challenge...to see if we could collectively step outside our normal creative directions and create something that could sound like the next Floyd album, if there ever was one. If you think that's a waste of time, that's fine, that's your opinion. No one's forcing you to be a part of it. But we who are involved happen to think it's a fun thing to do, and not a waste of time. I can't speak directly for the other musicians involved, but concurrently, I continue to work on my own music and my other creative passions too.

So in a nutshell, that's why we're doing it, or at least why I am doing it. Because it's fun.

I suspect, actually, though I haven't heard any of the other material yet, other than my own, that it will not likely end up sounding like a Pink Floyd album, because a) Pink Floyd are not doing it, and b) because you have a lot of diverse artists working on it, and it's impossible for them not to put a little of their own creativity and style into their compositions. But I guess we'll have to wait and see what the end results are. That's part of the fun. :D
Blade
Blade

conciliation

Well.. the reason im able to post so often is that i have unlimited internet access at work so i can mess about in the quiet moments, i do have a life by the way but i shall not protest too vehemently on that issue as that is usually a sure sign of deceit.
For Massed Gadgets.. apologies in order as i did not mean to impinge that you were all incapable of original thought or being creative, i was just advising that it is best not to wear your influences on your sleeve. and fair play to you all that you are actually doing some music and i wish you the best of luck with it and enjoyment (the most important part!)
I was in an argumentative mood and i created one... i had one of my turns....
I dont feel the need to be liked by everyone but im not a complete bastard, despite what you may think!
Peace off :smt028
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: conciliation

Post by Massed Gadgets »

AthousandMilesOfMoonlight wrote:For Massed Gadgets.. apologies in order
Apology accepted! I think we should all just move on and get back to interesting discussions and enjoyment now! That's what we are all here for! :)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: hmmmmmmmm

Post by moom »

my breakfast. wrote:
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight wrote::? Hmmmm .. is suppose i should take that as a compliment Moom.. cheers :D
You could take it as a compliment I suppose.
Yes :D And fuck fascists
Patrik
Axe
Axe

Post by Patrik »

Hi cwta eugene or should I say Roger Waters! Nice to be working with your lyrics! :-)
Hope you will be satisfied with what we come up with.
Cheers! Patrik
cwta eugene wrote:No Heaven and No Hell

Lyrics & music by Roger Waters

Used to kneel beside my bed as a kid
Just before I'd go to sleep
Used to whisper me a prayer, yes I did
And ask the lord my soul to keep

Went to church with mom and brother every week
And sat there in my little suit and tie
And Pastor John would yell to us that Heaven we must seek
Before life's over and we've died

But I'd look over at the family next to me
And there'd be Billy with his dad
While mine was buried in a box beneath a tree
His Union Jack & medals were all I had

And I'd look up at the sky
Ask God "why did daddy die?"
Give me an answer if you hear me, if you care
And why do children die in war?
While other's starve cause they're to poor?
Don't you see that life is sad to us up there?

But as I looked up at the sky
And listened hard as I would cry
I never heard a single voice that I could tell
So I sat without a dad
I got angry, I got mad
Until I realized there's no Heaven and no Hell

And as I grew, I started watching me the news
It told of war and rape and other morbid tales
And life for me got harder, I got angry and confused
And each time I tried to get up I just fell

-Bridge-
Because there is no God you see, it's just you and it's just me
And there's nobody that looks down on us from above
And there's no devil down below, its just our evil minds, you know?
Mankind made up what is hate and what is love

-Gilmour guitar solo-

So when I look up at the sky
I no longer start to cry
And never hear a single voice that I can tell
I still sit without a dad
I get angry, I get mad
Then I remeber there's no Heaven and no Hell